hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines

I am the 99.99998% Tyrus Tenebros's Avatar
    Epic wall of text very nice.

I didn't know that the boat thing was a bug I assumed it was my pirated copy that was sctewin me over

Might have to give this another shot....
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Willing to answer more game/mechanics/lore questions if people have specific ones. Things like Gehenna, thin-bloods, Caine, Lilith and the Antediluvians are all referenced in the game and integral to the lore, but you don't get a whole lot of background.

Can also answer about skill point allocation, or specific quests or whatever.~

Quote Originally Posted by Gesadt View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roam View Post
    Troika games, a trifecta of former Fallout 1 developers, who made a grand total of two games.
    wut? maybe you shud double check that

but imagine if they were still around in this age of kickstarter
    That Temple game was actually pretty good too, as far as mechanics and gameplay go.
    WoT: Mike_Hammer
    Tanks are like Pokemon, gotta collect 'em all.....

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
    Arthur Schopenhauer

Please don't teach me what to do with my pc.

~ and omg, the:

Spoiler:
    creepy, incestuous vampire crime family ... group, whose name I forget. In the mansion, and escaping via the crypt full of FUCKING ZOMBIES. Then that bitch ABANDONS ME. FML.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    ~ and omg, the:

Spoiler:
    creepy, incestuous vampire crime family ... group, whose name I forget. In the mansion, and escaping via the crypt full of FUCKING ZOMBIES. Then that bitch ABANDONS ME. FML.
      Spoiler:

Giovanni.

If you feel like having your mind fucked, take a gander at: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...radeBloodlines

Beware, there are shitloads of spoilers there.

I loved this game, I hope CCP's MMO can live up to this.

I don't recommend Malkavian for your first playthrough, save it for your second.

Also I've noticed that Vandal (the guy that will sell you blood at the blood bank) is the same voice actor for Vladimir in LoL.
    Last edited by Spaztick; July 31 2012 at 08:19:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    I loved this game, I hope CCP's MMO can live up to this.

I don't recommend Malkavian for your first playthrough, save it for your second.

Also I've noticed that Vandal (the guy that will sell you blood at the blood bank) is the same voice actor for Vladimir in LoL.
    Never knew that. But he's actually the same actor as FFX's Tidus.

Never found the game scary since playing through as a Tremere I just had to think it and their blood would explode out of their skin.

Spent the whole game walking though places looking for stuff to fuck up.

Downloaded off steam and when I try to run I get an error "Available memory less than 15MB" ... which is of course retarded.

Halp?

edit: and how do I patch the steam version using the unofficial patch?

2ndedit: nevermind google-fu success.

Have to set compatability mode -or- find the .exe in the steam/steamapps/common folder and install the unofficial patch to that location.
    Last edited by Tyrus Tenebros; July 31 2012 at 11:13:10 PM.
    I tried to be cool and all I got was a lousy warning about my sig being too big.

Is this Masquerades world in any way connected to *shudders* Anne Rice?

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

And now it keeps failing to find Steam... wtf ....

edit: fixed that too. Fucking steam.

Ventrue is a go
    Last edited by Tyrus Tenebros; July 31 2012 at 11:22:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lubica View Post
    Rest assured, NO. V:tM/WoD is its own great thing. Nothing poofy here.

Press X to uguu~

Thank-fucking-fully no. World of Darkness is vastly different from the gay buttsex Christian fanfiction that Rice is responsible for.

Cool, I'll give this a whirl when my neck stops cramping from my upcoming metal festival holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post
    Downloaded off steam and when I try to run I get an error "Available memory less than 15MB" ... which is of course retarded.

Halp?

Have to set compatability mode -or- find the .exe in the steam/steamapps/common folder and install the unofficial patch to that location.
    Shame I didn't see this earlier. The problem was in not following my guide, you needed to install the Wesp patch before running the game.

The game wasn't made for high amounts of memory or 64 bit OSes, so it won't even run on a lot of computers unless in compatibility mode (which in turn creates other issues often). Just keep it normal, install the unofficial patch to the correct location and it should work, it's one of the earliest bugs Wesp fixed.

The other "Can't find steam" bug I have never encountered, but I did have a friend complaining about that today as well. How did you fix that? I'll add a section for bugs in my guide, me thinks, to compile information like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Roam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrus Tenebros View Post

Halp?

Shame I didn't see this earlier. The problem was in not following my guide, you needed to install the Wesp patch before running the game.

The game wasn't made for high amounts of memory or 64 bit OSes, so it won't even run on a lot of computers unless in compatibility mode (which in turn creates other issues often). Just keep it normal, install the unofficial patch to the correct location and it should work, it's one of the earliest bugs Wesp fixed.

The other "Can't find steam" bug I have never encountered, but I did have a friend complaining about that today as well. How did you fix that? I'll add a section for bugs in my guide, me thinks, to compile information like this.
    You can also just turn on "run in service pack 3" compatability. (edit: I just installed the wesp patch)

I had to run BOTH steam AND VtM:Bloodlines in administrator mode by default to fix it.

Works fine now.
    Last edited by Tyrus Tenebros; August 1 2012 at 12:39:52 AM.

Oh hell no.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade

Although honestly if anything, VTM is more like True Blood. I remember remarking when I first played VTMB that it's what True Blood: The Game should be like if they ever make it.