hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 264

Thread: Vampire the Masquerade:Bloodlines

  1. #241
    Ashaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29, 2011
    Posts
    3,508
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Wait, did someone just suggest combat in Morrowind, Gothic 1/2 and Deus Ex is still serviceable toady? It was fucking awful 15 years ago and it's awful now.
    But that's like, your oppinnion maaaan.

    I still play morrowind. While the combat is a bit clunky, it stil has interesting features and mechanics that you don't find in other games today.
    And the immersion is top tier, even with the dated graphics.

  2. #242

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Wait, did someone just suggest combat in Morrowind, Gothic 1/2 and Deus Ex is still serviceable toady? It was fucking awful 15 years ago and it's awful now.
    But that's like, your oppinnion maaaan.

    I still play morrowind. While the combat is a bit clunky, it stil has interesting features and mechanics that you don't find in other games today.
    And the immersion is top tier, even with the dated graphics.
    A lot of those features are half baked and clunky as fuck though.

    That game literally lives on its atmosphere.

  3. #243

    Join Date
    December 15, 2011
    Location
    The Establishment
    Posts
    1,349
    Why can't someone crowdfund the people (apart from the obvious legal issues) the people who are doing the Skywind stuff so we can actually get the atmosphere in a decent (well, you know, at least - ok, I give up different shitty engine ?

  4. #244
    I say we petition CDPR to make a World of Darkness game.

  5. #245
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,777
    Idk what they'd do tbh, the world ends a year from VTMB in the lore

  6. #246
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    I say we petition CDPR to make a World of Darkness game.
    Between witcher and wod i'd rather have the former tbh.

  7. #247
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,368
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    I say we petition CDPR to make a World of Darkness game.
    Between Cyberpunk and wod i'd rather have the former tbh.
    Fixed that for you.

  8. #248
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,269
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    I say we petition CDPR to make a World of Darkness game.
    Between Cyberpunk and wod i'd rather have the former tbh.
    Fixed that for you.
    Well, turborfolk2077 is already happening. Hopefully.

  9. #249

    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    Unsubbed
    Posts
    2,549
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jonesbones View Post
    Wait, did someone just suggest combat in Morrowind, Gothic 1/2 and Deus Ex is still serviceable toady? It was fucking awful 15 years ago and it's awful now.
    But that's like, your oppinnion maaaan.

    I still play morrowind. While the combat is a bit clunky, it stil has interesting features and mechanics that you don't find in other games today.
    And the immersion is top tier, even with the dated graphics.
    Totally agree, Morrowind holds a special place in my heart along with Deus Ex. I bought Morrowind on the Xbox before I even built my first decent gaming PC. 400ish hours before the save corrupted and fucked me over. Deus Ex was another one, the world building is really good.

  10. #250
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    9,576
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    But seriously though, from the moment you enter the Hallowbrook Hotel, the game is just one endless fight-scene so poorly executed in Every regard (the level design is worse than JK Outcast) I had to cheat just to get to see the ending of the game.
    Oh yes, it is totally believable that you the player, a fledgling vampire, can fight through and outsmart literally Hordes of older more experienced vampires and various beasts - singlehandedly......
    Didn't they purposely hang a lampshade on this in the game, and it was ipmlied you were getting boosted by the mysterious taxi driver anyway?

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    But seriously though, from the moment you enter the Hallowbrook Hotel, the game is just one endless fight-scene so poorly executed in Every regard (the level design is worse than JK Outcast) I had to cheat just to get to see the ending of the game.
    Oh yes, it is totally believable that you the player, a fledgling vampire, can fight through and outsmart literally Hordes of older more experienced vampires and various beasts - singlehandedly......
    Didn't they purposely hang a lampshade on this in the game, and it was ipmlied you were getting boosted by the mysterious taxi driver anyway?
    No idea to be honest - my impression is they are a bunch of cowardly old vamps who try to shove me in the direction they want, and then they scurry away like the rats they are.
    If it'd been a proper WoD game I'd be a werewolf and rip all those crusty old bloodsuckers to shreds.

  12. #252
    XenosisMk4's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 13, 2017
    Location
    More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Posts
    3,777
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaztick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    But seriously though, from the moment you enter the Hallowbrook Hotel, the game is just one endless fight-scene so poorly executed in Every regard (the level design is worse than JK Outcast) I had to cheat just to get to see the ending of the game.
    Oh yes, it is totally believable that you the player, a fledgling vampire, can fight through and outsmart literally Hordes of older more experienced vampires and various beasts - singlehandedly......
    Didn't they purposely hang a lampshade on this in the game, and it was ipmlied you were getting boosted by the mysterious taxi driver anyway?
    No idea to be honest - my impression is they are a bunch of cowardly old vamps who try to shove me in the direction they want, and then they scurry away like the rats they are.
    If it'd been a proper WoD game I'd be a werewolf and rip all those crusty old bloodsuckers to shreds.
    This is why the Malkavian playthrough should be mandatory, since they know everything, they just don't know they know everything.

  13. #253
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,097
    gangrel crew checking in

  14. #254
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    29,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    gangrel crew checking in


    celerity is for fagets

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    gangrel crew checking in
    [IMG]https://qph.ec.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-3c3445df94cd84357b13bd968cba0763MG]

    celerity is for fagets
    Checking in - tho truth be told I play Gangrel because it's the closest thing to a Garou

  16. #256
    Donor Spaztick's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    No Longer up High Sierra's Ass
    Posts
    9,576
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    celerity is for fagets

  17. #257
    Roam's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    1,159
    Slight necro here I guess, but mostly curious if Snottus was playing with the quote unquote obligatory mods to even make the game playable? I mean, I don't disagree with some of what you said, but a lot of it also rings a bell of my playthrough in the unpatched version of the game.

    Sewer section is very definitely horrible though. I can't really place the floatiness though.

  18. #258
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,097
    fuck y'all don't make me do dis again
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Roam View Post
    Slight necro here I guess, but mostly curious if Snottus was playing with the quote unquote obligatory mods to even make the game playable? I mean, I don't disagree with some of what you said, but a lot of it also rings a bell of my playthrough in the unpatched version of the game.

    Sewer section is very definitely horrible though. I can't really place the floatiness though.
    I used the Unofficial Patch for obvious reasons. Tried Antitribu for a while but replaced it with Camarilla - can't remember whether I went with Camarilla or TFN in the end tho, explored both extensively.

  20. #260
    Omega Supreme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    fuck y'all don't make me do dis again

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •