hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 65

Thread: Inferno 1.2 will be deployed on Wednesday, August 8

  1. #1
    Daneel Trevize's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    T L A
    Posts
    12,995

    Inferno 1.2 will be deployed on Wednesday, August 8

    Quote Originally Posted by CCP Phantom
    The Inferno 1.2 expansion brings noticeable improvements in form of new V3 shaders for the Angel pirate faction ships, intuitive instructions together with a better New Player Experience and a continuation of our initiative to rebalance New Eden. With the rebalancing we adjust several frigates to serve a better purpose in New Eden, we also add more moon mineral alchemy reactions. Furthermore we improve the user interface and many other things.

    Check the Inferno 1.2 feature page for more information in the coming days! Also don’t miss our new Angel V3 video.

    A forum discussion thread is available here.

    See you in space, let's the Inferno continue!
    Brown for Angels, lolNPE, lol 'attack' frigate balance & mining barges changes. Details to come at a later date because :CCP:

  2. #2
    Donor AmaNutin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21, 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,600
    Found a pastebin page that looks like it lists the changes to ships:

    http://pastebin.com/frBc2muR
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

    "The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

    "The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919


    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    994
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Found a pastebin page that looks like it lists the changes to ships:

    http://pastebin.com/frBc2muR
    Am I reading that incorrectly or do Skiffs no longer have a Mercoxit bonus?

  4. #4
    Cydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Found a pastebin page that looks like it lists the changes to ships:

    http://pastebin.com/frBc2muR
    Am I reading that incorrectly or do Skiffs no longer have a Mercoxit bonus?
    Yeah, its becoming a tough cookie. It'll have the equivalent of three strip miners/ice miners in one.

    It's hp is:
    - 6000 Hull
    - 5500 Armor
    - 6500 Shield

    And on top of that it has 25% Bonus to Shield Capacity and 37.5% Bonus to Shield Resistances, not gonna be easy to "hulkageddon" one of these.

    They've also added Ice/Mercoxit mining rigs (can only fit one at once).

    This is assuming those notes are correct

  5. #5
    wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    98
    Noob ships getting e-war bonuses, the fuck?

  6. #6

    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    994
    Is the Hulk now the best Mercoxit miner by yield?

  7. #7
    Smuggo
    Guest
    Once again, a minor patch has more interesting content than the Tyrannis and Incarna expansions put together.

  8. #8
    Donor Sponk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    AU TZ
    Posts
    11,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
    Is the Hulk now the best Mercoxit miner by yield?
    Yes, especially with the skiff rig.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

    "You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."


  9. #9
    Donor Mortalitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,039
    1% bonuses for the skiff and mackinaw, anyone else thinking why bother? Wouldn't it be better to give them bonuses to suit their roles of tank and massive ore hold?
    Last edited by Mortalitis; July 24 2012 at 10:11:12 AM.

    WoT EU: Mortalitis

  10. #10
    Donor Sponk's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    AU TZ
    Posts
    11,503
    wat? they do, it's the other skill.

    Besides, they have to be a bit better, since they're T2, but they can't be too good, otherwise everyone will go 'fuck hulks'
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

    "You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."


  11. #11

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fairlight Corp / Rooks and Kings
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    wat? they do, it's the other skill.

    Besides, they have to be a bit better, since they're T2, but they can't be too good, otherwise everyone will go 'fuck hulks'
    People will still go fuck hulks if those values remain as they are, given the covetor actually outmines it untill you get exhumers 2 cause it gains 4 % yield per mining barge level compared to 3 % that the hulk gains. After that the gain is so marginal that its not really spending 200 mill more per hull (people already started doing it anyway, given that a tanked hulk has the same yield as a max yield covetor atm). Unless you need the higher tank on the hulk to tank rats maybe in nullsec.

  12. #12
    Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    18,666
    Hulk cost will come down lots as Tech does

  13. #13
    Donor Mortalitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponk View Post
    wat? they do, it's the other skill.

    Besides, they have to be a bit better, since they're T2, but they can't be too good, otherwise everyone will go 'fuck hulks'
    I meant add skills to both barge and exhumer that improve their specific roles

    WoT EU: Mortalitis

  14. #14
    Cydo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalitis View Post
    1% bonuses for the skiff and mackinaw, anyone else thinking why bother? Wouldn't it be better to give them bonuses to suit their roles of tank and massive ore hold?
    If you look at the Mining Barge bonuses not the Exhumer skills bonuses.
    Skiff: Bonuses to tanking
    Mackinaw: 50% bonus to hold and tank

  15. #15

    Join Date
    September 21, 2011
    Location
    Copenhell
    Posts
    121
    God, I hope those e-War noob ship boni is a bad troll... cuz what this game needs is easy access to MORE alts with discount falcon access and more e-war jamming...

  16. #16
    Donor AmaNutin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21, 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,600
    Hulk for ice mining after 1.02? The Mackinaw has advantages on the cycle times but still only has 2 slots for the miners, where the Hulk will have 3 (and no longer does the mack have the x2 yield so...).

    Looks cool. Especially rookie frigs and their bonuses making them well rounded for... rookies. These will make them more powerful disposable hulls.
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

    "The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

    "The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919


    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

  17. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Once again, a minor patch has more interesting content than the Tyrannis and Incarna expansions put together.
    Confirming that patches become important when they change something I'm personally interested in, rather than those other huge patches that never seem to touch my little ball of stuff I do when logging in.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  18. #18
    Donor AmaNutin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 21, 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    9,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Once again, a minor patch has more interesting content than the Tyrannis and Incarna expansions put together.
    Confirming that patches become important when they change something I'm personally interested in, rather than those other huge patches that never seem to touch my little ball of stuff I do when logging in.
    Erm, what is the little ball of stuff you play with?
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

    "The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

    "The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919


    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

  19. #19
    illectro's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    598
    Look the most important thing in all this is:

    The Ibis can finally use missiles!
    That dude.

  20. #20
    Donor Mortalitis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    2,039
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Hulk for ice mining after 1.02? The Mackinaw has advantages on the cycle times but still only has 2 slots for the miners, where the Hulk will have 3 (and no longer does the mack have the x2 yield so...).

    Looks cool. Especially rookie frigs and their bonuses making them well rounded for... rookies. These will make them more powerful disposable hulls.
    Mackinaw has a 33.33% reduction in cycle time so when a Hulk does 2 cycles netting 6 ice blocks the Mackinaw would have done 3 cycles also netting 6 blocks of ice. Skiff has similar bonus basically turning 1 strip miner into effectively 3.

    Despite that the Hulk would be best as it gets a better time reduction from Exhumer skill if you are mining straight into a Orca/Hauler. If no Orca/Hauler is there mack is better as it will hold more ice resulting less trips to station/pos.
    Last edited by Mortalitis; July 24 2012 at 03:35:09 PM.

    WoT EU: Mortalitis

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •