hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finals - Sunday 22nd July - 17:00 Exodus. vs Agony Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Isben View Post
    Why sure Anope that would be spanktastic
    I want you to know Haker was forced to pay me 5 bil to not kill you

Quote Originally Posted by Anope View Post
    That was actually a stressful match, so many times we thought one was gonna give then it would just get right back up. If people have interest I can upload the video from my perspective in the Kronos with our coms so you can get an idea of how things went down on our end
    I'd like to see it.

That was actually a stressful match, so many times we thought one was gonna give then it would just get right back up. If people have interest I can upload the video from my perspective in the Kronos with our coms so you can get an idea of how things went down on our end
    Yes please.

We were actually discussing in Agony TS that it would be really cool to see how the match looked from the opposite side. I don't believe we had anyone on our team frapsing though, but I can tell you it was rather hectic at times...

In wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself

sure thing il start compressing now il post link here when its up

Movember 2012
    Yes please!

going through my fraps I have footage of PL Titan dropping our final practice lol

Quote Originally Posted by hyperblaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaDaze View Post
    It was so close, but in the end Exodus. target swapped enough that they got to the one currently unlocked target (repping tengu can only lock 5 targets) and had enough DPS to nuke it before reps could be swapped.

Found the tengu KM. So if only that last medium shield rep was replaced with an Auto Targeting System I (+2 targets), the match might have turned out different.
    Quite possibly yes, then again a lucky jam from the griffin (before it died) might have won the match for Exodus earlier or the medium rep might have been key to keep two targets up. It's one of those things that can be (and no doubt was) debated at length (along with all the other theory crafting that went on).

Exodus. sensibly had the tengu scan res damped, they just did a great job and kept poking (though we thought they had another counter at the start when they bumped the bhaal twice )

Overall I'm proud of the job our tournie team did. They fielded multiple different setups, a couple of them being the most unique and focussed of any team in the tourny and got so close to that elusive top 8 spot.

No doubt we'll be back - if not AT11 then AT12
    Last edited by TeaDaze; July 23 2012 at 12:37:32 AM.

This is from my view...The boring Damnation pilot...

Movember 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Raze Zindonas View Post

Pro piloting, would watch again. I like the way you did the things with the modules.

I also enjoyed the serene background music in the midst of life-or-death combat.
    Last edited by Brullig; July 23 2012 at 01:08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brullig View Post

Pro piloting, would watch again. I like the way you did the things with the modules.
    I also enjoyed the serene background music in the midst of life-or-death combat

Anope video will be up soon...His will be much better

Quote Originally Posted by Brullig View Post

I also enjoyed the serene background music in the midst of life-or-death combat

Anope video will be up soon...His will be much better
    Still lol'd when you figured out the repping Tengu at ~7min.

1q to agony, why didnt you go for the onerios?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnolI...ature=youtu.be

Fraps of my view from the 2nd half of the fight first half seemed to boring

HD should be available soon
    Last edited by Anope; July 23 2012 at 04:09:56 AM.

Thanks for both the videos, interesting watch

Quote Originally Posted by Zeekar View Post
    1q to agony, why didnt you go for the onerios?
    I wasn't flying in the match so I haven't heard what the primaries were. My gut feeling is they poked a bit at first then decided that due to range, traversal etc they were unable to drop him with sentries (and the Bhaal was tracked to shit). Sending drones out there with a damnation baby sitting probably wouldn't have worked. Of course it is possibly the frigs would have ran after them and then reconnecting to sentries might have popped another one, but I really don't think it would have saved the match (unlikely to have been able to drop enough frigs to cover the ferox loss, and that assumes that the tengu somehow surviving too).

With hindsight it is clear that the ferox should have been perma locked as losing the links drops the effective tanking on the tengu by 4k. That said, with the amount of scan rez damping it's not the worst idea to have the second biggest ship be the one you unlock (considering the bhaal has less native resists and pretty easy to hit with BS guns you couldn't unlock that one and a cruiser would take even longer to lock). In this case the shear amount of DPS on the field just blew past the buffer during the extended locking cycle.

Welp, just rewatched the match in HD on youtube (so I can now see the ewar icons) and no damping on the tengu at all >.<

TBH, you'd have done better to drop the medium rep on the tengu for an auto-targeting system. +3 targets locked might've been enough to get you the 4-0 win.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubutai View Post
    TBH, you'd have done better to drop the medium rep on the tengu for an auto-targeting system. +3 targets locked might've been enough to get you the 4-0 win.
    Possibly, but (and again I wasn't flying so I don't know if this is the case) I think all the reps were needed to keep the bhaal up.

I am sure that should we take part in the next AT that we'll work this one out

Quote Originally Posted by Tsubutai View Post
    In hindsight, you are almost certainly correct...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnolI...ature=youtu.be

Fraps of my view from the 2nd half of the fight first half seemed to boring

HD should be available soon
    Thanks for posting this (Thanks to Raze as well)

Was great to see what was going on on the other side and how close we came to winning with only 4 points. But you guys certainly did an excellent job at poking at our weak spot and exploiting it.
    Last edited by Silas; July 23 2012 at 08:27:47 PM.

In wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself

Could have been the most fun I had all tournament. Frustration... Frustration... Frustration.... Ferox down, relief.

Was an awesome match.

Thanks again guys!

Kinda off topic...
    Though I do have one other question... we engaged you guys in syndicate multiple times - 3-4 months ago? The best the commentators can come up with is that we're both syndicate people? We've been dicking around in provi for the last 2 months and now in skarkon for almost a month. Come on guys... open eve-kill for 5 minutes, look both groups up. We move every few months to keep shit fresh. Stupid commentators.