hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finals - Sunday 22nd July - 17:00 Exodus. vs Agony Empire

Movember 2012
    That Gila at the end dropped so fast...I'm wondering if they were honoure-tanked because who the fuck would primary Gilas?

You can run an ABS w/o charges and it does boost for more than a T2 XLSB especially with that much incoming cap.

You should have heard the cheer on Agony TS when the first T1 frig went down.
    - don't confuse the fact that I like to be right with the rumours that I actually might be -

(DaDutchDude is in EVE hibernation in Some Random Corporation)

I am so conflicted.

I don't know if that was genius, or retardedness.

I'm going settle with hilarious, and it NEARLY worked.

Great fight Agony. o7

Damn I had a brownout temporarily shutting down my PC so I didn't see how Exodus snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Props to Agony for bringing another turtle setup. Maybe next tournament you will actually win the match.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I am so conflicted.

It could be both.

Definitely agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilulil View Post
    You can run an ABS w/o charges and it does boost for more than a T2 XLSB especially with that much incoming cap.
    Ah sweet. I should get back into Eve so I know wtf is going on

GF, Exodus. That was one for the history books.

At least we succeeded with our secondary objective: entertain the masses

PL did something similar back in AT7. Was with golems cap jerking + Tengu but no logi afaik.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I am so conflicted.

It's a fine line. If the match were 1 minute shorter they would've won.

I'm going to quote from our wiki on "Joining Agony Unleashed", subsection "What kind of players are you looking for":

We're not a very large corporation, and as such we expect a certain aggressiveness and resilience from our members. If your response to being outnumbered 3 to 1 is to dock up or log off then AGONY probably isn't the right place for you. If your response instead is to think "I wonder if this will work" right before a bright explosion, followed by maniacal giggling, then you're probably a good fit.
    Good run, boys. Sad i couldn't be on TS to cheer with you.

Quote Originally Posted by glepp View Post
    I'm going to quote from our wiki on "Joining Agony Unleashed", subsection "What kind of players are you looking for":

We're not a very large corporation, and as such we expect a certain aggressiveness and resilience from our members. If your response to being outnumbered 3 to 1 is to dock up or log off then AGONY probably isn't the right place for you. If your response instead is to think "I wonder if this will work" right before a bright explosion, followed by maniacal giggling, then you're probably a good fit.
    Good run, boys. Sad i couldn't be on TS to cheer with you.
    That's why we brought a 7 person setup, so we could be outnumbered

Quote Originally Posted by munen View Post
    Damn I had a brownout temporarily shutting down my PC so I didn't see how Exodus snatched victory from the jaws of defeat.

Props to Agony for bringing another turtle setup. Maybe next tournament you will actually win the match.
    We won with the forerunner of this setup in AT8 against Cry Havoc - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBwalkL7S5w

It was so close, but in the end Exodus. target swapped enough that they got to the one currently unlocked target (repping tengu can only lock 5 targets) and had enough DPS to nuke it before reps could be swapped.

Really good game, took me a couple of minutes before I got the setup and the goal. Well played!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Good Fight Boys

Quote Originally Posted by TeaDaze View Post
    It was so close, but in the end Exodus. target swapped enough that they got to the one currently unlocked target (repping tengu can only lock 5 targets) and had enough DPS to nuke it before reps could be swapped.

Found the tengu KM. So if only that last medium shield rep was replaced with an Auto Targeting System I (+2 targets), the match might have turned out different.

Quote Originally Posted by hyperblaster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TeaDaze View Post

Found the tengu KM. So if only that last medium shield rep was replaced with an Auto Targeting System I (+2 targets), the match might have turned out different.
    Quite possibly, yes. Our Tengu was under-repping on the Basilisk for a while to keep Exodus interested in shooting at it so who knows if we needed that extra medium rep. In hind sight the fact that the Tengu was not able to lock our whole team may have been the deciding factor. That and the fact that Exodus was doing a very good job of poking around looking for weak spots in our setup, and eventually finding one at the very last minute...

In wildness is the preservation of the world, so seek the wolf in thyself

That was actually a stressful match, so many times we thought one was gonna give then it would just get right back up. If people have interest I can upload the video from my perspective in the Kronos with our coms so you can get an idea of how things went down on our end

Why sure Anope that would be spanktastic