hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 283 of 283 FirstFirst ... 183233273280281282283
Results 5,641 to 5,658 of 5658

Thread: Warships - Armchair Admirals ahoy!

If im not misstaken this is where ships getts flagged to bahamas or other retarded country and sold to shell companies then deliberatley run aground and abandoned so the so the owner won need to pay for decomission.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    If im not misstaken this is where ships getts flagged to bahamas or other retarded country and sold to shell companies then deliberatley run aground and abandoned so the so the owner won need to pay for decomission.
    So is this actually worth buying?

USCG Cutter Eagle passes USS Iwo Jima (LHD-7) on the Hudson River

CIA declassifies its reports on the Russian Navy capabilities during the Cold War.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...war/index.html

TL;DR: Russian Navy has always been shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    CIA declassifies its reports on the Russian Navy capabilities during the Cold War.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...war/index.html

TL;DR: Russian Navy has always been shit.
    I'd be surprised if that's actually what it says.

Do i really have to wade through a 12.5mb PDF to find out that Soviet navy was heavily focused on SSBNs and shore defence against CBGs with a dash of rapid marine infantry landing operations?

It was still always number two after brits stepped down and everybody with half a braincell knows it. Too sad don's one is occupied by blinding hate of anything russian, eh?

Having glanced thought it the "report" looks like a brochure for politicians. Still reaffirms my statement above.
    Last edited by RazoR; September 9 2017 at 01:09:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Do i really have to wade through a 12.5mb PDF to find out that Soviet navy was heavily focused on SSBNs and shore defence against CBGs with a dash of rapid marine infantry landing operations?

It was still always number two after brits stepped down and everybody with half a braincell knows it. Too sad don's one is occupied by blinding hate of anything russian, eh?
    You're missing out on the fact that SSGNs were the primary anti CVN capability at sea in the late Soviet navy.

But yeah, their surface fleet was comparatively trash at blue water warfare: it's a question of priority, investment and seatime. Blue water warfare wasn't the surface fleets job.

But it should be an interesting read either way.

name the country

Cyka Blyat?

Huh, there's a firetruck on the deck. Odd that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

You're missing out on the fact that SSGNs were the primary anti CVN capability at sea in the late Soviet navy.

But yeah, their surface fleet was comparatively trash at blue water warfare: it's a question of priority, investment and seatime. Blue water warfare wasn't the surface fleets job.

But it should be an interesting read either way.
    In Harpoon, it was always the Backfires, never the surface fleet that caused issues. Surface fleet was just there to occupy the OODA loop.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Huh, there's a firetruck on the deck. Odd that.
    almost as if there are flammable materials being intentionally set on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    name the country

Could be Ukraine.

If they haven't sold their carrier for $20kk

Having glanced thought it the "report" looks like a brochure for politicians. Still reaffirms my statement above.
    You're delusional. Your submarine fleet was the best in the world before you ran out of money but everything else was on this level: https://1870to1918.wordpress.com/201...0-mile-voyage/

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

You're delusional. Your submarine fleet was the best in the world before you ran out of money but everything else was on this level: https://1870to1918.wordpress.com/201...0-mile-voyage/
    top notch argumentation there, comrade

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post

Except it wasn't.

TRAPS ARE GAY!

Lol. A 70ies missile, on a 70ies missile boat. Don't hesitate to wake me up when I'm supposed to be impressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...