hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 322 of 323 FirstFirst ... 222272312319320321322323 LastLast
Results 6,421 to 6,440 of 6454

Thread: Warships - Armchair Admirals ahoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    The flag looks off.

Looks like almost a beam wind whereas the carrier should be streaming into the wind.
    This isn't the fourties, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    The flag looks off.

Looks like almost a beam wind whereas the carrier should be streaming into the wind.

Note the flags.

The flag looks off.

Note the flags.
    Note the Flankers that can into 1+ T/W and absence of deck-based AWACS or other large aircraft.

That literally doesn't matter at all. Carriers launch and recover into the wind when possible. All aircraft take off and land into the wind when possible.

see the smoke

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

What do you think they need head wind for?

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    What do you think they need head wind for?
    Generating lift?
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

the same thing everyone needs headwind for. safety margin and operational sense

I know you don't have any concept of what you're talking about except that you're convinced that Russia is so stronk that you must know more about naval aviation than real naval officers and pilots and basic physics

(hint: catapults impart a lot of thrust to an aircraft, they still launch into the wind... just like everyone does. Even Russians)

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

I know you don't have any concept of what you're talking about except that you're convinced that Russia is so stronk that you must know more about naval aviation than real naval officers and pilots and basic physics

(hint: catapults impart a lot of thrust to an aircraft, they still launch into the wind... just like everyone does. Even Russians)
    Russians just launch into the wind so that the pilots have clear vision from the big black cloud of smoke that their carrier generates

reeeee

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post

Russians just launch into the wind so that the pilots have clear vision from the big black cloud of smoke that their carrier generates
    Surely that would be terrible for landing?

reeeee

Let us know when you have a working carrier so you can test the theory...
    meh

When you have a moveable runway, like a carrier, theres zero reason you wouldnt sail into the wind when launching and recovering aircraft. Not really a tough concept.

reeeee

No one said anything about returning, Tovarishch ))))

reeeee

Silly capitalistic ways of landing on the carrier are no use in strong russian economy where the navy can easily replace all unwanted planes anyway. Just ditch the plane in the ocean comrade!

reeeee

Stalling is the best way to land c/d?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    >USS Enterprise
    >Improvements
    >Nuclear powered (8)

Jesus Christ, I was under the impression it only had 4 reactors on board.

8 reactors, 4 turbines.

Insane.
    nevar forget

It was based on the Forrestal which had 4 drive shafts and redundant boilers. Being a test platform they just swapped out the old powerplants for nukes.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Larkonnis View Post
    >USS Enterprise
    >Improvements
    >Nuclear powered (8)

Jesus Christ, I was under the impression it only had 4 reactors on board.
    Obligatory video:
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

What the cinnamon toast fuck is this, burgers?

>WASHINGTON – The cost of upgrading and repairing the first four littoral combat ships is too high and it’s better just to decommission them, the U.S. Navy’s budget director said during the service’s budget roll-out.

>Following a string of engineering casualties, mishaps at seas and leadership problems, a 2016 reorganization of the littoral combat ship program designated the first four ships – Freedom, Independence, Fort Worth and Coronado – test vessels to be used to figure out how to fix the LCS fleet.

>The hulls have accrued between six and 12 years of service but their usefulness as test vessels is waning and they’re no longer worth a deeper financial investment, according to Rear Adm. Randy Crites, the deputy assistant secretary of the Navy for budget.
    https://www.defensenews.com/naval/20...-us-navy-says/