hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 318 of 330 FirstFirst ... 218268308315316317318319320321328 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,360 of 6581

Thread: Warships - Armchair Admirals ahoy!

  1. #6341
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    9,424
    Half of the recovered torpedoes from KNM Helge Ingstad was detonated in Hjeltefjord


  2. #6342
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,350
    bøøm
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  3. #6343

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    4,657


    This KNM Helge Ingstad recovery is getting long on tooth and it seems this will be extremely expensive , likely near total loss

  4. #6344
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,086
    It's dragging on.
    As long as ship is submerged it should be fine.

    Once it's pulled up, the race starts vs corrosion.
    It needs be cleaned and dried up internally.

    Being a Norwegian government mission, the chances for screwing up is approximately 100%.

  5. #6345
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    It's dragging on.
    As long as ship is submerged it should be fine.

    Once it's pulled up, the race starts vs corrosion.
    It needs be cleaned and dried up internally.

    Being a Norwegian government mission, the chances for screwing up is approximately 100%.
    FYP


  6. #6346
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,086
    Thursday they will start lifting the frigate. Will take 4-5 days.

    Live feed for the bored

  7. #6347

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    4,657
    soviet carrier in action




  8. #6348
    thebomby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    7,350
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

  9. #6349
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Didnīt they refit a Soviet one?

  10. #6350
    Kai's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 2, 2012
    Posts
    6,995
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Didnīt they refit a Soviet one?
    Yes. But theirs works.

  11. #6351

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    4,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Didnīt they refit a Soviet one?
    Yes. But theirs works.
    and is first of planned 6

    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...carriers-41567

  12. #6352
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    8,081
    So that's how Kuznetsov is actually supposed to look


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  13. #6353
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Didnīt they refit a Soviet one?
    Yes. But theirs works.
    and is first of planned 6

    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...carriers-41567
    Didnt the construction drydock sink?

  14. #6354

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    4,657
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Didnīt they refit a Soviet one?
    Yes. But theirs works.
    and is first of planned 6

    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...carriers-41567
    Didnt the construction drydock sink?
    World’s Biggest Dry Dock Sinks Holding Russia’s Only Aircraft Carrier

  15. #6355
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Didnīt they refit a Soviet one?
    Yes. But theirs works.
    and is first of planned 6

    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...carriers-41567
    Didnt the construction drydock sink?
    It was a floating drydock.
    You don't build ships in those, you need more room.

  16. #6356
    Bartholomeus Crane's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    9,140
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Didnīt they refit a Soviet one?
    Yes. But theirs works.
    and is first of planned 6

    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...carriers-41567
    Didnt the construction drydock sink?
    It was a floating drydock.
    You don't build ships in those, you need more room.
    So you just sink it. Is that what you're saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

  17. #6357
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,086
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Didnīt they refit a Soviet one?
    Yes. But theirs works.
    and is first of planned 6

    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...carriers-41567
    Didnt the construction drydock sink?
    It was a floating drydock.
    You don't build ships in those, you need more room.
    So you just sink it. Is that what you're saying?
    A floating dry dock is just for shorter outer hull maint. Where you usually don't open up a larger portion of it.
    (There is significant risk to using one)
    To build a such a large ship, you need something land based.

    In the case of admiral kuznetsov, I assume they used it because they didn't have a better solution available.

  18. #6358
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,464
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    By soviet, you mean Chinese?
    Didnīt they refit a Soviet one?
    Yes. But theirs works.
    and is first of planned 6

    https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...carriers-41567
    Didnt the construction drydock sink?
    It was a floating drydock.
    You don't build ships in those, you need more room.
    So you just sink it. Is that what you're saying?
    A floating dry dock is just for shorter outer hull maint. Where you usually don't open up a larger portion of it.
    (There is significant risk to using one)
    To build a such a large ship, you need something land based.

    In the case of admiral kuznetsov, I assume they used it because they didn't have a better solution available.
    Aha ok. Sounds resonable ty.

  19. #6359

    Join Date
    July 3, 2014
    Posts
    4,657


    30 Rafales, impressive.

  20. #6360

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •