hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CEVE new client

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisReaper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Styx View Post
    What an earth do they do in CEVE with those ginormous coalitions, from what I've heard it isn't like they attack each other.
    Farm isk, sell it for cash
    But who buys the ISK when you have some much peace, or do they fight but just not sovwar.
    ISK for the sake of isk.
    This is actually the case. Tons of players on CEVE run pimp fit ships because shiny everything is considered Good (even when it's bad for numbers, like faction versus T2 guns) and a measure of winning the game, so basically imagine a server filled with TQ's bling-bling mission runners. They're similarly careless about using those loot pinatas in PvP out of ignorance =P

On super coalitions, their setup is just more transparent than TQ's since they're all under one roof. But, according to certain FCs, it's supposedly sort of taboo to steal space and serious attempts to disrupt the status quo results in RMT pulling the strings for the whole server to slap you down. Instead, they do more fleet combat than sov stuff and let the bears be. This is why certain alliances still appear on the map despite getting thrashed daily, as well as the only tolerated sov attacks being perpetuated by the ones in charge.
    So not really different from TQ then

I fucked my sister XenosisReaper's Avatar
    Yeah but I think there's actually a serious risk of organised crime kicking your door down at 2AM because you reinforced some guys R64 POS.

No, but if you try and find out where the r64 pos is then they threaten to slit your throat

I fucked my sister XenosisReaper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    No, but if you try and find out where the r64 pos is then they threaten to slit your throat
    Difference is on CEVE that's probably a feasible outcome.

Xenosis's sister
    Actually, we held quite a few low sec tech moons right next to Jita with zero competition. It was the poor market stability that ruined things instead, with idiots plummeting fulleride prices such that our operation went from >64b ISK net profit per month to <20b. Watching those graphs fall with no way to stop it was sad.
    Last edited by Minion; August 6 2013 at 06:10:13 PM.

So, did any content actually happen with that little incident in Crescent Passenger Express's sov in Cobalt Edge, or no confirmed things?

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    Actually, we held quite a few low sec tech moons right next to Jita with zero competition. It was the poor market stability that ruined things instead, with idiots plummeting fulleride prices such that our operation went from >64b ISK net profit per month to <20b. Watching those graphs fall with no way to stop it was sad.
    Yeah, when I first started up on ceve I started with 1m of investment capital off the starting missions and made it to 200m in under a week just from buying skillbooks and reselling in jita for 100x markup. I could have kept that up for as much as I had market slots, except someone actually started purchasing skillbooks by the 500's and selling them at a loss

The same thing happened when I tried to do T2 ammo as well.
    i heard you're ideas and their definately good

i can try and find out what happened

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX View Post
    i can try and find out what happened
    Please do. I'm wondering what's going on after so long to finally cause such a significant shift in sovereignty.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

hi all, im back in ceve and i've a question : is there anyway to configure Isboxer with ceve and be able to play in english? because to bypass launcher, isboxer and chinalauncher use the .exe in bin folder. I tried to put the chinalauncher as .exe for isboxer, but crash at launching it everytime. I tried the.exe with isboxer, directly from bin, its working but in chinese.

Any solution?? thx

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Verite Rendition View Post
    Please do. I'm wondering what's going on after so long to finally cause such a significant shift in sovereignty.
    What's going on.

Serenity is just a bit busy this week. The changelog ran right off of the page.

Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

So they finally got bored of being carebears?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Trevize View Post
    So they finally got bored of being carebears?
    Maybe they're just getting ready for Odyssey.
    Contract stuff to Seraphina Amaranth.

"You give me the awful impression - I hate to have to say - of someone who hasn't read any of the arguments against your position. Ever."

At least they have semi-serious alliance names

all the alliances in tq sound like they where made by 13 year old kids.

Aren't all the good corp & alliance names & tickers taken by long-dead groups?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

When a corp or alliance disbands their name/ticker becomes available again. Corps with one or more players in it will remain alive forever though so they do keep names/tickers occupied. This is a good thing, prevents people from bringing old legends back to life.

As for good names, minor amounts of creativity are required to come up an original name on TQ. Most people cannot do this and will use dots instead.
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; September 9 2013 at 04:18:58 PM.

All the more reason to push for dead or empty corps to be renamed to EVEONLINECORP1234 rather than let them hog all the fun.

e: Josh, I can understand why rallying under an old banner - like BOB - could be frowned on, but when people are using terrible names and tickers, I think there should be some kind of expiration date for unsubbed CEOs of their 1-man corps.
    Audacter calumniare,
    semper aliquid haeret

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    All the more reason to push for dead or empty corps to be renamed to EVEONLINECORP1234 rather than let them hog all the fun.

e: Josh, I can understand why rallying under an old banner - like BOB - could be frowned on, but when people are using terrible names and tickers, I think there should be some kind of expiration date for unsubbed CEOs of their 1-man corps.
    What makes you think people are going to stop using terrible names after throwing a lot of old names back into the pool? Its not like we've exhausted the entire English language of semi-coherent names, most people are simply lazy, lack creativity or find using dumb names amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    When a corp or alliance disbands their name/ticker becomes available again. Corps with one or more players in it will remain alive forever though so they do keep names/tickers occupied. This is a good thing, prevents people from bringing old legends back to life.

As for good names, minor amounts of creativity are required to come up an original name on TQ. Most people cannot do this and will use dots instead.
    Did the naming policy with alliances change? The last time I was involved in forming an alliance, circa 2008-9, you could not re-use tickers from closed alliances.
    Last edited by Straight Hustlin; September 9 2013 at 05:19:44 PM. Reason: i cannot grammer today