hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 23 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Adversity. is recruiting socially awkward men, innocent young boys, and bronies

Adversity. is recruiting socially awkward men, innocent young boys, and bronies

Adversity, n; a condition marked by misfortune, calamity, or distress.

Adversity. is a USTZ corp looking for exceptional pilots who are experienced in PvP combat in both low and nullsec. Our main doctrines are largely armour-based, relying on faction battleships, strategic cruisers, and capitals to do the heavy lifting. Some of our members enjoy solo and small gang roaming on the side.

We are members of the prestigious Psychotic Tendencies. NORTHERN COALITION DOT [NC] alliance and exert our influence across Syndicate uhh wherever I guess. We are PvP-focused, albeit with a healthy appetite for solo PvE to fund things like dread alts and supercapitals. Members are free to do what they want on their own time and no ops are mandatory, but we do expect that you make an effort to be active and involved in the corp and alliance as we pursue our goals.

What we look for in a potential candidate:

• Ability to fly our doctrine ships and their support
    • PvP experience (Corp/KB history, any references)
    • Self-sufficiency in isk and logistics
    • Ownership of a suitcase carrier

Once your application is accepted, we can offer:

• Ship Replacement Program for everything
    • JF logistics to and from Jita
    • Soundboard spamming over comms, including/especially during fights
    • Poor cohesion
    • are34 creeping on your IP address and guessing where you live IRL never 4get
    • The ability to badpoast with even more smug on FHC/Zugu/disquis/reddit
    • Failed hotdrops
    • Occasional "PvP shakes"

Convo Lex Arson or Lich Reaper to enquire, or join the channel "2poc Cafe" in-game.

ALL APPLICATIONS REQUIRE A FULL API KEY FOR ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS, PLS NO SPY
    Last edited by Lex Arson; May 13 2015 at 12:13:34 PM.

(5:21:08 PM) Bacchanalian: I think we just recruited someone to adversity
    (5:21:14 PM) Bacchanalian: in the mafia recruitment thread
    (5:21:16 PM) ruri: op fucking success
    Quote Originally Posted by sharptoast View Post
    Another Cyno drops, it would seem Lex Arson was once again having a casual roam in his #ApexForce of around 20-25 Carriers
    Mystical Might > introduction 2 supers by Lex Arson
    Mystical Might > Supers 101: Nvm ur ded

Cool dudes. Bump. Plus one. Product/Service supported. Etc.

These guys post cool BR

Good group... excellent in fleets :-)

This is still a thing.

Confirming Lex is a slut.

I still lo- don't hate you! <3
    Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    The last time something dropped this hard.
    It ended World War Two.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel L'Siata View Post
    Confirming Lex is a slut.

I still lo- don't hate you! <3
    Butt pirates, man your stations

Yarr harr fiddledy dee

+1ing recruitment posts because I'm me!
    Roses are red.
    Violets are blue.
    The last time something dropped this hard.
    It ended World War Two.

OP updated. Also copypaste from syndicate thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Arson View Post
    Adversity (who are we anyway) are back in Syndicate, and we're hitting the ground running (albeit sometimes like a fat kid determined to get into shape). Today we took out a small gang of 3 nano drakes and an arty cane through lower Syndicate, first stopping in Y9G where we had a small scrap with FIGL on the 97X gate. My memory is fuzzy but it started with a me aggressing a rapier while keeping range on gate; a hurricane lands, and I think a second, so I call in my teammates, 1 drake and 1 arty cane (another drake was still home fitting up). We all keep range, waiting to close in for points until they started to align out. We kill a hurricane then switch primaries to the rapier which I am able to scram/web and kill (http://adversity.eve-kill.net/?a=kil...ll_id=14335041). During this time a second cane and maybe a drake lands, but quickly warp off as it becomes apparent they can't keep pace with us and deaggress. We proceed into M2- where a FIGL scram-Vaga jumps into us a promptly dies. We pat each others backs for our leet pee vee pee and continue on to KTHT, home of Seventh Sanctum.

Here they undock an abaddon and drake, which don't really do anything except undock a scimitar to rep the drake so he can deagress and undock while we kill it. gfgf 7th.

The roam continues down the S-U pocket, running into ExanI-Red in 35-. Here they undock a broadsword, proteus, tornado, but fail to vamoose the station despite shouting a lot of mean and threatening things in local. We continue on down towards 98Q, find nothing, and head back; only to find ExanI-Red camping our outgate (again) with 4 drakes and two scimitars, as well as a previously-spotted falcon cloaked in XS-. Not expecting to kill anything but also not expecting to die, we jump in, OH out MWD's and starburst off the gate, pulling out to range and start blapping into one of the scimitars, which breaks and expectedly jumps gate, only to be replaced by a falc0wn who then jams half our fleet. With more stuff jumping/warping in we all warp off to sun and then to our outgate, only to have them now following us with greater numbers. We repeat the starburst in IIRH and once again, move on without any losses or kills; just wasted ammo (and drones )

Our last stop is 6-C where I intentionally warp into the Reb bubble to bait out a Talos (with our pro pvp); however, due to a blackbird warping in to assist the talos and absolute shortbus mentality of everyone in fleet all of the sudden, our two other drakes failed to get any scram/web on the talos in order to stop him from slowly blapping me (we found out he had meta guns and faction iron charges ) So despite a close call we trade a drake for a talos, gfgfgf. We then have an unenventful but pleasant trip home. Glad to see Syndicate is still rocking lots of small-gang pvp and not 50man napfests.

Sticking my word in here:-

Do you like cohesive, striking ops with immaculate intel gleaned in advance? Fast-moving and well composed roams?
    I can't comment on ponies, but I do know you will learn a buttload and have fun doing it with this lot.

Give 'em a try if you think the O.P. might fit your bill and you fit it.

Good luck! o7

Had lots of great fights in M2- last night. It started with myself and bigboyal attempting to fight a BTA gang; we had a drake & talos, they had (iirc) a merlin, rifter, kitsune, ferox, harbinger, drake, and Megathron, and I think one or two other things. I the kitsune jammed out our talos so I got to work in my drake clearing light tackle and the kitsune. In the minute or so it took me to do that it must've become apparent to BTA that they wouldn't be able to effectively hold either of us down for the heavier DPS ships to come kill so they disengage and warp. We were both in a bad position for points but I did get a OH'd point on the ferox which we ofc pwnz0red.

As I was drifting around wrecks a Rote talos + rapier jump in simultaneously. the Rapier decloaked very close to our Talos which promptly killed it in 2-3 volleys (ASB, no buffer) while we burned out away from the gate now lighting up with more flashes than any red carpet event. Anderson's Talos burns hard and fast towards me; he has me pointed and even with our links he's still going a fraction of a hair faster than me. Fortunately my own talos wingman has not abandoned me and between the two of us we manage to kill my aggressor; I shoot of my final volley and get jammed by something, I didn't have time to look at what the rote fleet comp was at this point other than it was probably too much for us. Satisfied with our kills we are able to warp off, both alive and adrenaline running high.

We dock up, have an alt bring us some more drones while waiting for Rote's gang to pass us by. During this time however FIGL has become active in system, with a few hurricanes, a ranis, falcon (of course) and some assorted frig stuff. We engage them on the 97X gate but our Talos was in a bad position when they decloaked and he got scrammed very fast, and I was jammed and unable to help him. Our talos dies, I warp off sun to wait for him to grab a new ship.

It was at this point that I notice a BTA drake chilling some 170 off station at 0 velocity. With a "sure why not" attitude, I burn out after him point him and start killing him, only to realize that he was either passed out drunk or AFK. He apparently wakes up as he's hitting armor but of course it's too late for him at that point, and being a HAM drake he wouldn't have stood much of a chance once I'd pointed him anyway. At this time the BTA megathron from earlier undocks along with a FIGL cane; they both warp to the new drake wreck. I burn off, thinking tarp, but Ivy points the BTA mega and we both start shooting it as the rest of FIGL's gang lands and shoots the mega as well, making no move towards me.

I warp off to a tactical above the 97X gate and apparently land 3km away from Ivy's cloaked scout off gate, as a FIGL ranis warps up and lands directly on top of me. I "ohshit" a little but but scram/web the ranis and start making good work of him, aligning out, but I am again jammed by the falcon and although a lucky cycle allows me to kill the ranis, a second hurricane has landed by now and it's too late to pull range. I go home and reship, and another corpmate has joined us by now also in a drake.

We check out 6-C and find a gang camping the gate, with a Ishkur, Hawk, Tengu at least, some other frig stuff as well that I don't remember. However the Tengu turns out to be 100mn and we're unable to keep it tackled and we split ourselves up too much trying to do so. We trade our talos for an ishkur kill and a good fight. We decide to head on to Ostingele where our talos-now-in-a-pod can reship and roam through placid a bit.

In dastryns we find a small Suddenly Spaceships gang. I find one of their drakes on our gategate, he's flashy so I start engage him. he doesn't engage but I get him into low shields when a Gila jumps in shortly followed by a Loki. At this point one corpie is still putting his ship together in Ostingele and the other had just entered warp as I chose to warp off (oops). When he landed though there was no sight of any drake or gila, just the Loki, which GCC's on our other drake. I have him jump through and reapproach as I land at range and point the loki, at this point both my corpmates also land on field and we make very short work of the Loki which turned out to have loltank. The other drake had apparently redocked to gain his shields back and we get him low easily (still no sign of the gila) before a falc0wn uncloaks and manages to jam all three of us, so both hostile drake and falcon get away. Some station faggotry followed which didn't result in any kills so I won't bother writing about it, but the rest of the night was uneventful Gf's all around and.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex Arson View Post
    ~Small gang pvp update~

So badversitydot had a gudfite with EVE Uni today, whereas both sides redeemed themselves from our engagement last night (us redeeming ourselves for being bad, them redeeming themselves for blobbing).

The fight started with Adversity in 3 drakes and a talos, bouncing two poor Vanguard Myrms back and forth across the 97X/M2- gate with our gang (obviously) split across both sides. One is ASB and the other is active armor, so when one agressed on the M2-, we had to call the talos into us to bring the DPS to break his tank, leaving 2 drakes and a talos in M2-, with just a single drake in 97X holding point on the armor myrm. As the bulk of the gang is deagressing an EVE Uni gang jumps in from Y9G, warps (it's a long warp) and begins aggressing our drake + the myrm. AFAIK the E-Uni gang was a stiletto, malediction, moa, ASB raven, falcon. The myrm went down fast and with the rest of us jumping into 97X, the two gangs focused their attention off the random gank and onto each other.

Akat (our 97X drake) was able to engage pro nano skills and warp off from the aggressing gang as we jumped in. Drakes started burning to tackle the ceptors, but to their credit their ceptors managed to keep out of range of our webs. Their moa got a lucky scram/web on one drake but due to the low DPS of their gang (he was out of range of their torp raven, who never really left the gate the entire fight) it was a small matter to kill the moa before any significant damage was done. A falcon decloaked somewhere around this time and died more or less before the locking delay was over, and a ceptor largely underestimated the effective range of a talos and thought it was be wise to burn directly away from him at 30km (he died). Fire switches onto the Raven, who let us get him into half armor before he started boosting, deagressed and jumped through. Gfs were called, we all jumped into M2- to drop off loot and repair our shit.

http://adversity.eve-kill.net/?a=kil...ll_id=14534489 (switch the raven over)

After repairing, we went back to 97X to loot/head home when we noticed, hey, that raven is back. Due to bubbles on the gate he had a headstart on us but being a raven, our drakes and talos were a bit faster than him. We caught up to him in Yveve on the Conomette gate, and fine with the idea off taking global on him, as he had no visible support. Nothing really interesting happened during this gank until he finally did jump through. The gate guns did a nasty on our drake and talos on the other side and right before the raven popped the stiletto from earlier landed, pointed a drake, and the gate guns finished him. gfgf.

I just joined this starguild. You should, too.

This is still a thing.

Highly recommend these guys if you are looking for something 1 less man child level above SLAPD. Seems like you've got a nice group forming lex, and you are a broooooooooo.

Everyone ran from our 5-man AF gang the other day.

Was gay.

nbs
    MAX damage posting

Quote Originally Posted by StevieTopSiders View Post
    Everyone ran from our 5-man AF gang the other day.

Was gay.
    We have had that, including a 30man frig/inty gang.