hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 54 12341151 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting Smoking + e-Cig experiment

Quitting Smoking + e-Cig experiment

E-cig quick starter guide: http://blog.vividsmoke.com/vaping-guide/
    What I would recommend to begin with:

2 variable voltage eGo batteries (spinner vision, kanger evod) with an USB charger OR an Eleaf iStick or similar box batteries.
    Atomizer: Kanger Subtank; make sure your batteries can provide adequate wattage and accept low resistance if you want to go subohm. The ready made coils are very good though. Alternative: Aspire Nautilus.

Some e-liquid, Halo makes decent stuff for beginners.

If your liquid lose its flavor but you are still getting nice vapor, you might want to switch to a completely different juice. Or just take a mint or something..
    When you don't like a liquid don't throw it immediately down the drain but let it rests open in a dark place for a while (couple of days to a couple of weeks) and try it again.

France:
    Allday.fr (liquid)
    lepetitvapoteur.com (both)
    taklope.com (both)
    espacevap.com (both)

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Last edited by fng; April 4 2015 at 06:26:01 PM.

Re: Quitting Smoking

Every time you feel like smoking, ask yourself "Do I really want to smoke this cigarette?" If the answer is yes, go smoke it.

I stopped smoking for two weeks using this method. After those two weeks I had proven my point and gladly resumed the destroying of my lungs v0v

Never really smoked. But the answer to all of your questions would appear to be 'fapping'.

What a pussy. You either smoke or don't.

Real men don't need patches and shit mostly because you can buy beer instead.

P.S.: Anyone having the old posting freeze bug?

Quitting Smoking

I gave up for about two months through sheer willpower. I kept a pack on me at all times so there was never a panic state of really wanting one but not having one. What kept me going was saying to myself "I want one now and if I still want one in ten minutes I will have one." because cravings last less than five minutes so after ten they had subsided and I could get through another 40 minutes without one.

What fucked me over was I had a near psychotic episode and I was straight back on them through and after that.

What's also tough is the thought "I'll never have another cigarette again in my life." Which is fucking terrifying if you love smoking as much as me. I don't have Amy advice for getting past that.

Best of luck giving up.

I managed to stop smoking by never starting

Take up heroin, sooner or later you will be more addicted to that and will forgo smoking for heroin.

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Chew gum, if you chew enough it will replace your smoking as a compulsion. You need a huge amount of willpower, and you can also go to your GP and get a nicotine replacement (that works, none of this supermarket shit) to take.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtuozzo
    The evolution of the meme. From shipspinning to meatspinning.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin Desal
    Chew gum, if you chew enough it will replace your smoking as a compulsion and give you ulcer.
    fyp

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator

easiest way to quit smoking is to just fucking quit.

Donor

I did something that might not work for everyone but worked really well for me. As well as smoking I drink around three litres of coke a day and was heartily addicted to both. To quit smoking I stopped both dead. Whenever I wanted coke I thought cigarettes, when I wanted cigarettes I thought coke. Once in got to around two weeks I would treat myself in the bad moments with a can of coke and honestly it was amusing how easy it was to go from around fifteen a day to zero. The coke was the hard bit lol.

You may not have the same as me but it's all about association.
    statistically 9 out of 10 people enjoy gang repping

maybe try ecigs?

Most of it has to be will power im afraid

Remember this, after 42 hours 99% of the nicotine has left your body. after that its your brain you have to fight against.
    - Slockna

Quote Originally Posted by Slockna
    Most of it has to be will power im afraid

Remember this, after 42 hours 99% of the nicotine has left your body. after that its your brain you have to fight against.
    Yo i propose quitting through a Witcher 2 marathon :3

Every time you want a cig, consume instead something really horrible tasting or smelling. After the nicotine is out of your body (drink at least 64 oz of water the first few days to help with that), you should find yourself getting conditioned to have a negative reaction at the thought of consuming a cigarette. Two to four weeks of that negative conditioning might do the trick. They might make some kind of drug you can get prescribed which makes cigs taste really terrible or makes you feel ill from smoking one.

Good luck with the effort...haven't ever smoked myself, but seen plenty people struggle with quitting.

A lot of people have good luck with chantix. It actually works well, but it has some hellacious possible side effects. Remember it's common to take multiple tries to quit so the biggest thing is that if you fall off the bus just get right back up on it. Nobodies perfect.

go stay with friend/family that doesnt smoke. Makes you feel a total dumbass going out for one on ur lonesome (tell others to not come with you >.>)
    "But the vast majority of this forum is European and/or highly urbanized and quite liberal in their firearms views. Take this discussion to ih8mud.com (Toyota Land Cruiser forum) or even knifeforums.com and you'd see the opposite."
    -OrangeAfroMan

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR
    i literally stopped like this, one day i decided it was enough and i've been "clean" for 4 months or so already.

feels good man
    need me?, contact me on IRC or via PM

Quote Originally Posted by EntroX
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR
    i literally stopped like this, one day i decided it was enough and i've been "clean" for 4 months or so already.

feels good man
    I stopped when Modern Warfare 2(?) came out and i even smoked close to 2 packs during that day. Was just too lazy to go out and buy some more. 3 days later it was Monday i did not smoke the whole weekend and i decided to quit for good.
    If you really want to quit just do it. No patches, no gum, just do it faggot.

I quit smoking by never starting, because I wasn't a retard and knew even as a child that smoking was incredibly addictive and a stupid thing to start doing.