hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24249505152
Results 1,021 to 1,025 of 1025

Thread: Quitting Smoking + e-Cig experiment

Haven't used the tank, so it actually might be fine. But it won't solve your core problem, which is coils gunking up quickly.

Try it and see, a spool of clapton wire is a fiver.

You might also try a different juice with the same flavour profile - it's been my experience that almost anything marketed as 'premium' is loaded with sweeteners. I think Vampire do a rhubarb and custard flavour, don't know if it's any good mind as I'm not a huge custard fan.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy Dare View Post
    Yea that nail's it then.

I kill Coils fast because of the custards and High VG Liqids I like. current one being https://www.smkd.com/products/indulge-ruby-30ml
    Yea I dry burn them and replace wool pretty much every refil because that metalic taste is just fucking horrible. I guess this is just how it goes.

Saved me some money on Clapton coils so cheers

Must ask but Meip pictured his current setup on the previous page and mentioned he runs a single clapton at 25w> is he just doin it wrong?
    I dunno about Claptons yet since I've been running the same coils for months (SS). I can't even wtf changing wicks every refill, are you using an RTA or RDA? I'm saying this because in my RTA I only change wicks like once a month or so and I vape almost exclusively custards (American Desire range from VV), so you must be doing smth wrong.

Fakeedit: found my setup: dual 317L SS 10 loop coils at 0.40ohm, TC mode 350*F on the XCube II.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

You can run claptons at 30 watts, if you use a very thin wire gauge combo. Overall tho, Zekk's right about needing at least 50-60 watts for standard clapton sizes (I run the same gauge as Zekk at 70).

Changing wicks every few days is fairly normal depending on the setup. However, coil gunking is always a juice thing, not a build thing. Custards can be pretty bad if steeped until dark. I'm on a GVC clone at the moment that's at least 6 weeks steeped (soft caramel colour) and it'll kill a wick in 2-3 days easy. On the other hand, I get a Kreed's Custard clone from a friend at work that is very lightly coloured, I can get a good week + out of a wick with that juice.

Biggest factor in gunking is sweeteners in juice. Even small amounts gunk a coil to shit; heavily sweetened juices can kill a coil in a day. Most of the juices available online and in shops are heavily sweetened, but there are a few vendors out there that make a point not to use them (they're not needed if the juice is done right).

Tanks are a little more prone to gunking as they're generally a little hotter than a dripper (all that heat in a small chamber). Temp in general is another factor, the hotter it is, the faster it'll gunk.

@ Cosmin a month is pushing it, surely the flavour must be pretty poor after a few weeks? Not to mention all the nasty, molecules-repeatedly-superheated-until-carbonised shit that builds up, some of which you are guaranteed to be inhaling!

Once a week, or sooner if the coil is heavily gunked, is a good level imo. Avoid lots of build up, if only for the potential health impact of inhaling month-old nasties. And seriously consider looking out for juices that don't use sweeteners - that's where you'll notice the biggest difference.
    Last edited by Saul; January 17 2017 at 07:16:36 PM.

The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    custards and sweet desserts every few days, i can coil and wick a 0.3 bulid in 5 mins, current favorite juice is this

https://www.flavourvapour.co.uk/cate...evn-60ml/1181/

lemon glase doughnuts, gunks up pretty fast

edit, thats 4 wraps at 3mm id of 26 gauge kanthal

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    You can run claptons at 30 watts, if you use a very thin wire gauge combo. Overall tho, Zekk's right about needing at least 50-60 watts for standard clapton sizes (I run the same gauge as Zekk at 70).

Changing wicks every few days is fairly normal depending on the setup. However, coil gunking is always a juice thing, not a build thing. Custards can be pretty bad if steeped until dark. I'm on a GVC clone at the moment that's at least 6 weeks steeped (soft caramel colour) and it'll kill a wick in 2-3 days easy. On the other hand, I get a Kreed's Custard clone from a friend at work that is very lightly coloured, I can get a good week + out of a wick with that juice.

Biggest factor in gunking is sweeteners in juice. Even small amounts gunk a coil to shit; heavily sweetened juices can kill a coil in a day. Most of the juices available online and in shops are heavily sweetened, but there are a few vendors out there that make a point not to use them (they're not needed if the juice is done right).

Tanks are a little more prone to gunking as they're generally a little hotter than a dripper (all that heat in a small chamber). Temp in general is another factor, the hotter it is, the faster it'll gunk.

@ Cosmin a month is pushing it, surely the flavour must be pretty poor after a few weeks? Not to mention all the nasty, molecules-repeatedly-superheated-until-carbonised shit that builds up, some of which you are guaranteed to be inhaling!

Once a week, or sooner if the coil is heavily gunked, is a good level imo. Avoid lots of build up, if only for the potential health impact of inhaling month-old nasties. And seriously consider looking out for juices that don't use sweeteners - that's where you'll notice the biggest difference.

Here's hoping that custard I linked is a good one then as it's my first for a while that wasn't a dark colour. So far so good.
    New tank is 10x easier to build on being that much bigger so I intend to experiment with a couple of different coil setups.

I think it's just a combination of me being super aware of that taste you get, I take some pretty long tokes on it which makes it heat a lot and obviously my liquid choice.

I had initially wondered if the Clapton's would produce a better kind of heat figuring if the coil had better surface area it may not reach such a high temp so quickly and hopfully improve gunking rate. But a clapton having lots of little nooks and crannies as Zekk Pacus said might mean I had this all a bit backwards.