hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 454 of 466 FirstFirst ... 354404444451452453454455456457464 ... LastLast
Results 9,061 to 9,080 of 9313

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Takeshi Nuwen View Post
    Best episode of Book of Boba Fett yet, on account of not really being an episode of Book of Boba Fett...
    I enjoyed the episode, on the re-watch I have a theory that much of the footage is actually mando S3e1, they just threw it in as ep5 so they could re-cut the rest of the S1 of BoBF due to back lash in an attempt to improve it..
    Fully expecting Jabba's palace to be a mando outpost by the end of the arc.

Also Djin will end up finding a "lost map" of the mines.
    I think Book of Booba is hilarious because Mr Kickass Bountyhunter continually gets his ass kicked. The mobility scooter gang doesnt help.

Last ep was even more callback central than the rest, and thats saying something. Eh, at least it's not actively trying to be bad.

Because I couldn't decide which (new) movie/series to watch, I started rewatching DS9. It's been 10+ years since I last watched it and I found it interesting how familiar I still am with all the characters. And mostly still knowing how their relationships will evolve over the series, it's really fun to see how it starts out, e.g. Bashir+Garak, Quark+Odo

DS9 still is great. There's so many brilliant episodes. Duet is my favourite.

Confirming last ep of Boba was actually great. Because you know, it wasnt an episode of Boba.

As a side note, if thats the type of action and brutality we can expect from Mando S3 I am quite hype. Dude straight up rage-sliced those guys, awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Boba show episode 6 finally gives us badass movie Boba Fett!

Spoiler:
    He's just looking like a blue alien and has adopted the name Cad Bane now ba-dum-tish. CGI Luke looked very impressive, a real step up from the Mando s2 finale. Star Wars is probably the worst possible IP to be given fully operational CGI actors though.

edit:

Here is the cast of characters for the glorious seven showdown to come next episode
    1. boba
    2. fennec
    3. the angry wookie
    4. mando
    5. cobb and the cobbites
    6. the scooter gang
    7. the raging rancor

plus featuring special guest grogu
    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; February 2 2022 at 02:13:19 PM.

Anyone watching Station Eleven? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10574236/

I started watching because I enjoyed the book and Mackenzie Davis has been in good things (Halt and Catch Fire, Black Mirror). Only the first 3 episodes are available in the UK and they have been quite slow and bitty. But that is understandable set-up and I understand that it gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Anyone watching Station Eleven? https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10574236/

I started watching because I enjoyed the book and Mackenzie Davis has been in good things (Halt and Catch Fire, Black Mirror). Only the first 3 episodes are available in the UK and they have been quite slow and bitty. But that is understandable set-up and I understand that it gets better.
    It doesn't speed up much, but things come together in the end. I really like it but you'll have to be on board with the somewhat artsy-fartsy vibe to enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Mackenzie Davis has been in good things (Halt and Catch Fire, Black Mirror)
    also terminator dark fate

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    First half good, second half meh.

Spoiler:
    Boba all of 5 seconds. Also fuck Luke for pulling ultimatums out of his ass.

This episode just reinforces my belief that they are squeezing in mando S3 footage to buy time to re-edit the mess that is BoBF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn
    Nope.

user was banned for this lock

Peacemaker truly managed to surprise me. I mean, i knew they were trying to be edgy, but showing full-on labia in e3 was a bold choice.

It's nothing special, but fun enough otherwise.

Anyone been brave enough to watch ep1,2 season 2 of Raised by Wolves? Still as terrible as season 1?

Reacher enjoyable a couple of episodes in.
    Last edited by Redmoore; February 4 2022 at 07:13:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    DS9 still is great. There's so many brilliant episodes. Duet is my favourite.
    DS9 is by far the best Babylon 5 rip-off ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post

Spoiler:
    He's just looking like a blue alien and has adopted the name Cad Bane now ba-dum-tish. CGI Luke looked very impressive, a real step up from the Mando s2 finale. Star Wars is probably the worst possible IP to be given fully operational CGI actors though.

edit:

Here is the cast of characters for the glorious seven showdown to come next episode
    1. boba
    2. fennec
    3. the angry wookie
    4. mando
    5. cobb and the cobbites
    6. the scooter gang
    7. the raging rancor

plus featuring special guest grogu
    We did? Where? I thought the ep had a very strange feeling to it overall. Probably the intermix of both shows. Mando part good and CGI Luke was good enough. The fan service of his Yoda running scene annoyed me a bit tho, too on the nose.
    And I hope the scooter gang gets slaughtered in the most horrifying way possible, preferably as soon as the battle starst (IF we even get one that is).

Live fake edit: Ooooh ho ho ho, nooow see it. Well played.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Anyone been brave enough to watch ep1,2 season 2 of Raised by Wolves? Still as terrible as season 1?
    ohwat second season is already out? first was all over the place but okay-ish imho ty for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by iLOL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    ohwat second season is already out? first was all over the place but okay-ish imho ty for the heads up.
    I have always wondered who could think that and give the show it's score on imdb, now I know.

Raised by Wolves feels like watching some weird cult biblical fanfiction. Like L. Ron Hubbard meets Joseph Smith. I was worried i would be lost since i couldnt sit through S1, but if you assume everything is some fever-dream allegory for the Book of Genesis, it's easy enough to find you way back.

Doesnt actually make me want to watch it though.

e: Speaking of shows that surprisingly got a second season, Resident Alien is back. Moderately funny, and Tudyk is good as always.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 6 2022 at 12:42:34 AM.

Nothing about it was even remotely appealing, the fact it has a second season is depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Nothing about it was even remotely appealing, the fact it has a second season is depressing.
    Wtached ep s2, complete new take. I do feel USA little kid drama up tho.

Yes yes i was le bored.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

finally got around to Ozark S4, so far I am very uncomfortable all the time. Good shit.

Peacemaker is fantastic! Make sure to not miss the post credit scene(s).