hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 441 of 463 FirstFirst ... 341391431438439440441442443444451 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,820 of 9248

Thread: The TV Thread

I do agree with how mr. bör so eloquently described the season ending to be honest, I would also have been happy with this as the end of the storyline

Arcane is the biggest surprise of the year for me. It has no bussines being this good, yet here it is. Wtf.
    Last edited by rufuske; November 23 2021 at 05:23:19 PM.

Agree, Arcane is so good. The writing and voice acting puts some of the writing and acting of tentpole TV shows to shame. The animation style also fits so well.

Look at these fuckin weebs

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Agree, Arcane is so good. The writing and voice acting puts some of the writing and acting of tentpole TV shows to shame. The animation style also fits so well.
    Writing especially. In a show about LoL. What in the actual fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    I finished watching the first episode of the Wheel of Time. So many problems. The adaption itself from book to show is fucked, regardless of the questionable casting and costume choices.

We have a scene that opens with Egwene getting her hair braided, then she gets tossed into a river and nothing afterwards refers to the river-tossing. Okay? Then Moiraine, who has never met Egwene before and doesn't know her, goes to her and has a Serious Conversation in a barn (?) that's a standard boilerplate 'you're of age now, you can handle the responsibility'. Thanks, I guess.

Moving on, we have a festival in town that lasts for all of one minute, before some guy gets an arrow to the chest. Some girl that Perrin really likes dies in the ensuing fight. I don't remember her name. We know he likes her a lot because the show tells us he does, and he looks really sad when she's dead. There was a lot of blood too.

The actual battle with Lan, Moiraine, and the trollocs was satisfactory. I would nitpick more here about Moiraine in the fight if the rest of the show was better.

Moiraine then goes to the three boys and tells them they have to leave town and go to the White Tower. How long have they known her at that point? One day? I forget. Does this entire episode happen in one day? Possibly, I can't say since I got distracted when watching. Anyway, the boys say fine and off they go.

It's like if Harry Potter was already at Hogwarts ten minutes in.

Now, casting.

I was excited for Rosamund Pike, but I was surprised to see that she looks bland here. I think it's a combination of poor makeup and uninteresting script.

Everyone here seems ugly or bland for premium TV too. In LA-speak, some people have the look for movies and some people have the look for TV. Well, most of these people have the look for a Old Navy commercial.

I don't know how long I can look at Rand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Watched the WoT episodes, honestly if i hadnt read any books i would think it's okay C tier TV.

Rosamund Pike is completely wasted on that wooden exposition machine, and the FX of the "one power" are dogshit, but overall they are doing okay with what they were given. The biggest question i have is "where the fuck did all that production budget go?". They are certainly not spending it on decent actors.

If you put a grey filter over a Xena episode, it wouldnt look much different.
    I hate how right you are. This is, quite honestly terrible and this story deserves better. Also, how many off-angle (and too far away) drone shots can one do? A whole fuckin lot apparently!!!
    And I swear that in one of the riding scenes the horses are not even on the ground (at least thats how it looked).
    The environments are just random woods, its like they found a fairly unused hiker trail and said "this will do", it all looks so static and unprepared. And speaking of filters then, I think that is what is, partly, missing actually. They havent used any fucking filters to smooth anything out.

Worlds most expensive series...well somebody got paid thats for sure but it sure as fuck wasnt the right people!

As a co-worker of mine said "its lunch-tv quality". I feel sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Hawkeye first episodes are fun, but damn if Renner doesnt have an "I'm too old for this shit" vibe going on. Guess it's as it should be, since it will with 99% certainty end with a passing of the mantle.

Come to think of it, I bet I could find a bunch of Lethal Weapon parallels.

Anyways, Hailee Whatsherface is good, one might even say carrying, and they lifted a bunch of good stuff from the Fraction/Aja run (one of the few comic runs ive read all the way through and would recommend), so I think it'll be decent.

Hawkeye first episodes are fun, but damn if Renner doesnt have an "I'm too old for this shit" vibe going on. Guess it's as it should be, since it will with 99% certainty end with a passing of the mantle.

Come to think of it, I bet I could find a bunch of Lethal Weapon parallels.

Anyways, Hailee Whatsherface is good, one might even say carrying, and they lifted a bunch of good stuff from the Fraction/Aja run (one of the few comic runs ive read all the way through and would recommend), so I think it'll be decent.
    Watch Renner in Mayor of Kingstown

Bloodlands , irish cop 4 part series. Is ok if you really need a cop drama to watch.

Reservation Dogs is good Taika Waititi drama with his usual sense of humor. Worth a watch.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/the-whe...qa-1234879517/

One of the company’s newest hopefuls in the arena is Mass Effect. Amazon Studios is nearing a deal to develop a series based on the best-selling sci-fi video game franchise from Electronic Arts.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Would be an easier convert to TV than a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    Would be an easier convert to TV than a lot of games.
    They will still find a way to fuck it up.

I actually want to see that trainwreck because the franchise is firmly in the EA graveyard anyway.
    Last edited by RazoR; November 25 2021 at 08:58:01 AM.

Watched the WoT episodes, honestly if i hadnt read any books i would think it's okay C tier TV.

Rosamund Pike is completely wasted on that wooden exposition machine, and the FX of the "one power" are dogshit, but overall they are doing okay with what they were given. The biggest question i have is "where the fuck did all that production budget go?". They are certainly not spending it on decent actors.

I'm not into fanatsy books any longer, so I haven't read any GoT or WoT books before watching the shows. But yes, GoT looked better right from the start and the characters had more depth to them already in the first 3 eposides. Let's see how it develops. It might not become the smash hit like GoT, but if it provides for nice popcorn-TV, which for me the first episodes were, I'm OK with that.

The Great season 2 is out, and it is, well..simply great!
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    The Great season 2 is out, and it is, well..simply great!
    huzzah huzzah hu-fucking-zah indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

I'm not into fanatsy books any longer, so I haven't read any GoT or WoT books before watching the shows. But yes, GoT looked better right from the start and the characters had more depth to them already in the first 3 eposides. Let's see how it develops. It might not become the smash hit like GoT, but if it provides for nice popcorn-TV, which for me the first episodes were, I'm OK with that.
    GoT also had some charismatic lead actors instead of the cardbord like blandness we get from Amazon. The "Dragon" looks and acts like someone ordered Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker on wish and his friends aren't any better.

Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    The "Dragon" looks and acts like someone ordered Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker on wish
    Dude. To cruel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Constantinus View Post
    The "Dragon" looks and acts like someone ordered Hayden Christensen's Anakin Skywalker on wish
    Dude. To cruel.
    But fair. Christensen's portrayal of Anakin was way more charismatic than whatever this is.

That said, they are actually true to the book. (Jordan was terrible at the actual writing part)

A lot of development happened through internal monologue, the conversations were at times painfully dumb.

So I guess the show is true to the material, at least?

WOT sucks ass and i feel for Rosamunde Pike. Just watch her in State of the Union and you can see how good she really is.

About foundation, i'm still torn. The scifi element is good but the story and characters have big holes.

The good thing Witcher season 2 coming December and sometimes in early 2022 we get Westworld season 5
    Last edited by Jori McKie; November 26 2021 at 06:13:11 PM.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?