hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 311 of 358 FirstFirst ... 211261301308309310311312313314321 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 7152

Thread: The TV Thread

I wasn't completely sold on Lucifer at first - fun enough show but still pretty silly, and then the 6 showed up.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    I wasn't completely sold on Lucifer at first - fun enough show but still pretty silly, and then the 6 showed up.
    I rather liked the first two seasons, and A Priest walks into a Bar ist one of the best pieces of television ever, but season 3 took a serious nosedive.

Also, over time the character development per episode that then gets reset for the next one becomes really grating.

good week this weak

with new season of Bosch and The expanse

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    2 episodes into The Terror and it's good shit. Book is good too, had no idea a series was being made.
    There's tons of intersting books-into-TV-series projects out there, some of which I already have forgotten*). The latest one: Asimov's Foundation for Apple TV. Surprisingly enough, most of them are/were really good, IMHO.

*) Yeah, shame on me, I actually should create a list to track 'em
    Wouldn't touch Apple TV with a bargepole but that only matters for however long it takes my ex housemate to DL it and throw it on his Plex server! Maybe you should do a list (and post it here so I can read it lol)
    Me too, and I extent that to anything Apple.

But my hope is that a) it'll be decent, because with Disney also entering the streaming market and Netflix et al have proven that original high quality content is the way to good earnings, Apple can't afford make a shit show with such an iconic property. And b) that sooner or later it will be licensed to a streaming service available to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    A Priest walks into a Bar ist one of the best pieces of television ever
    r u even srs

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    And b) that sooner or later it will be licensed to a streaming service available to me.
    Probably later if ever. I'm extremely pissed off with the current fragmentation of the streaming video market. We were promised "the Spotify of TV/movies" and the reality is shrinking streaming libraries due to licensing nonsense which is only hurting consumers and thus increasing piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    And b) that sooner or later it will be licensed to a streaming service available to me.
    Probably later if ever. I'm extremely pissed off with the current fragmentation of the streaming video market. We were promised "the Spotify of TV/movies" and the reality is shrinking streaming libraries due to licensing nonsense which is only hurting consumers and thus increasing piracy.
    Piracy is still the best option, all the content immediately.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    And no content in the future as there isn't any money to be made from the content. A good vpn provider with large ip pools is the best option, sometimes netflix bans a few ip's, just get a new one from the pool...

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    And no content in the future as there isn't any money to be made from the content. A good vpn provider with large ip pools is the best option, sometimes netflix bans a few ip's, just get a new one from the pool...
    Yes and subscription to abiut 5 different services if you want to watch everything.

It's a bit shit tbh.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

With the exception of Netflix (and perhaps Amazon), the streaming business that's also a content production, is currently in the very early stages.

Most of what we've got as streaming service are a) just offer stuff they licensed or b) traditional content producers/distributors that now offer their products also as a streaming service. We'll see a spike of "Me too" for a couple years (CBS ...), but I'm sure the market will consolidate. Very few will succeed (my bet's on Disney). I don't see CBS having any success with their service. A few selected exclusives (Star Trek) will [i]not[&i] convince enough people to subscribe for this and lots of other annoying stuff bundled with it, to make it sustainable.

That's my hope at least...

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Yes and subscription to abiut 5 different services if you want to watch everything.
    Well, that I can cope with. I didn't get to watch everything "back in the TV era", so I'm fine with missing a few things here and there. I'm currently subscribed to Netflix and Amazon Video (through Prime) and to be honest: even thos two put out more new content per month that seems interesting to me than I can watch. My watchlists on both services keeps growing and growing. I don't feel like I'm missing anything.
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; April 14 2018 at 12:09:00 PM. Reason: Expanded response

We are well into the consolidation stage already. Thats what the move from Netflix to Hulu of so many shows is about.

Netflix is desperately trying to survive on original content, which i dont see happening. Amazon has the leg up on existing users from Prime, so there will probably be a sizeable on-demand catalogue for the forseeable future. Starz has like 3 good shows and a lot of shit. HBO is premium money for premium content, so its got its own niche but once youve picked from the catalogue what you like, you may be better off with on-demand as well.

Hulu is either an honest "me too" effort, or an attempt to drive out the competition and then have streaming wither on the vine through excessively complex and expensive package deals. Cant really tell yet.

Whatever, ill sail the high seas until region locks, staggered release shedules and forced dubs are a thing of the past.

e: almost forgot why i opened the thread. Expanse season opener is gud. Holden guy may have taken some acting lessons, cant tell yet.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; April 14 2018 at 07:05:54 PM.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Disney pulling their stuff off of other services and starting their own is the biggest non-consolidation in recent years, and we're in a consolidation stage? Don't forget they own Marvel and Star Wars too these days. That's a lot of content other services are losing once existing licensing deals run out.

Disney pulling their stuff off of other services and starting their own is the biggest non-consolidation in recent years, and we're in a consolidation stage? Don't forget they own Marvel and Star Wars too these days. That's a lot of content other services are losing once existing licensing deals run out.
    How long till Disney buys Star Trek (or whomever owns Star Trek these days) to finish their collection of franchises?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

All autism aside löst in space is a Scifi adventure thing that's rather watchable

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    All autism aside löst in space is a Scifi adventure thing that's rather watchable
    it is, but they are pushing the antagonist way to hard. Its kinda annoying.

classic 'cream of humanity, dumb as fuck' scenes. looking forward to the 'all robinsons die in a black hole' finale.

Was going to watch a movie or something tonight. Check out Netflix...

Chef's Table Season 4 is out!

Only 4 episodes...but still!

The new Fargo is fantastic and no Netflix now. High production quality, excellent acting and writing, had me hooked for a proper binge watching.

edit: oh gee, this isn't new at all. How didn't I know about this until now. Guess I shoulda had cable.
    Last edited by Frug; April 16 2018 at 01:26:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    The new Fargo is fantastic and no Netflix now. High production quality, excellent acting and writing, had me hooked for a proper binge watching.

edit: oh gee, this isn't new at all. How didn't I know about this until now. Guess I shoulda had cable.
    Yeah. They're on the third season I believe.

I don't think Netflix has the latest season though.

P. gud show though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    classic 'cream of humanity, dumb as fuck' scenes. looking forward to the 'all robinsons die in a black hole' finale.
    Also featuring heaps of bad child acting.

Really took a nosedive towards the end welp