hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 306 of 323 FirstFirst ... 206256296303304305306307308309316 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,120 of 6450

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #6101

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Just signed up for Netflicks.

    Yeah yeah, I know.

    What would yall recommend as top 5 must watch on there?
    In no particular order.

    Documentary:
    Nobody Speak
    Mars (mixed fictional & documentary)

    (Added) Last Chance U (I found this one to be heartbreaking, seeing how some of those kids ruin their future lifes)

    Series:
    Marvel's Jessica Jones
    The Expanse
    Ascension
    Travellers
    Altered Carbon

    Movies
    Bright (I'm pretty sure this will stir controversy here. And I wouldn't tag it as must see, but I pretty much enjoyed it)

    (Added 2)
    I find myself cursing (in a positive sense) at Netflix a lot, because they keep adding good (for me) content faster than I can consume it. My watchlist grows and grows. By just browsing all the things Netflix presented on the main screen (i.e. without diving deeper into the categories) right after I signed up, I've already collected a good half year's worth of content (for my viewing habits) for my watchlist.
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; March 8 2018 at 04:30:32 PM.

  2. #6102
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,180
    Anihilation is apparently brilliant. I'll watch it and report.

  3. #6103
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,695
    Jessica Jones season 2 is out today.

    Going to give a it a watch this evening

  4. #6104
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Does this mean that they'll be remaking Babylon 5 in 20 years?
    What an example to choose... a remake would actually have some chance of improving certain matters, sacrilege non-withstanding.
    What would you improve? Not claiming its a perfect series obviously.. but it was driven to be great by the performances of people like Andreas Katsulas, Peter Jurasik, Stephen Furst, etc. The storylines and writing weren't too bad for the first 4 series either.

    Especially when you then think about the utter shit that followed like Crusade and rangers film etc.
    It was really cringe-worthy at times, as in barely watchable. Which was a shame as a lot of other things about it were brilliant.

  5. #6105
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,412
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Jessica Jones season 2 is out today.

    Going to give a it a watch this evening
    First series was good, hopefully they dont go full retard

  6. #6106

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    6,087
    Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Jessica Jones season 2 is out today.

    Going to give a it a watch this evening
    First series was good, hopefully they dont go full retard
    The first season was mostly good because of Killgrave. Superhero stuff mostly rises or falls because of the villain. Anonymous ninjas from the hand? pass, a truly insane joker? count me in.

  7. #6107

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,589
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Does this mean that they'll be remaking Babylon 5 in 20 years?
    What an example to choose... a remake would actually have some chance of improving certain matters, sacrilege non-withstanding.
    My reference to the connection between Lost in Space and Babylon 5 seems to have gone over your head

  8. #6108
    Movember 2012 Steve the Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    806
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Does this mean that they'll be remaking Babylon 5 in 20 years?
    What an example to choose... a remake would actually have some chance of improving certain matters, sacrilege non-withstanding.
    My reference to the connection between Lost in Space and Babylon 5 seems to have gone over your head
    Danger, Danger, Will Robinson!
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

  9. #6109

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Jessica Jones season 2 is out today.

    Going to give a it a watch this evening
    that shameless #metoo cash-in right in the first couple of episodes lol

  10. #6110

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Just signed up for Netflicks.

    Yeah yeah, I know.

    What would yall recommend as top 5 must watch on there?
    In no particular order.

    Documentary:
    Nobody Speak
    Mars (mixed fictional & documentary)

    (Added) Last Chance U (I found this one to be heartbreaking, seeing how some of those kids ruin their future lifes)

    Series:
    Marvel's Jessica Jones
    The Expanse
    Ascension
    Travellers
    Altered Carbon

    Movies
    Bright (I'm pretty sure this will stir controversy here. And I wouldn't tag it as must see, but I pretty much enjoyed it)

    (Added 2)
    I find myself cursing (in a positive sense) at Netflix a lot, because they keep adding good (for me) content faster than I can consume it. My watchlist grows and grows. By just browsing all the things Netflix presented on the main screen (i.e. without diving deeper into the categories) right after I signed up, I've already collected a good half year's worth of content (for my viewing habits) for my watchlist.
    And I really need to add Black Mirror to my list. Be aware though that it's a very well done depressing/dystopian series.

  11. #6111
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,891
    Season 2 of Atlanta is amazing
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  12. #6112
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    8,021
    that magic folding armour that joey from friends had in lost in space was sick lads

  13. #6113
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,924
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    that magic folding armour that joey from friends had in lost in space was sick lads
    It extended out of the gun he found didn't it? That bit was very cool...


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  14. #6114
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Does this mean that they'll be remaking Babylon 5 in 20 years?
    What an example to choose... a remake would actually have some chance of improving certain matters, sacrilege non-withstanding.
    My reference to the connection between Lost in Space and Babylon 5 seems to have gone over your head
    It did, never watched Lost in Space.

  15. #6115
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,059
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Has one of you seen Counterpart and would like to offer an opinion?
    Watched the pilot episode, does seem pretty good.

    Trailer:

    Last edited by GeromeDoutrande; March 11 2018 at 04:46:01 PM.

  16. #6116
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Jessica Jones season 2 is out today.

    Going to give a it a watch this evening
    Its...different. I'm having trouble seeing where the story is going, or if there is a story? Its still quite good but...yeah. Lets see how it ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  17. #6117
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,695
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Jessica Jones season 2 is out today.

    Going to give a it a watch this evening
    Its...different. I'm having trouble seeing where the story is going, or if there is a story? Its still quite good but...yeah. Lets see how it ends.
    I liked it.

    Very slow start but it got better with every episode. It misses David Tennent as a villan, but does not suffer from the usual crappy final few episodes that most of the marvel netflix series tend to have.

  18. #6118
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,891
    Seemed like a backstory season innit
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  19. #6119

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    4,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Seemed like a backstory season innit
    Without having seen a single second myself yet: yeah, that's what I read it's supposed to be.

  20. #6120
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,928
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Jessica Jones season 2 is out today.

    Going to give a it a watch this evening
    Its...different. I'm having trouble seeing where the story is going, or if there is a story? Its still quite good but...yeah. Lets see how it ends.
    I liked it.

    Very slow start but it got better with every episode. It misses David Tennent as a villan, but does not suffer from the usual crappy final few episodes that most of the marvel netflix series tend to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Seemed like a backstory season innit
    Agreed on both accounts. I blame me being really tired and hungover last night.
    That flashback of Trish was a good laugh/cringe. Over the top done sure but still nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •