hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 283 of 289 FirstFirst ... 183233273280281282283284285286 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 5780

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #5641
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,766
    Same here. I was anticipating watching the pilot (out of a sense of duty obviously) and then coming here for a nice little rant, but nooo.

    It's actually not bad so far. Definitely not what I had expected.

  2. #5642
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,566
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Same here. I was anticipating watching the pilot (out of a sense of duty obviously) and then coming here for a nice little rant, but nooo.

    It's actually not bad so far. Definitely not what I had expected.
    The preview of the season has me a bit on the fence.
    Double pilot was really good for a Star Trek, but it was only a introduction for the main characters.

    What I fear is the show going back to normal ST whit individual episodes that occasionally visits the main story line.

  3. #5643
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,523
    I liked it. It's no TNG, but it certainly isn't as bad as enterprise.

    Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  4. #5644
    halka's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19, 2011
    Location
    SVK
    Posts
    1,939
    Liked the first ep a lot; but the second is beginning to slide the setting into questionable territory, especially considering the teaser at the end - may be way too shooty for the diehard trekkie. We'll see.
    All expressed opinions match those of my employers, hail satan

  5. #5645

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    5,741
    Boring and uninteresting, the characters didn't pull in and the plot was terribad...

  6. #5646
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,197
    Have just d8scovered House of Cards. Why has noone told me about this before?


  7. #5647
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Have just d8scovered House of Cards. Why has noone told me about this before?
    because it goes to shit meh in 3rd season

  8. #5648

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Have just d8scovered House of Cards. Why has noone told me about this before?
    Because Kevin Spacey is just too evil and we should all be spared such vileness.

  9. #5649
    Movember 2012 ElweSingollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,676
    Quote Originally Posted by halka View Post
    Liked the first ep a lot; but the second is beginning to slide the setting into questionable territory, especially considering the teaser at the end - may be way too shooty for the diehard trekkie. We'll see.
    Thought the ep's were surprisingly not terrible so going to keep watching to see where it goes.

  10. #5650
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Ozark on Netflix is pretty decent - also The Deuce on HBO is kinda likable, nice to see all the old The Wire actors
    The world is against me, it wouldn't be fair otherwise"

  11. #5651
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,462
    Quote Originally Posted by Snottus View Post
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but Ozark on Netflix is pretty decent - also The Deuce on HBO is kinda likable, nice to see all the old The Wire actors
    yep

    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    intredasting

    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/

    will check out
    is indeed bretty gud
    just ramped up from 8/10 to 9/10

  12. #5652
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,099
    cormorant strike with tom burke (iplayer) is pretty neato. ex military police turns PI on the london streets etc, fit receptionist.

  13. #5653
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    1,766
    I don't recall reading about it here, but "The Good Place" season 2 is back on, so far as good as the first one.

  14. #5654

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Have just d8scovered House of Cards. Why has noone told me about this before?
    Because you never look at this thread?

    Also: you may say that the original British version is better, I couldn't possibly comment.

  15. #5655
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Have just d8scovered House of Cards. Why has noone told me about this before?
    Have you been living under a rock?

  16. #5656
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    cormorant strike with tom burke (iplayer) is pretty neato. ex military police turns PI on the london streets etc, fit receptionist.
    I really liked it, nice to see Rowling do something different. Only problem I have with it is that there isn't enough

  17. #5657
    Larkonis Trassler's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    FEARLESS.
    Posts
    11,197
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Have just d8scovered House of Cards. Why has noone told me about this before?
    Have you been living under a rock?
    Worse, Cumbria.


  18. #5658
    Djan Seriy Anaplian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    London (Silphe ingame)
    Posts
    2,825
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    Have just d8scovered House of Cards. Why has noone told me about this before?
    Have you been living under a rock?
    Worse, Cumbria.
    My condolences.

  19. #5659
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    4,566
    Amazon is really taking up the competition with Netflix.
    Expanding their new sci-fi portfolio with 3 new shows.

    Lazarus, Snow Crash, and Ringworld

  20. #5660

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    9,029
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Amazon is really taking up the competition with Netflix.
    Expanding their new sci-fi portfolio with 3 new shows.

    Lazarus, Snow Crash, and Ringworld
    SNOW CRASH?!

    Holy shit.

    So netflix are making Altered Carbon and amazon Snow Crash... Now I just need someone with more money than sense to pick up Chasm City and its universe and its all my favourite sci-fi stuff being made.

    While I'm happy I'm also downright terrified tbh.

    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •