hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 283 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ampoliros View Post
    my fiancee is quite excited about the new aaron sorkin (west wing, et al) show starting on HBO in a couple weeks, The Newsroom. Slight negatives may include Olivia Munn, but everything else looks pretty good.
    Thanks for sharing this looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    I'm only going to say this once, but 'Allo 'Allo is a classic. You can't go wrong with any programme that involves The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by van Klomp being hidden inside a knackwurst sausage.
    That's one of my favourites.

And if you're interested in WWII documentaries I'll also recommend Hogan's Heroes.

the only allo allo ep i remember is the one with a hitler double acting all snobbish and the hauptmänner asking behind his back "who does he think he is.... hitler?"
    also, "good moaning" obv

Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    I'm only going to say this once, but 'Allo 'Allo is a classic. You can't go wrong with any programme that involves The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by van Klomp being hidden inside a knackwurst sausage.

And if you're interested in WWII documentaries I'll also recommend Hogan's Heroes.
    lol
    Rewatching first season chuck for light entertainment.... oh god shes so hot

Quote Originally Posted by Chrien View Post

lol
    chuck was so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post

lol
    the last season of chuck was so bad.
    FYP

Falling skies starts again this weekend. Discuss here or a new thread?

I thought falling skies was cancelled... I told my brother that it was :S (I saw the first episode and it was so bad I assumed it was a goner).
    And I haven't watched past season 3.5 of Chuck so it was pretty solid until then afaik.

Moderator Moderator F*** My Aunt Rita's Avatar
    Whereever particular mexicans congregate.
    Girls is bad.

Streaming the footy in german because our tv reception goes to shit when it's windy.

Glad I'm not working there tonight because we're pissing the game away right now.

With Game of thrones and Magic city ended is there anything good coming up in the near future other than breaking bad , hell on wheels(aug) and boss(aug)?
    Will reveloution be any good , looks a bit to much like tera nova did .. a soap

Was having a look through the eztv renewed/new list and really didnt look like much. Pretty much was a list of reasons why I dont watch TV.

IS there any thing new coming from UK? QI is good news thats one of my favorite programs. Is there going to be a new season of misfits? Or any of the excellent mini series that Brits seem to do so well like Black mirror, dead set etc (only hbo comes close in the US and they just add more tits)

http://www.reghardware.com/2012/06/1...rge_bush_head/

HBO has been forced to issue an apology after Game of Thrones' creators admitted a decapitated head - spotted in a scene at the end of the first series of the fantasy show - was actually a replica of ex-president George W Bush. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    With Game of thrones and Magic city ended is there anything good coming up in the near future other than breaking bad , hell on wheels(aug) and boss(aug)?
    Will reveloution be any good , looks a bit to much like tera nova did .. a soap

Was having a look through the eztv renewed/new list and really didnt look like much. Pretty much was a list of reasons why I dont watch TV.

IS there any thing new coming from UK? QI is good news thats one of my favorite programs. Is there going to be a new season of misfits? Or any of the excellent mini series that Brits seem to do so well like Black mirror, dead set etc (only hbo comes close in the US and they just add more tits)
    I really don't get posts like this. We live in a golden age of TV (especially if you like comedies).
    Louie, Wilfred and Futurama are returning, Workaholics just started its 3. season. Next month we get "The News Room" which should be pretty interesting, there is Bunheads if you Amy Sherman Palladino shows, True Blood if you like super campy vampire fun (also: Jessica). Then ofc on July 15th Political Animals with Sigourney Weaver and Carla Gugino starts.

There is a ton of great shows and this is during the summer...

The legend of Korra (Nickolodeon) For those that saw The Last Airbender (Cartoon) this is basically a continuation it's already into episode 9.

For those that didn't see first series It's fucking awesome.
    I'm not some sort of animefag at all either but the plot line dialogue character development everything is worthy of any adult show.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandslinger View Post
    The legend of Korra (Nickolodeon) For those that saw The Last Airbender (Cartoon) this is basically a continuation it's already into episode 9.

For those that didn't see first series It's fucking awesome.
    I'm not some sort of animefag at all either but the plot line dialogue character development everything is worthy of any adult show.
    This, so very much this.

Although, the Korra series isn't anywhere near as epic as the first one IMO.

bitches love my mad sed skills Donor tekai's Avatar
    Airbender was great, Legend of Korra sucks imho

uuhh look at me I'm über & soo naive.
    17:42 <QuackBot> Tekai, i have to say that you have autism.

I thought falling skies was cancelled... I told my brother that it was :S (I saw the first episode and it was so bad I assumed it was a goner).
    And I haven't watched past season 3.5 of Chuck so it was pretty solid until then afaik.
    you're probably confused with Terra Nova, Spielberg was an executive producer on both, and (IMO) both were shows with a promising setting but just a little too much daddy issues and boring characters

edit: but of course i will watch Falling Skies anyway, because i never stop watching a TV show i started
    (well, i think i skipped half the episodes of Earth Final Conflict season 5, but it doesnt get any worse than that)
    Last edited by Funkert; June 15 2012 at 11:17:34 AM.

I got hooked on New Girl. Marathoned 1st season. Good lols.

Quote Originally Posted by Diicc Tater View Post
    I got hooked on New Girl. Marathoned 1st season. Good lols.
    Schmitt is the best thing that happened to television in a long time. Also it doesn't hurt that Zooey Deschanel is really easy on the eyes.

bitches love my mad sed skills Donor tekai's Avatar
    Burn Notice season 6 started, the usual.
    17:42 <QuackBot> Tekai, i have to say that you have autism.

I'm giving True Blood a temporary second chance because of Christopher Meloni, but the show will still be kinda silly. You can have vampires and werewolves in something and maintain a sense of menace, but this show IMO has failed to cultivate that. With all the drama it may as well be Twilight.

The real thing to be watching on HBO now is Veep. Holy hell is that one funny.

edit: I did start to get drawn back in to True Blood by the end of the newest episode.
    Last edited by Dirk Magnum; June 18 2012 at 01:54:54 AM.