hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 283 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 5657

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #21
    Matharos's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17, 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    128
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampoliros View Post
    my fiancee is quite excited about the new aaron sorkin (west wing, et al) show starting on HBO in a couple weeks, The Newsroom. Slight negatives may include Olivia Munn, but everything else looks pretty good.
    Thanks for sharing this looks great!

  2. #22
    Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Location
    The land down under.
    Posts
    7,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    I'm only going to say this once, but 'Allo 'Allo is a classic. You can't go wrong with any programme that involves The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by van Klomp being hidden inside a knackwurst sausage.
    That's one of my favourites.

    And if you're interested in WWII documentaries I'll also recommend Hogan's Heroes.

  3. #23
    RoemySchneider's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    3,092
    the only allo allo ep i remember is the one with a hitler double acting all snobbish and the hauptmänner asking behind his back "who does he think he is.... hitler?"
    also, "good moaning" obv

  4. #24

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,018
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    I'm only going to say this once, but 'Allo 'Allo is a classic. You can't go wrong with any programme that involves The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by van Klomp being hidden inside a knackwurst sausage.
    That's one of my favourites.

    And if you're interested in WWII documentaries I'll also recommend Hogan's Heroes.
    lol
    Rewatching first season chuck for light entertainment.... oh god shes so hot

  5. #25
    pratell's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    North Dakka
    Posts
    3,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    I'm only going to say this once, but 'Allo 'Allo is a classic. You can't go wrong with any programme that involves The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by van Klomp being hidden inside a knackwurst sausage.
    That's one of my favourites.

    And if you're interested in WWII documentaries I'll also recommend Hogan's Heroes.
    lol
    Rewatching first season chuck for light entertainment.... oh god shes so hot
    chuck was so bad.
    Image

  6. #26
    Kanv's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,922
    Quote Originally Posted by pratell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrien View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Me View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    I'm only going to say this once, but 'Allo 'Allo is a classic. You can't go wrong with any programme that involves The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by van Klomp being hidden inside a knackwurst sausage.
    That's one of my favourites.

    And if you're interested in WWII documentaries I'll also recommend Hogan's Heroes.
    lol
    Rewatching first season chuck for light entertainment.... oh god shes so hot
    the last season of chuck was so bad.
    FYP

    Falling skies starts again this weekend. Discuss here or a new thread?

  7. #27

    Join Date
    May 30, 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    2,018
    I thought falling skies was cancelled... I told my brother that it was :S (I saw the first episode and it was so bad I assumed it was a goner).
    And I haven't watched past season 3.5 of Chuck so it was pretty solid until then afaik.

  8. #28
    Moderator Moderator F*** My Aunt Rita's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Whereever particular mexicans congregate.
    Posts
    3,026
    Girls is bad.

  9. #29
    Tools's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    840
    Streaming the footy in german because our tv reception goes to shit when it's windy.

    Glad I'm not working there tonight because we're pissing the game away right now.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    484
    With Game of thrones and Magic city ended is there anything good coming up in the near future other than breaking bad , hell on wheels(aug) and boss(aug)?
    Will reveloution be any good , looks a bit to much like tera nova did .. a soap

    Was having a look through the eztv renewed/new list and really didnt look like much. Pretty much was a list of reasons why I dont watch TV.

    IS there any thing new coming from UK? QI is good news thats one of my favorite programs. Is there going to be a new season of misfits? Or any of the excellent mini series that Brits seem to do so well like Black mirror, dead set etc (only hbo comes close in the US and they just add more tits)

  11. #31

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,019
    http://www.reghardware.com/2012/06/1...rge_bush_head/

    HBO has been forced to issue an apology after Game of Thrones' creators admitted a decapitated head - spotted in a scene at the end of the first series of the fantasy show - was actually a replica of ex-president George W Bush. Oops.

  12. #32

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    With Game of thrones and Magic city ended is there anything good coming up in the near future other than breaking bad , hell on wheels(aug) and boss(aug)?
    Will reveloution be any good , looks a bit to much like tera nova did .. a soap

    Was having a look through the eztv renewed/new list and really didnt look like much. Pretty much was a list of reasons why I dont watch TV.

    IS there any thing new coming from UK? QI is good news thats one of my favorite programs. Is there going to be a new season of misfits? Or any of the excellent mini series that Brits seem to do so well like Black mirror, dead set etc (only hbo comes close in the US and they just add more tits)
    I really don't get posts like this. We live in a golden age of TV (especially if you like comedies).
    Louie, Wilfred and Futurama are returning, Workaholics just started its 3. season. Next month we get "The News Room" which should be pretty interesting, there is Bunheads if you Amy Sherman Palladino shows, True Blood if you like super campy vampire fun (also: Jessica). Then ofc on July 15th Political Animals with Sigourney Weaver and Carla Gugino starts.

    There is a ton of great shows and this is during the summer...

  13. #33

    Join Date
    July 26, 2011
    Posts
    301
    The legend of Korra (Nickolodeon) For those that saw The Last Airbender (Cartoon) this is basically a continuation it's already into episode 9.

    For those that didn't see first series It's fucking awesome.
    I'm not some sort of animefag at all either but the plot line dialogue character development everything is worthy of any adult show.

  14. #34
    Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2,986
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandslinger View Post
    The legend of Korra (Nickolodeon) For those that saw The Last Airbender (Cartoon) this is basically a continuation it's already into episode 9.

    For those that didn't see first series It's fucking awesome.
    I'm not some sort of animefag at all either but the plot line dialogue character development everything is worthy of any adult show.
    This, so very much this.

    Although, the Korra series isn't anywhere near as epic as the first one IMO.

  15. #35
    bitches love my mad sed skills Donor tekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Hampurissa
    Posts
    2,060
    Airbender was great, Legend of Korra sucks imho

    uuhh look at me I'm über & soo naive.
    17:42 <QuackBot> Tekai, i have to say that you have autism.

  16. #36
    Funkert's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Unsub Kapelle
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrien View Post
    I thought falling skies was cancelled... I told my brother that it was :S (I saw the first episode and it was so bad I assumed it was a goner).
    And I haven't watched past season 3.5 of Chuck so it was pretty solid until then afaik.
    you're probably confused with Terra Nova, Spielberg was an executive producer on both, and (IMO) both were shows with a promising setting but just a little too much daddy issues and boring characters

    edit: but of course i will watch Falling Skies anyway, because i never stop watching a TV show i started
    (well, i think i skipped half the episodes of Earth Final Conflict season 5, but it doesnt get any worse than that)
    Last edited by Funkert; June 15 2012 at 11:17:34 AM.

  17. #37
    Diicc Tater's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,167
    I got hooked on New Girl. Marathoned 1st season. Good lols.

  18. #38

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    561
    Quote Originally Posted by Diicc Tater View Post
    I got hooked on New Girl. Marathoned 1st season. Good lols.
    Schmitt is the best thing that happened to television in a long time. Also it doesn't hurt that Zooey Deschanel is really easy on the eyes.

  19. #39
    bitches love my mad sed skills Donor tekai's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Hampurissa
    Posts
    2,060
    Burn Notice season 6 started, the usual.
    17:42 <QuackBot> Tekai, i have to say that you have autism.

  20. #40
    Dirk Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,769
    I'm giving True Blood a temporary second chance because of Christopher Meloni, but the show will still be kinda silly. You can have vampires and werewolves in something and maintain a sense of menace, but this show IMO has failed to cultivate that. With all the drama it may as well be Twilight.

    The real thing to be watching on HBO now is Veep. Holy hell is that one funny.

    edit: I did start to get drawn back in to True Blood by the end of the newest episode.
    Last edited by Dirk Magnum; June 18 2012 at 01:54:54 AM.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •