hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 437 of 442 FirstFirst ... 337387427434435436437438439440 ... LastLast
Results 8,721 to 8,740 of 8837

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #8721
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,429
    Dopesick (Hulu)

    4th episode out. About the OxyContin epidemic.
    Good story, good characters and actors.

    SEE IT!
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  2. #8722

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,858
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Dopesick (Hulu)

    4th episode out. About the OxyContin epidemic.
    Good story, good characters and actors.

    SEE IT!
    Started watching, can confirm is great.

    Like Mindhunters, but with A-listers.

  3. #8723
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,429
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  4. #8724

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortvvs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Looks like an SNL parody. Not that I had any hope to begin with.
    complete miss on the tone/delivery of the characters
    That trailer gives an impression of a Kill Bill rip off

  5. #8725

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    7,710



    I forgot about this gem, watching it now
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  6. #8726
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    4,034


    Succession is back on boys, although sadly it's one episode per week I think.

  7. #8727
    Movember 2012 Steve the Pirate's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Oxfordshire
    Posts
    859
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post



    I forgot about this gem, watching it now
    How many seasons of this were there? I only remember 1. Could be because it moved to a different TV channel in the UK and I missed where it went
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

  8. #8728

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    3,296
    Just the one.

    Been meaning to watch it for years but I don't think it's ever been available for streaming at least in the US.

    edit: Seems somebody uploaded it all to YouTube recently.

  9. #8729
    Caldrion Dosto's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 19, 2011
    Posts
    2,732
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Just the one.

    Been meaning to watch it for years but I don't think it's ever been available for streaming at least in the US.

    edit: Seems somebody uploaded it all to YouTube recently.
    I liked it back in the day, but im afraid it haven´t aged to well?

    A reeboot could have good potential nowdays thought, a lot of good ideas where in that show to make it interesting.

  10. #8730

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Just the one.

    Been meaning to watch it for years but I don't think it's ever been available for streaming at least in the US.

    edit: Seems somebody uploaded it all to YouTube recently.
    I liked it back in the day, but im afraid it haven´t aged to well?
    I bought it on DVD a couple of years ago. Effects can't hold up with today's ones. But I don't remember it feeling being as cheesy as you might think it is.

    I even watched this vehicle review of it recently:


    A reeboot could have good potential nowdays thought, a lot of good ideas where in that show to make it interesting.
    Yeeeaah...in theory a good idea. But remakes these days also tend to screw up the good source material. So I'm kinda torn between having a remake and leave it where it's at. For every (good) BSG, there seems to be at least a (terrible) Charlie's Angels, Knight Rider, Magnum, P.I. and Dallas. And that's not even considering movies (e.g. Miami Vice, Starsky & Hutch)

  11. #8731
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    3,766
    I wish remakes were illegal

  12. #8732

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Magnum, P.I
    Boomers love that one, despite it being a generic action snooze-fest.

  13. #8733

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Just the one.

    Been meaning to watch it for years but I don't think it's ever been available for streaming at least in the US.

    edit: Seems somebody uploaded it all to YouTube recently.
    I liked it back in the day, but im afraid it haven´t aged to well?

    A reeboot could have good potential nowdays thought, a lot of good ideas where in that show to make it interesting.
    I also quite liked it but I never understood the episodes where an ace pilot outfit are used as a rifleman squad. Seemed like such a waste.

    Great ship designs though.

  14. #8734

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Just the one.

    Been meaning to watch it for years but I don't think it's ever been available for streaming at least in the US.

    edit: Seems somebody uploaded it all to YouTube recently.
    I liked it back in the day, but im afraid it haven´t aged to well?

    A reeboot could have good potential nowdays thought, a lot of good ideas where in that show to make it interesting.
    I also quite liked it but I never understood the episodes where an ace pilot outfit are used as a rifleman squad. Seemed like such a waste.
    Very few shows get that right, though. After all, who turns in to see ST:TNG's Picard just to find some gold/blue/red shirts crawling around the planet site for the whole eposide? And thos that get it somewhat right (The Expanse) due so mainly because there's literally no one else to do that job.

  15. #8735

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,988
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Magnum, P.I
    Boomers love that one, despite it being a generic action snooze-fest.
    Well, I also liked it back in my teen days when it originally aired in Germany. It was a breath of fresh air in the police/crime drama genre here. Starsky & Hutch, Kojak, Streets of San Francisco were all ~ a decade prior (if memory serves right). And the genuine German ones (e.g. Der Alte/The Old Fox and Derrick) were dry as hell. Magnum, P.I provided two unusual features in that time: witty humor in the Higgins-Magnum dialogs and a "loser" as the main hero.

  16. #8736

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,737
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Just the one.

    Been meaning to watch it for years but I don't think it's ever been available for streaming at least in the US.

    edit: Seems somebody uploaded it all to YouTube recently.
    I liked it back in the day, but im afraid it haven´t aged to well?

    A reeboot could have good potential nowdays thought, a lot of good ideas where in that show to make it interesting.
    I also quite liked it but I never understood the episodes where an ace pilot outfit are used as a rifleman squad. Seemed like such a waste.
    Very few shows get that right, though. After all, who turns in to see ST:TNG's Picard just to find some gold/blue/red shirts crawling around the planet site for the whole eposide? And thos that get it somewhat right (The Expanse) due so mainly because there's literally no one else to do that job.
    TBH I think it was one part "The audience is too stupid to keep track of more characters" as well as budget considerations for more characters on what was a fairly niche show. I think that if the show was made today with lessons learned from other huge shows, such as GOT with massive amounts of characters, they would have done it differently.

  17. #8737

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Embracing Mediocrity
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Magnum, P.I
    Boomers love that one, despite it being a generic action snooze-fest.
    Well, I also liked it back in my teen days when it originally aired in Germany.
    I meant the new one. It's pretty bland but does well in its time slot on CBS, which caters heavily to the 50+ demographic.

  18. #8738
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Magnum, P.I
    Boomers love that one, despite it being a generic action snooze-fest.
    Well, I also liked it back in my teen days when it originally aired in Germany.
    I meant the new one. It's pretty bland but does well in its time slot on CBS, which caters heavily to the 50+ demographic.
    It's a "feel good" show and I quite like the new Magnum P.I.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  19. #8739

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post



    I forgot about this gem, watching it now
    If you want old good sci-fi, Blakes 7. It has the best ending for a TV ever. There is some variation in quality season 1 being really good and the other 3 seasons being mostly good.

  20. #8740

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chichester, UK
    Posts
    2,083
    I've been watching the first 3x episodes of invasion on apple tv. So many storylinbes. me and the wife have to take notes. Not sure yet how its going to go or if we like it yet.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •