hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 434 of 443 FirstFirst ... 334384424431432433434435436437 ... LastLast
Results 8,661 to 8,680 of 8852

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I was surprised that it showed up on Amazon here in Germany yesterday. I haven't kept track of its release schedule, but if you would have asked me when it'll be there, my gut feeling would have been "somewhen in mid/late 2022". I haven't watched it yet, though.
    Wait...the full episode(s)? Or just the teaser? I have not googled it now but I was sure it had a 2022 date on it?
    As I said: I only saw it appearing (in the list of "Amazon Exclusives"). Just checked now and it seems to be the trailer, *but* it states "COMING SOON: Available 19 November 2021"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wh...me_(TV_series)

It indeed launches November 19 on Amazon Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    And that does undo all of the greatness we got before?
    Not only what came before it seems, half way into that trailer i realized i no longer have any interest in the GOT universe as a whole and couldnt be bothered even finish the rest of the trailer.
    As someone who got bored of GoT by season 4, thatís why I was satisfied with final season. It finally popped the bubble and now I rarely have to hear about that show again.

So you are an asshole?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    So you are an asshole?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

I find that quite fascinating: we had six seasons of what often is considered to be one of the pinnacles of TV series. And one underwhelming season. And that does undo all of the greatness we got before?
    Well that's the thing about the books and series. It leans very hard on foreshadowing and future payoff so having a bad finish really undermines the greatness. There's also not gonna be any books to correct the only canon ending we know to a better one so RIP

I think GOT has a botched/rushed final season but it's not alone. Out the top of my head series i watched and still remember, this comes to mind for the worst final season/episode:

- Battlestar Galactica (2004), the deus ex machina aka Angels is "what the fuck" worthy and Starbuck aka Kara Thrace destiny/orgins/whatever is never explained
    - Dexter of course woodshipping at the end....
    - Gilmore Girls no end at all, no wonder as Palladino exit it for the last season

and the famous one i never watched, Lost

Good, satisfying endings i still can remember
    - The Wire
    - Banshee
    - Westworld
    - Sons of Anarchy
    - The Little Drummer Girl
    - The Queen's Gambit
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

I mean the title of the show is Game of Thrones, the whole premise is that it's a huge build up to a resolution of who is the final victor, and it's all just pure shit in the final season, and a dude with no power except for "I AM A HUMAN LIBRARY NEAT" in a world where they have a massive library already is the winner lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    I think GOT has a botched/rushed final season but it's not alone. Out the top of my head series i watched and still remember, this comes to mind for the worst final season/episode:

- Battlestar Galactica (2004), the deus ex machina aka Angels is "what the fuck" worthy and Starbuck aka Kara Thrace destiny/orgins/whatever is never explained
    - Gilmore Girls no end at all, no wonder as Palladino exit it for the last season

- The Wire
    - Banshee
    - Westworld
    - Sons of Anarchy
    - The Queen's Gambit
    MASH
    Legion

- The Wire
    - Banshee
    - Westworld
    - Sons of Anarchy
    - The Queen's Gambit
    Babylon 5's final season also suffered greatly from it being cancelled and then recomissioned

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post

- The Wire
    - Banshee
    - Westworld
    - Sons of Anarchy
    - The Queen's Gambit
    Babylon 5's final season also suffered greatly from it being cancelled and then recomissioned
    Yeah, but Sleeping in the Light is still a good episode to end on.

And I personally didn't have trouble with the end of Battlestar, yeah it cold have been better and the supernatural stuff drove many away, but then again from the start that series has a strong supernatural connection and philosophical questions

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post

- The Wire
    - Banshee
    - Westworld
    - Sons of Anarchy
    - The Queen's Gambit

And I personally didn't have trouble with the end of Battlestar, yeah it cold have been better and the supernatural stuff drove many away, but then again from the start that series has a strong supernatural connection and philosophical questions
    I don't mind supernatural but the out of the blue ones and not to mention a dead/missing Starbuck comes back without any explanation and again is not in the final episode without any explanation
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    And that does undo all of the greatness we got before?
    Not only what came before it seems, half way into that trailer i realized i no longer have any interest in the GOT universe as a whole and couldnt be bothered even finish the rest of the trailer.
    As someone who got bored of GoT by season 4, that’s why I was satisfied with final season. It finally popped the bubble and now I rarely have to hear about that show again.
    I was bored halfway into the very first episode, so I got no clue about any of this

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post

- The Wire
    - Banshee
    - Westworld
    - Sons of Anarchy
    - The Queen's Gambit

I don't mind supernatural but the out of the blue ones and not to mention a dead/missing Starbuck comes back without any explanation and again is not in the final episode without any explanation
    As I understand it, Kara Thrace is an avatar/angel sent by the Lords of Kobol to humanity in times of great need. She was a tool, and nothing more. When that tool was no longer needed, it disappeared.

Interesting concept, but poor execution.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard

If only that explained or at least justified the vast pile of supernatural shit that happened, or the fact that the angel doesn't know it's an angel until the script tells her she is. The show was one of my favorites and the ending only slightly ruined things for me, at least the other characters had a good arcs and it was only that factor that really pissed me off. Still feels awesome when they all walked into that room and the next scene is her returning, one of my favorite finales to a season ever.

hating on popular stuff is tight

BSG has become a "guess who's the cylon this episode" very early on, everyone watched it for space battles and helfer.
    Dexter has gone stale after doakes bought it iirc so the ending wasn't as jarring as just taking your prize pony and beating it to death with a blackjack.

GoT will forever stay in the books as the biggest quality drop. Sure, 5 and 6 were already not as good and 7 i don't even remember much of but damn 8 was worth watching for the trainwreck value.
    Hopefully D&D end up rejected everywhere and OD on heroin in an LA slum.

Last edited by RazoR; October 11 2021 at 03:57:01 AM.

A lot of shows like Battlestar were made worse by the specter of cancellation. Same happen to Firefly where a lot of story archs were left non-finalised due to the show being cancelled and the Movie being unable to tie up that many loose ends.

GoT seems to have been ruined by Dumb and Dumber being in a hurry to wind things up - to the point they turned down additional episodes - so they could move on to the Star Wars show that was cancelled because other shitters were let loose on that IP and ruined it as well.

It is a problem on how do you tell a story that might take 50 episodes to do justice too when you face getting cancelled at any moment.

Yet somehow expanse was actually better when it was in actual danger of cancellation.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Yet somehow expanse was actually better when it was in actual danger of cancellation.
    It helped that they had access to the books and that the Expanse's authors were still engaged, unlike George R R Martin who seems incapable of finishing GoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    It helped that they had access to the books and that the Expanse's authors were still engaged, unlike George R R Martin who seems incapable of finishing GoT.
    Yepp. And the show follows the perceived quality of the books. Going by that, it'll become better again.