hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 462 of 466 FirstFirst ... 362412452459460461462463464465 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 9313

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #9221

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    746
    Tokyo Vice was good right up until the end, where it made the opening sequence flash forward a bait and switch.

  2. #9222
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,921
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  3. #9223

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,530
    slow horses was good, mostly dragged down by the unnecessary fart jokes

  4. #9224
    August's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    737
    Watching season 1 of The Young Pope, enjoying it so far.

  5. #9225

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,530
    Moon knight is quite awful example of marvel(TM)(R) branded american comedy attempt. Hard pass.

  6. #9226
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,921
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Moon knight is quite awful example of marvel(TM)(R) branded american comedy attempt. Hard pass.
    Moon Knight is very good. Yes it is about a super hero, but he has severe mental issues.
    This is not a braindead autopilot show. It engages you as the viewer to think a bit.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  7. #9227
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    15,704
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Moon knight is quite awful example of marvel(TM)(R) branded american comedy attempt. Hard pass.
    To each their own.

    I've quite loved it so far, and I don't see it at all as a "comedy".

    On the contrary, one of the more serious subjects Marvel shows to-date, touching on mental illness and child abuses.


  8. #9228

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,530
    Pretty far from actual mental issues and the forced humor is just horrible. Having seen plenty of people with mental health issues paints you a completely different picture.

  9. #9229
    Dee Jiensai's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2012
    Posts
    490
    I'm just watching Resident Alien, and i like it.
    Great acting and very pleasant humour.

    Recommended

  10. #9230

    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    800
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    I'm just watching Resident Alien, and i like it.
    Great acting and very pleasant humour.

    Recommended
    This is a gem. Thank you for the recommendation!

  11. #9231
    Jori McKie's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 8, 2014
    Location
    Lumpy
    Posts
    322
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    That series is kind of disturbing, showcase what religious nuts are capable of. It reinforced my disdain for any religion, get rid of it.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

  12. #9232

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    I'm just watching Resident Alien, and i like it.
    Great acting and very pleasant humour.

    Recommended
    This is a gem. Thank you for the recommendation!
    Hmm, never heard of that one? Is it available on a streaming service? Or is it TV only?

  13. #9233

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,501
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    I'm just watching Resident Alien, and i like it.
    Great acting and very pleasant humour.

    Recommended
    This is a gem. Thank you for the recommendation!
    Hmm, never heard of that one? Is it available on a streaming service? Or is it TV only?
    In the US it's on SyFy cable channel which is owned by NBC Universal. Which would make Resident Alien available on Peacock streaming service.

    I think here (may not work from your country) and needs a subscription to peacock premium:
    https://www.peacocktv.com/watch-onli...6112/seasons/1

    May be available in other places as well. Looks like Amazon will sell you individual episodes/seasons, I don't know if amazon prime would circumvent that or not.

  14. #9234

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    8,007
    ...Pirate Bay (insert another name).com
    Schopenhauer:

    All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

  15. #9235

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,308
    Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    I'm just watching Resident Alien, and i like it.
    Great acting and very pleasant humour.

    Recommended
    This is a gem. Thank you for the recommendation!
    Hmm, never heard of that one? Is it available on a streaming service? Or is it TV only?
    In the US it's on SyFy cable channel which is owned by NBC Universal. Which would make Resident Alien available on Peacock streaming service.

    I think here (may not work from your country) and needs a subscription to peacock premium:
    https://www.peacocktv.com/watch-onli...6112/seasons/1

    May be available in other places as well. Looks like Amazon will sell you individual episodes/seasons, I don't know if amazon prime would circumvent that or not.
    Well, I expected something like that. Perhaps one day it will turn up here in one of the streaming services I'm subscribed to.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    ...Pirate Bay (insert another name).com
    Never done that, never will do. In my opinion it enforces bad behavior: if someone refuses to distribute a digital product in an easy to acquire and consume way - I will absolutely honor their willingness to loose sales. In their stupid corporate minds the higher the download numbers there are, the better they need to "secure" their oh-so-valuable content.

  16. #9236
    Dee Jiensai's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2012
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Never done that, never will do. In my opinion it enforces bad behavior: if someone refuses to distribute a digital product in an easy to acquire and consume way - I will absolutely honor their willingness to loose sales. In their stupid corporate minds the higher the download numbers there are, the better they need to "secure" their oh-so-valuable content.
    Also, it would be so much smarter to have everyone stream your content and collect royalties.
    Not to mention that the same "FReeMArKEtPLacE!!" people happily create walled gardens to specifically KEEP THE MARKET FROM BEING FREE.
    Super idiotic. Very usa though.

  17. #9237

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,946
    Halo is pretty good, despite all the nerdrage about it. Granted, i have no idea about the lore so i dont give a shit if they butcher it, but on its own it delivers.

    The chosen uber mensch angle is maybe a bit much, but hey ill take any scifi i can get.

  18. #9238
    Takeshi Nuwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    53
    As someone who also neither has played any of the games, nor is invested in any of the lore: IMO Halo is a boring mess which is also directed and shot surprisingly bad, unless I am missing something and it is actually ment to be some sort of meta commentary thing taking the piss out of vidya games in general. There was at least one static background in the last episode that looked straight out of a 90s FMV cutscene for crying out loud... where exactly did all that budget go?!

    But same as with Picard I guess, my own fault for actually still watching & not dropping it...

  19. #9239

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,946
    There is absolutely no comparison with the pile of dogshit that is Picard. I get not liking the way it is shot, but the story and characters are nothing like the retarded series of asspulls and nostalgia cashins that is Picard.

    At the very very least, the actors on Halo are actually trying, despite some weakness in the writing (hello pointless teenage girlpower arc).

  20. #9240
    Takeshi Nuwen's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    53
    That's what makes it even more frustrating for me. The story feels like there COULD be something interesting in there, while Picard was coked out screenwriters with heads up their own asses in "random bullshit go!" mode.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •