hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 462 of 466 FirstFirst ... 362412452459460461462463464465 ... LastLast
Results 9,221 to 9,240 of 9313

Thread: The TV Thread

Tokyo Vice was good right up until the end, where it made the opening sequence flash forward a bait and switch.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

slow horses was good, mostly dragged down by the unnecessary fart jokes

Watching season 1 of The Young Pope, enjoying it so far.

Moon knight is quite awful example of marvel(TM)(R) branded american comedy attempt. Hard pass.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Moon knight is quite awful example of marvel(TM)(R) branded american comedy attempt. Hard pass.
    Moon Knight is very good. Yes it is about a super hero, but he has severe mental issues.
    This is not a braindead autopilot show. It engages you as the viewer to think a bit.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    To each their own.

I've quite loved it so far, and I don't see it at all as a "comedy".

On the contrary, one of the more serious subjects Marvel shows to-date, touching on mental illness and child abuses.

Pretty far from actual mental issues and the forced humor is just horrible. Having seen plenty of people with mental health issues paints you a completely different picture.

I'm just watching Resident Alien, and i like it.
    Great acting and very pleasant humour.

Recommended

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post

Recommended
    This is a gem. Thank you for the recommendation!

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    That series is kind of disturbing, showcase what religious nuts are capable of. It reinforced my disdain for any religion, get rid of it.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post

Recommended
    Hmm, never heard of that one? Is it available on a streaming service? Or is it TV only?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post

Recommended
    Hmm, never heard of that one? Is it available on a streaming service? Or is it TV only?
    In the US it's on SyFy cable channel which is owned by NBC Universal. Which would make Resident Alien available on Peacock streaming service.

I think here (may not work from your country) and needs a subscription to peacock premium:
    https://www.peacocktv.com/watch-onli...6112/seasons/1

May be available in other places as well. Looks like Amazon will sell you individual episodes/seasons, I don't know if amazon prime would circumvent that or not.

...Pirate Bay (insert another name).com
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post

Recommended
    In the US it's on SyFy cable channel which is owned by NBC Universal. Which would make Resident Alien available on Peacock streaming service.

I think here (may not work from your country) and needs a subscription to peacock premium:
    https://www.peacocktv.com/watch-onli...6112/seasons/1

May be available in other places as well. Looks like Amazon will sell you individual episodes/seasons, I don't know if amazon prime would circumvent that or not.
    Well, I expected something like that. Perhaps one day it will turn up here in one of the streaming services I'm subscribed to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    ...Pirate Bay (insert another name).com
    Never done that, never will do. In my opinion it enforces bad behavior: if someone refuses to distribute a digital product in an easy to acquire and consume way - I will absolutely honor their willingness to loose sales. In their stupid corporate minds the higher the download numbers there are, the better they need to "secure" their oh-so-valuable content.

Never done that, never will do. In my opinion it enforces bad behavior: if someone refuses to distribute a digital product in an easy to acquire and consume way - I will absolutely honor their willingness to loose sales. In their stupid corporate minds the higher the download numbers there are, the better they need to "secure" their oh-so-valuable content.
    Also, it would be so much smarter to have everyone stream your content and collect royalties.
    Not to mention that the same "FReeMArKEtPLacE!!" people happily create walled gardens to specifically KEEP THE MARKET FROM BEING FREE.
    Super idiotic. Very usa though.

Halo is pretty good, despite all the nerdrage about it. Granted, i have no idea about the lore so i dont give a shit if they butcher it, but on its own it delivers.

The chosen uber mensch angle is maybe a bit much, but hey ill take any scifi i can get.

As someone who also neither has played any of the games, nor is invested in any of the lore: IMO Halo is a boring mess which is also directed and shot surprisingly bad, unless I am missing something and it is actually ment to be some sort of meta commentary thing taking the piss out of vidya games in general. There was at least one static background in the last episode that looked straight out of a 90s FMV cutscene for crying out loud... where exactly did all that budget go?!

But same as with Picard I guess, my own fault for actually still watching & not dropping it...

There is absolutely no comparison with the pile of dogshit that is Picard. I get not liking the way it is shot, but the story and characters are nothing like the retarded series of asspulls and nostalgia cashins that is Picard.

At the very very least, the actors on Halo are actually trying, despite some weakness in the writing (hello pointless teenage girlpower arc).

That's what makes it even more frustrating for me. The story feels like there COULD be something interesting in there, while Picard was coked out screenwriters with heads up their own asses in "random bullshit go!" mode.