hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 465 of 470 FirstFirst ... 365415455462463464465466467468 ... LastLast
Results 9,281 to 9,300 of 9381

Thread: The TV Thread

Season 3 of The Boys is just so good.

Holding off til it's done airing, behind on alot of shows atm but I made the mistake of watching better call Saul before the season was fully out, I don't even binge them but waiting for a story to play out isn't as fun and the boys has always been amazing to watch over a week or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Season 3 of The Boys is just so good.
    Not empty quotin'

Esposito, Starr, and Urban are fantastic in their roles - even more so this season.

Gaslit was excellent

Barry!

Slow horses has been renewed for 4 total seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Slow horses has been renewed for 4 total seasons.
    Happy days!
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Umbrella academy season 3 out

A truly epic episode of The Boys this week

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    I'm 4 (5?) episodes in and I'm torn so far. It has its good moments and ideas (Vanya, Stan, Harlan), but the (human) villain is too formulaic for my liking, as is Allison's story line. At least so far.

It was time for a new gem, really. Nothing hit me like this since The Queen's Gambit, it's not as good but still good enough.

The Old Man
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5645432/

The title says nothing about what's going on and that's good. Layers upon layers in the storyline but in a good way, not confusing or distracting always interesting. And most important it isn't hiding the layers for the sake of guessing or more episodes.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Anything Jeff Bridges cant be completely terrible. Will give it a try!

Also, lmao at all the cameos in the latest episode of The Boys. Some people do not want to be invited to dinner parties.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; June 24 2022 at 04:21:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    It was time for a new gem, really. Nothing hit me like this since The Queen's Gambit, it's not as good but still good enough.

The Old Man
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5645432/

The title says nothing about what's going on and that's good. Layers upon layers in the storyline but in a good way, not confusing or distracting always interesting. And most important it isn't hiding the layers for the sake of guessing or more episodes.
    I call it matryoshka storytelling, works wonders for spy thrillers etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I'm 4 (5?) episodes in and I'm torn so far. It has its good moments and ideas (Vanya, Stan, Harlan), but the (human) villain is too formulaic for my liking, as is Allison's story line. At least so far.
    Gerard should hit the gym and record follow up to The Black Parade, especially considering how popular it becomes with nowadays teens. That seems like a more inventive and profitable avenue for his creative desires nowadays, especially if he wants to cash in on Stranger Things induced 80s nostalgia. Hearing Kate Bush back on radio is extremly unexpected but very welcome surprise. I'm not expecting for people to give appreciation B side suite of Hounds of Love deserves, but it's possible we might hear Wuthering Heights and Cloudbusting on radio again. And that would make me a really happy old fart.

If he's able to produce a fresh derivative (oxymoron?) as he did with TBP and transcend emo genre, he's in for the money. Hell, TBP has huge following among emo-rap too. I guess everyone can appreciate quality when he/she sees it. What's there to say, I'm a huge sucker for Queen-like rock operas.
    Last edited by rufuske; June 24 2022 at 08:51:42 PM.

Watched Season 3 of The Boys because of high praise. I don’t get it. It’s less boring than S2 but still not interesting. Back to Star Trek and The New Pope for me.

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Watched Season 3 of The Boys because of high praise. I don’t get it. It’s less boring than S2 but still not interesting. Back to Star Trek and The New Pope for me.
    no surprise here, you are a moron

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Fuck off retard
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Yeah, the boys is going downhill, just piling on more shocking things and gore. Still mostly entertaining but doesn't have the pull of the first season.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Yeah, the boys is going downhill, just piling on more shocking things and gore. Still mostly entertaining but doesn't have the pull of the first season.
    Episode 6 had some good character interaction. Some of the book plot lines were moved along with different characters.
    The fight scenes this episode were some of the best of the series. That death involving a road was hard to watch.

Its funny watching some of the Youtube reviewers( the critical Drinker, Nerdroctic etc). Whom I often agree with when it comes to a lot of the recent tv shows and film , especially everything marvel. They have some dislike for everything past season 1 of The Boys. But not as much as the hate they have for the latest season of The umbrella academy.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Gerard should hit the gym and record follow up to The Black Parade, especially considering how popular it becomes with nowadays teens. That seems like a more inventive and profitable avenue for his creative desires nowadays, especially if he wants to cash in on Stranger Things induced 80s nostalgia. Hearing Kate Bush back on radio is extremly unexpected but very welcome surprise. I'm not expecting for people to give appreciation B side suite of Hounds of Love deserves, but it's possible we might hear Wuthering Heights and Cloudbusting on radio again. And that would make me a really happy old fart.

If he's able to produce a fresh derivative (oxymoron?) as he did with TBP and transcend emo genre, he's in for the money. Hell, TBP has huge following among emo-rap too. I guess everyone can appreciate quality when he/she sees it. What's there to say, I'm a huge sucker for Queen-like rock operas.

Either I don't get it at all or this was intended for a different thread/posting.