hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 246 of 265 FirstFirst ... 146196236243244245246247248249256 ... LastLast
Results 4,901 to 4,920 of 5282

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    her problem is she's trying to act too much. the 1st rule of acting is 'if in doubt, do nothing' but she's always consciously trying to 'express' something with posture/tone/facial expressions... and well it doesn't work because that's not how people act.

context tells you what's going on then the audience interprets that in an actor themselves. if a character keeps a blank face and the context is 'traumatic event just happened' then audience interpets blank face as traumatised. if context is 'someone just told character she's a cunt' then audience interprets blank face as 'about to blow her fucking lid'. only shit actors constantly try and 'express' everything.
    This is true, at least in TV/movies.

If there are any Expanse fans in the southwest of the US then the authors will be appearing at the Jean Cocteau cinema (Santa Fe NM) tomorrow (Sunday 12th) for book signing. The cinema is located is owned by George R R Martin.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/520871.html
    Last edited by Nax; February 12 2017 at 06:31:38 AM.

I feel like this expanse season its 10x times better than the first one, the plot thickens every episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Levark View Post
    I feel like this expanse season its 10x times better than the first one, the plot thickens every episode.
    well they need to set up the universe and background and make it feel not rushed at first, makes sense

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Yeah don't forget we're about halfway through the first book now, so season 1 was indeed mostly set-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Yeah don't forget we're about halfway through the first book now, so season 1 was indeed mostly set-up.
    I never read the books, assuming the shows pace how many seasons you will think they have material for?

Quote Originally Posted by Levark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    I never read the books, assuming the shows pace how many seasons you will think they have material for?
    If they keep splitting the books like that, 9 - 10 seasons.

I actually think we will be getting the first book and part of the second this season, due to the early introduction of Bobbie and the fact the they are advancing the plot quite quickly and might be out of material from the first book by mid season

Starting to sound like a broken record, but Taboo is amazinggggggg

And almost over soon. the never ending war between quality and quantity breaks my heart again :'(

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    I actually think we will be getting the first book and part of the second this season, due to the early introduction of Bobbie and the fact the they are advancing the plot quite quickly and might be out of material from the first book by mid season
    I agree, and think they'll up the pace quite a bit after this. The follow up books are quite formulaic in their structure, and the first halves of books 3+ are pretty slow going.

The authors have said that they're not going with a strict half book/full book per season thing, it's just how much of the overall story they can get through in the episodes they have that makes some kind of season long storyline sense. Bare in mind there'll be 9 books in total (and they'll actually write them in time unlike George)
    CBA

oh, i thought those books had finished. really doesn't feel like the kind of thing that needs 9 books, that will just inevitably end up shit.

The new book was good, but because there's an obvious through line narrative, the endings are always unsatisfactory.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

John Oliver has returned!

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    You clearly mean "Last Cuck Tonight with Johnny Trigger-Warning"

Quote Originally Posted by iLOL View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    You clearly mean "Last Cuck Tonight with Johnny Trigger-Warning"
    Accurate.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    rewatched Blue mountain state which is puerile, childish and crude, i love it.

The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    rewatched Blue mountain state which is puerile, childish and crude, i love it.
    I only remember this scene - from the episode where everyone is on drugs at the party, and the girl with no arms who they make beer can limbs for.

Last edited by Nu11u5; February 15 2017 at 05:31:16 PM.

What are people using nowadays to khm "acquire" tv shows?