hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 302 of 314 FirstFirst ... 202252292299300301302303304305312 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 6272

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #6021
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,919
    Dirty Money on Netflix is a series of documentaries well worth watching. Watched the two first episodes so far and they are really good at conveying the story without railroading the narrative through narration. It let's the viewer make their own judgement to a larger degree.

    Unlike other "documentaries" that bend the truth like ehm, Michael *coff* Moore

    Loved the second episode where Scott Tucker, the leader of a payday loan institution got to taste his own medicine. That was satisfying.

  2. #6022
    Joshua Foiritain's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    3,960
    First 3 eps of stargate origins are out. Apparently they're 10 minutes each with 10 eps in total for season 1. lol wtf?

    Am halfway into episode 2; what a fucking shitshow.

    Edit: Oh god it actually became much, much worse. Jesus fucking christ.
    Last edited by Joshua Foiritain; February 17 2018 at 06:00:16 PM.



  3. #6023
    Donor Fuggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Nursing home
    Posts
    3,509
    Binged watched both seasons of Stranger Things..liked it. Now watching Altered Carbon.
    <&QuackBot> Fuggin: There once was a man named tugginfuggin. He oft tugged his fuggin. That is the tale of tugginfuggin.

  4. #6024
    Donor halbarad's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    First 3 eps of stargate origins are out. Apparently they're 10 minutes each with 10 eps in total for season 1. lol wtf?

    Am halfway into episode 2; what a fucking shitshow.

    Edit: Oh god it actually became much, much worse. Jesus fucking christ.
    I'm really not sure why they went with 10 minute episodes unless they didn't have budget for more than 1 or 2 full length ones. In which case, make a movie and let people watch it all at once. It really feels like it should have either been one big episode/movie or a pilot that some studio picks up and makes into a bigger series.

    After watching the third episode I discovered they have an after credits scene (because everyone wants to be marvel) but it's really not obvious that they'll have it, though 1.5 - 2 minutes of credits did seem like too much given what they have produced so far.

    I'm hoping the other episodes flow a bit better, and I'll probably wait till 3 or 4 more are out before I try watching them again. Merging them into a single episode once it's all out might be a better way to watch it as well.

  5. #6025
    Phrixus Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Queenstown, NZ
    Posts
    3,415
    I thought the rights to Stargate reverted to the original creators and they were going to make a franchise closer to the movie? What the fuck happened?

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  6. #6026
    Donor halbarad's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    4,924
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    I thought the rights to Stargate reverted to the original creators and they were going to make a franchise closer to the movie? What the fuck happened?

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    I think they have a trilogy planned for that. Not sure who came up with this Origins storyline.

  7. #6027
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,468
    Independence day 2 bombing had a lot to do with it.

  8. #6028
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,014
    not sure why but the more i watch altered carbon the more "meh" i feel about it

    it looks nice, has a noir cyberpunk story, so I can't quite put my finger on why I don't actually love it
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  9. #6029

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    not sure why but the more i watch altered carbon the more "meh" i feel about it

    it looks nice, has a noir cyberpunk story, so I can't quite put my finger on why I don't actually love it
    a lot of small things being a bit "eeehh" in the tv series? :P

  10. #6030
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    not sure why but the more i watch altered carbon the more "meh" i feel about it

    it looks nice, has a noir cyberpunk story, so I can't quite put my finger on why I don't actually love it
    Thats funny because i binged the first 5ep, then ep6 a few days later and cba to finish it over a week later.

  11. #6031
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    6,014
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    not sure why but the more i watch altered carbon the more "meh" i feel about it

    it looks nice, has a noir cyberpunk story, so I can't quite put my finger on why I don't actually love it
    a lot of small things being a bit "eeehh" in the tv series? :P
    yeah probably something like this

    i think i'd like it more if the original Takeshi was the yuuuuuuge supermodel dude and the body he's using now was the oriental dude than vice versa, I dunno. Other characters are a bit bland/onedimensional, the story is a bit all over the place and tbh the world reminds me more of Alistair Reynolds Revelation space posthumanity weirdness than Bladerunner noir cyberpunk. There' I guess I realized what I don't like about it.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  12. #6032

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    10,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    not sure why but the more i watch altered carbon the more "meh" i feel about it

    it looks nice, has a noir cyberpunk story, so I can't quite put my finger on why I don't actually love it
    a lot of small things being a bit "eeehh" in the tv series? :P
    yeah probably something like this

    i think i'd like it more if the original Takeshi was the yuuuuuuge supermodel dude and the body he's using now was the oriental dude than vice versa, I dunno. Other characters are a bit bland/onedimensional, the story is a bit all over the place and tbh the world reminds me more of Alistair Reynolds Revelation space posthumanity weirdness than Bladerunner noir cyberpunk. There' I guess I realized what I don't like about it.
    It's funny you should say that about the world as that's more like it yes, they gritted it down a bit more than i imagined it from the book for the tv series. Well that plus Earth is kind of a left behind shithole in many ways. And it's a noir story set in an otherwise very much advanced universe, only the first book is like that at all.

  13. #6033
    Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    NL fuck yeah
    Posts
    3,235
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    not sure why but the more i watch altered carbon the more "meh" i feel about it

    it looks nice, has a noir cyberpunk story, so I can't quite put my finger on why I don't actually love it
    a lot of small things being a bit "eeehh" in the tv series? :P
    yeah probably something like this

    i think i'd like it more if the original Takeshi was the yuuuuuuge supermodel dude and the body he's using now was the oriental dude than vice versa, I dunno. Other characters are a bit bland/onedimensional, the story is a bit all over the place and tbh the world reminds me more of Alistair Reynolds Revelation space posthumanity weirdness than Bladerunner noir cyberpunk. There' I guess I realized what I don't like about it.
    It's funny you should say that about the world as that's more like it yes, they gritted it down a bit more than i imagined it from the book for the tv series. Well that plus Earth is kind of a left behind shithole in many ways. And it's a noir story set in an otherwise very much advanced universe, only the first book is like that at all.
    The bridge and everything on it is a nice nod to William Gibsons Bridge trilogy though.

  14. #6034
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,857
    AC was good stuff, not the best but good. A lot better that STD.



    Any one taken a shot at Full Metal Alchemist on Netflix yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  15. #6035
    Alistair's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    12,828
    Blue Planet II has been exceptional so far. DVR'd it, so a couple Eps. behind (on the US Broadcast), and I've seen up thru "Big Blue".

    As awesome as one could want. Good work BBC, as usual.


  16. #6036
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,514
    Genderfluid Japanese carps m8
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  17. #6037
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,857
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Genderfluid Japanese carps m8
    This. First ep scenes are top ever recorded and rest is not far behind. I'm planning on getting 4k version and celebrate with a new 65" to mastu...enjoy it on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  18. #6038

    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Posts
    4,384
    AMAZON CONSIDERING DOING CONSIDER PHLEBAS

    http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cons...ly-1202706327/

  19. #6039
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,468
    MEANWHILE.

  20. #6040

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    6,184
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    AMAZON CONSIDERING DOING CONSIDER PHLEBAS

    http://variety.com/2018/tv/news/cons...ly-1202706327/
    Hold me.

    Definitely the most film-able of the novels.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •