hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 448 of 463 FirstFirst ... 348398438445446447448449450451458 ... LastLast
Results 8,941 to 8,960 of 9248

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Ok but what does the "W" and the "o" and the "T" stand for?
    Wheel of Time.

And to depili's point, I too took about 2 tries to getting into the books. I remember it being too many characters (and their interests/archs) to keep track and it made me lose focus/immersion. But powering through that it got a lot better.
    If I go about reading it again it will be interesting to see if it holds up still.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Wheel of Time.

And to depili's point, I too took about 2 tries to getting into the books. I remember it being too many characters (and their interests/archs) to keep track and it made me lose focus/immersion. But powering through that it got a lot better.
    If I go about reading it again it will be interesting to see if it holds up still.
    From what I hear the first season actually goes through 3 books, as that is what is left after skipping all the descriptions of meals and clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Wheel of Time.

From what I hear the first season actually goes through 3 books, as that is what is left after skipping all the descriptions of meals and clothes.
    That would make (sad) sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

I know the last thing that WoT needs is *more* exposition dumps, but one reason that it falls so flat is that the whole "in-universe plot-central characters" mechanic is never explained or alluded to.

Show dont tell only works when you actually manage to show what is important, instead of a bunch of mopey teenage drama and forced whispering.

I also dont get how they can end the season on that, literally nothing about the final confrontation is conveyed properly.

Ive suffered through the bad seasons of The 100, but even for me this is too much. Wont be back.

It's mostly the 1st book with a little bit pulled from the 2nd. And a lot of foreshadowing for later story arcs.
    1st wot book is a bit of a mess especially the ending. So changing it for TV isn't a surprise.
    That last episode suffered from terrible CGI, looked like it needed a whole lot more time in post. The big battle scene was a disjointed mess. There were a few strange choices like having the channelers standing in the middle of a plain instead of on the castle walls. In the same way they made the way gates need a channeler to open 8(.
    I bet it was supposed to be Matt and not Perrin who discovered the horn being stolen. Perrin has been under written the whole season. Sad when he was given such good motivation of killing his wife in the 1st episode.

IF the TV series takes the way the books are written to heart, we will get a slog followed by a couple of really good seasons then another slog. There are a few books that are really hard work to get through.

I looked up to see if they had brought Brandon Sanderson on as a consultant. Can't see any credit so i guess not, pity aas his books are some the best written in the series. And it would have given him experience for Stormlight archive Film(s?)

World of Tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    I looked up to see if they had brought Brandon Sanderson on as a consultant. Can't see any credit so i guess not, pity aas his books are some the best written in the series. And it would have given him experience for Stormlight archive Film(s?)
    He is credited in the opening titles, so he is definitely involved in some way.

The Expanse S6 is pretty hype, cant believe it's the last one.

Spoiler:

I guess they are bringing the alien tech ship forward and it ends with a complete defeat of the inners? With the Roci joining Drummer in some kind of insurgency. Can't see another good cutoff point, just from the book synopsis.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Finally got access to Disney+, so I've started watching The Mandolorian. It's good. Not stellar, but good.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)

The Book of Boba is now out on Disney+
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Station Eleven
    Very slow pace but brilliantly weird show

I had some time to clean up my TV series folder and i was kind of shocked although i am German i only found one German TV series, Deutschland 83. I know the series Dark is German too but i never got into it.
    Anyway as this forum is international, do you guys watched any German TV series which are good and with good i mean on an international level good? Because every time i see some German made crime/drama, i think why it's so bad. Maybe i'm to spoiled from watching U.S., British and Danish/Norwegian stuff but man this got me curious. And for the Germans reading this, do you think the same?

Edit:
    And with bad i mean, scripts/storyline, production settings, camera but the worst is the dialog. It always seems constrained/stiff there is no flow and you can see that on the actors/actress face, they don't act it's reciting the text. I don't say Germany has no great actors, we clearly have but that reciting text puts me off the most.
    Last edited by Jori McKie; December 31 2021 at 02:11:54 PM.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

I like Der Tatortreiniger and Babylon Berlin.

My post bothered me, i went through the German public TV to check if i missed something.
    Babylon Berlin is okish at least the first season

I found this i enjoyed:
    weissensee
    https://www.ardmediathek.de/sendung/...pc3NlbnNlZQ/1/

unbroken
    https://www.zdf.de/serien/unbroken

Schuld
    https://www.zdf.de/serien/schuld
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Why watch german TV for anglo-style series? Watch Ich bin ein Star - Holt mich hier raus! like any decent self-respecting alemán.

/s

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    The Book of Boba is now out on Disney+
    Why the shit always Tatooine, is it not a back water shit hole planet? Looks like a shithole .....
    And of course some parkour and sand shit....how entertaining

What a waste of $
    Last edited by Sacul; January 1 2022 at 07:30:05 PM.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Didn't you learn from the newest movies that the whole galaxy far away is actually really tiny and in visual distance from every planet it contains?

Welcome back aboard the most risk-averse franchise in the known universe.