Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Witcher season 2 is out now
    And its good!
    Definitely a step up from the first season
    7 episodes in, this season is so very good.
    Confirming season 2 is the bees knees.
    GET ME S3 FASTER PLS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

s2 gud. fuck it was over too quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    s2 gud. fuck it was over too quick.
    Indeed.

8 episode seasons sucks. In this particular case, it could easily been 10 or 12.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Witcher was great. Kinda wish netflix did weekly episodes cuz I have no restraint and finished the series in 2 days, and now I am left with nothing to look forward to.

How did you guys even get through the first episode of S2? I jumped directly to that because apparently S1 wasn't great. So boring. I don't get it.

yeah, not impressed. S1 was a mess with a horribly anticlimactic ending, and at least the S2 pilot didn't impress, it had some refreshers on what happened and some light character development but otherwise pretty light on any substance.

Season 1 and 2 of Succession both 10 episodes, was expecting to tune into the finale this week of S3 only to find out finale was the 9th episode last week 8(

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    yeah, not impressed. S1 was a mess with a horribly anticlimactic ending, and at least the S2 pilot didn't impress, it had some refreshers on what happened and some light character development but otherwise pretty light on any substance.
    I like it well enough, the CGI budget in particular seems to have improved. I dont get why they are still doing the parallel storytelling though.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I thoroughly enjoyed season 2. Had a chat with a close friend who enjoyed it less than the first because the first actually went for the "show don't tell" bit.

Also season 2 making fun of the season 1 timelines was an absolutely hilarious bit.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    biggest of thonks

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    How did you guys even get through the first episode of S2? I jumped directly to that because apparently S1 wasn't great. So boring. I don't get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I like it well enough, the CGI budget in particular seems to have improved. I dont get why they are still doing the parallel storytelling though.
    I like how they responded to people complaining about season 1 in the show itself:

I'm through it, and it was honestly pretty great even if a bit basic. Yen being an absolute cunt is par for the course, and Jaskier spoke from my soul every time he dunked on her.

The ending falls apart since:

Spoiler:

If possessed Ciri could open portals to summon monsters from other dimensions, nothing would have stopped her from just opening one to hellworld and fucking off.

Not a lot of payoff in the elven plot either, although Djikstra was another highlight.

WoT. Was that it? Is S2 and S3 already done and in post? If not...wow. And not in a good way.

Its so strange, in the opening of E7, that fight and intensity was like 100% up on anything seen before (in WoT) and I was like "holy shit, this is where its at!" and then E8 and we got like 6 horses leisurely trotting towards a wall to fight the end of times.
    I mean come the fuck on, LoTR - Return of the King was 18(!) years ago and they manged to produce one of the best cavalierly scenes ever made! How can you fail this hard?!?

Expanse on the other hand is at expected levels no doubt! The build up is nice but its kinda dumb how easy Marco can run up his plan with no one thinking "he's been thinking very, very far ahead and out of the box all along. But lets not consider that and just react shortsightedly".
    His whole character is a bit on the nose but that underlying plan he seems to have makes that make sense...so to speak. But not 100% and that makes the whole thing seems non-fitting. You either are a full fledged reactive warrior psycho or a long master strategist, you cant have both.*

* I know its a story and all/everyone can be what ever but breaks things a bit imho. And I continue to be skeptical of their turning maneuvering when fighting and people not breaking in half instantly.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

WoT. Was that it? Is S2 and S3 already done and in post? If not...wow. And not in a good way.

Its so strange, in the opening of E7, that fight and intensity was like 100% up on anything seen before (in WoT) and I was like "holy shit, this is where its at!" and then E8 and we got like 6 horses leisurely trotting towards a wall to fight the end of times.
    I mean come the fuck on, LoTR - Return of the King was 18(!) years ago and they manged to produce one of the best cavalierly scenes ever made! How can you fail this hard?!?
    It would be interesting to hear the reaction from someone who has not read the books. Me and my nerdy rpg-friends are equally confused at why they would do what they did, but that could just be foreknowledge bias.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post

It would be interesting to hear the reaction from someone who has not read the books. Me and my nerdy rpg-friends are equally confused at why they would do what they did, but that could just be foreknowledge bias.
    To me (haven't slogged through the books) it came across as a typical "must save big final battle for season finale" kind of deal. But together with a bunch of generic fantasy tropes (and some generic mystical asian tropes) and bad execution this certainly wasn't the best episode of the season, so that was a bit of a disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post

Since the season is over I might reread the books again. Its been some years since last time and much as has been forgotten (funny how certain things in the show awaken memories though) but it certainly feel like things are very off vs books at times.
    And I have never actually finished the whole thing, when I read it last the final book wasnt done so might go out and get that one and clear it all.

But I must recommend, maybe even commend, the way they added additional information about it though. The dedicated web for it kinda nice and the new 6 short stories are really good imho.
    Actually, if they had done the whole thing in that style of animation it would have been awesome.
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; December 26 2021 at 01:33:43 PM.

What is WoT?
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    What is WoT?
    Bezos making the most expensive ever tv-show based on the most dragging-on fantasy book series ever, that for some reason has a pretty solid fan base.

The series had about the same success rate for me as the books, at some point in my childhoods "must read all fantasy" I tried reading the first book, but gave up before finishing it. With the series I got to about episode 4ish before giving in to the realization that I was rather watching and doing everything else than paying attention to the things happening on the screen.

Ok but what does the "W" and the "o" and the "T" stand for?