hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 234 of 249 FirstFirst ... 134184224231232233234235236237244 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 4974

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Ive loved Douglas Adams for the longest time. Ive yet to watch Dirk Gently as I fear it will be just as garbage as the HHGTTG film (even the BBC TV series was better that the freeman crap).

So I was expecting the worst from that video.. I was honestly taken aback by how correct and passionate this Landis dude is about Adams' work - not trimming the fat/details etc

I will now go and locate this series to watch.
    I haven't read Dirk Gently since it came out, which must be the best part of thirty years ago, but if they had changed a couple of names I would have literally no idea that this new series had anything to do with Dirk Gently or Douglas Adams.

It seems more like someone wrote a script for the most hyper Dr Who, dialed it up to eleven, then when it got rejected for being too wacky they changed a few names, tweaked the TARDIS, and claimed it was based on Dirk Gently.

However, glancing at the wiki, it turns out that Adams based Dirk Gently on Dr Who episodes that he'd written so I guess you could argue that it is 'true to the original spirit' to some vague extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    wasn't there supposed to have been a new season of bbc sherlock? and same with rick and morty. or does stuff get advertised 6+ months in advance now.
    Last I heard Rick and Morty was "by the end of 2016". Dan Harmon was shitposting over the summer about "it hasn't been delayed guys, do you know what the current year is?"

So much for that I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by untilted View Post
    as i noticed start trek voyager being on netflix, i gave it a try after having it watched as a teenager on TV. oh dear ... neither the 90s CGI nor the unrealistically clean set design have aged well
    Implying it wasnt snide budget shite tv when it debuted.
    dunno .. i was ten years old. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

actually only show from back then, that i actually manged to rewatch was space: above and beyond
    tried babylon 5 - but the first few episodes were just *cringe*
    didn't even bother with seaquest dsv and the likes

as i noticed start trek voyager being on netflix, i gave it a try after having it watched as a teenager on TV. oh dear ... neither the 90s CGI nor the unrealistically clean set design have aged well

actually only show from back then, that i actually manged to rewatch was space: above and beyond
    b5 effects look particularly shit now but at the time for a TV show was a big part of thier budget.
    you can tell it was made on the cheap but the 5 series story arc is rely good .( in he same way space 1999, safire and steel , doctor who etc went beyond thier budget)not to mention the many quotable lines. was mostly written really well.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Redmoore; January 11 2017 at 12:20:19 AM.

I'll have to give some voyager a go, I watched it a lot when I was younger. Mainly just because I had a crush on whoever played seven of nine but still

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    I'll have to give some voyager a go, I watched it a lot when I was younger. Mainly just because I had a crush on whoever played seven of nine but still
    Star Trek Voyager aka. "NEVERMIND! TIMETRAVEL!" The Series

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Just skip the first season, it's very watchable after that.

But 'muh lore backstory and character setup!
    Fuck it, it's just to cringey. All you need to know is the first captain vanished/died in some weird accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Star Trek Voyager aka. "NEVERMIND! TIMETRAVEL!" The Series

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Star Trek Voyager aka "Only the first and last two episodes of each season are worth watching (if the alternative is taking Special K and drooling on the sofa)."

Star Trek Voyager, vastly better than the pile of steaming shit that was Deep Space Nine.

The only ST series worse than DS9 was Enterprise, which we're all better off pretending was fanfic and not real.
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Meh, Star Trek: Enterprise is a totally acceptable "monster/problem/alien pregnancy of the week" show.

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Star Trek Voyager, vastly better than the pile of steaming shit that was Deep Space Nine.

The only ST series worse than DS9 was Enterprise, which we're all better off pretending was fanfic and not real.
    DS9 was amazing bitch i will cut you.

Enterprise is now the only canonical star trek series.

Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post

DS9 was amazing bitch i will cut you.
    Grab your pitchforks!

It was certainly different to the previous stuff, which I suppose could be misinterpreted as being 'worse' by some. I would say it stands up better to modern viewing than its predecessors/successors, if only because it had actual story arcs as opposed to constant 'alien of the week' that was the normal in Trek

Also 'In The Pale Moonlight' is still a fantastic bit of drama.

colleague suggested to watch au service de la france ... the trailer looks promising and it's on netflix \o/

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

We have a trek thread, you goons.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    IVe always assumed that Twin Peaks was sexual innuendo, but never bothered finding out more.

Whats it about?
    Damn fine cups of coffee.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Someone put way too much effort into this one. But it's p gud.