hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 380 of 386 FirstFirst ... 280330370377378379380381382383 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 7702

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    If anything, the future will have some really pretty architecture it seems.
    That is more or less real Singapore

Looks like Adventure time took even more acid:

Oh lol Duncan go a Netflix show

Eeeeexcellent, season 1 was a blast.
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Just realized theres a Castlevania Season 3 out. Lets see how it goes, S1 and 2 were fun.

Just realized theres a Castlevania Season 3 out. Lets see how it goes, S1 and 2 were fun.

It's amazing, really it is. They've outdone themselves this time - go watch it.

April 15th!!!

Last edited by Venec; March 28 2020 at 07:29:04 AM.

Finished Altered Carbon S2. Its not terrible, just, well... fast-food TV. It hints that it wants to ask hard questions about transhumanism, but never really does.

I'd say S2 was better than S1 tho.

Next up probably: Tiger King. Looks flat out insane, in a "look at the human animal zoo" kind of way.

Tiger King is entertaining, but by the time it gets to episode 3 it is hugely problematic. It starts out like it's an expose of big cat farming for profit in the US, but ends up relitigating a 25 year old missing persons case, but only providing you the points of view of a bunch of mobsters, methheads and lunatics. Netflix should be ashamed of producing it.

Star Wars: Clone Wars S07 is still strong, it's fantastic they came back to the old series and adding this final chapter.

Mandalorian S02 is not that much delayed as they were able to finish all filming before the lock down.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    Tiger King is entertaining, but by the time it gets to episode 3 it is hugely problematic. It starts out like it's an expose of big cat farming for profit in the US, but ends up relitigating a 25 year old missing persons case, but only providing you the points of view of a bunch of mobsters, methheads and lunatics. Netflix should be ashamed of producing it.
    It's perfect trash television for exactly that reason. It has no ideology, no real ethical slant, the whole thing is a masterpiece of niche cultural insight.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

new series of ozark out. Need to wait for all the episodes to make it to the high seas , but 1st one was good.

Enjoyed mythic quest, 1st 4 episdoes were better than the last 4 . But good over all.

Devs is awesome

The magicians , 1st half of the seson was good . But it feels like its lost its way a bit in the second half.

Just started locke and key, seems ok. The review on gamespot universe says its a bit of a disappointment compared to the comics due to its pacing but worth a watch still.

Finished Altered Carbon S2. Its not terrible, just, well... fast-food TV. It hints that it wants to ask hard questions about transhumanism, but never really does.

I'd say S2 was better than S1 tho.
    I agree. I enjoyed it, it kept my interest and had more good scenes than bad. They still need to up their writing a lot for S3 to keep this good enough going forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Word is that a new series set in the Life on Mars universe is in the works.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/life-on...-return-plans/

Watched this over the last few days. I think that if you liked the first season you will likely also enjoy the second.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    First new episode is available now

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
      Spoiler:

Watched this over the last few days. I think that if you liked the first season you will likely also enjoy the second.
    I've binge watched both seasons over the last two weeks. It's an interesting take on the genre. But it reminded me again (a bit) why I never got to like eastern martial arts movies: it seems that there absolutely must be stuttering simpleton in everyone of them

Other than that: good series to waste some time.

Westworld S3 is getting pretty hype. Better than S2 even, since it doesnt appear they are trying for a "big shitty twist" again but serve them up piecemeal.

Spoiler:

Quintuple Delores is such a dick move, I love it. I was rooting for her, but that put a real damper on it.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; April 6 2020 at 12:53:28 PM.