hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 418 of 421 FirstFirst ... 318368408415416417418419420421 LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 8417

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Watched "The Liberator" on Netflix. Band of Brothers but in artsy animation style.

And since I think BoB is the best thing ever made I naturally liked this too, on the surface at least. Since it is BoB, just in another setting it doesnt engage in the same way but has its moments.
    Its well made, good sound, good characters, hard and grim and if you are into this stuff in general its worth the time as its a story worth being told.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/vZaIZgkCcXQ
    I've watched a couple episodes, but got turned off, because of the way any combat was portrayed.
    They didn't need any huge CGI budget for that and still they went the most cartooney way they could. And by that I don't mean the art style (I was fine with that), but things like thousands of Germans running through an open field straight into artillery and machine gun fire. Or when they finally brought tanks that tank waits until it right on top of the American trenches before shooting straight down, or how in one scene those 10 or guys stop hundredths of Germans just to surrender in another scene to 3 others just because those others have higher ground.

It's an anime, what do you expect?

tbh Generation Kill fumbles the combat too

Yeah BoB and the Pacific really showed a version of ww2 combat that most other shows don't bother with because they want the huge battles and boom booms. Generation Kill isn't always fantastic but its better than a large portion of war tv/movies. Liberators seems dumb on that and combat gives the people fighting meaning for there struggle. Would of watched if it wasn't anime stlye dumb shit.

When you say it, yes it is indeed a bit anime in depicting some of action. I too also thought it was a bit strange to show people charging straight into machine gun fire and arty like it was 1915.

Moving on from this then, finished up Umbrella Corp and damn that is really good shit! And it felt they had upped the level of detail in basically everything, and that from a really really good level.
    As mentioned actors are fuckin great, dialog is very good and they managed to put in a lot of personal character development and drama without it breaking the story or flow at all imho.
    The final plot-twist wasnt a big surprise but also quite satisfying and I really hope there is a S3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter was most realistic war drama in last decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    When you say it, yes it is indeed a bit anime in depicting some of action. I too also thought it was a bit strange to show people charging straight into machine gun fire and arty like it was 1915.

Moving on from this then, finished up Umbrella Corp and damn that is really good shit! And it felt they had upped the level of detail in basically everything, and that from a really really good level.
    As mentioned actors are fuckin great, dialog is very good and they managed to put in a lot of personal character development and drama without it breaking the story or flow at all imho.
    The final plot-twist wasnt a big surprise but also quite satisfying and I really hope there is a S3.
    God I hope there is, still gotta finish Season 2.

For lack of good current TV, ive started watching Narcos.

The guy playing Pablo is doing a bangup job. Wish there were some running commentary on whats fact and what is fiction, for example was there really an ETA connection?

Love it, need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    For lack of good current TV, ive started watching Narcos.

The guy playing Pablo is doing a bangup job. Wish there were some running commentary on whats fact and what is fiction, for example was there really an ETA connection?

Love it, need more.
    I watched the series and then checked afterwards on wikipedia. It is hard to believe just how much of it is based on real events.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Wandavison is tops

Butthole
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    anything soviet is of evil

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Wandavison is tops

Butthole
    This.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Watching lost in space now. I live Parker Posey but does her character ever stop being so simple as to never be caught doing shit that sabotaged the efforts of the surviving crews? Show is cool so far but it's kinda boring and frustrating having a dumb plot line like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Watching lost in space now. I live Parker Posey but does her character ever stop being so simple as to never be caught doing shit that sabotaged the efforts of the surviving crews? Show is cool so far but it's kinda boring and frustrating having a dumb plot line like that.
    No, sadly the writing stays consistently terrible the entire way through.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    It's Lost in Space. It's meant to be terrible. That's the whole point.

Damn, might finish it just out of boredom. It's got a cool set up, but the flaws really all came out in episode 5 or 6, just full on dumb shit non stop. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Theres good terrible and theres bad terrible. This is the bad kind of terrible.

Frankie Boyle's Tour of Scotland is the sort of travelogue that only Boyle could do: "Glencoe is what they did to pacify the highlands before heroin" is merely the start of a monologue involving Jimmy Savile, Margaret Thatcher, and the demon Adralemech
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; February 28 2021 at 06:59:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodj Blake View Post
    Theres good terrible and theres bad terrible. This is the bad kind of terrible.

I had some hopes for it going into season two (yes im a bit naive) my god was it bad...

After having watched season 1 of The Americans quite a while ago and then dropped it, I continued it and bing-watched season 2+3 in the past weeks. Although these spy/crime stories aren't necessarily my cup of tea, I really enjoyed it. I guess that's at least partly due to that 80s setting, in which I spent my youth, so it rubs quite sime nostalgica buttons for me, similar to Ready Player One.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    The Americans
    It's alright.

Yeah BoB and the Pacific really showed a version of ww2 combat that most other shows don't bother with because they want the huge battles and boom booms. Generation Kill isn't always fantastic but its better than a large portion of war tv/movies. Liberators seems dumb on that and combat gives the people fighting meaning for there struggle. Would of watched if it wasn't anime stlye dumb shit.
    generation Kill isnt always fantastic?

YOU FUCKIGN WHAT