hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 405 of 416 FirstFirst ... 305355395402403404405406407408415 ... LastLast
Results 8,081 to 8,100 of 8308

Thread: The TV Thread

I still like it and even though episode 2 wasn't all that exciting I could really care less. It's not like I watch it for some excellent plot, it's a Star Wars spin off show. It's meant to be fun, there are a million shows to watch that aren't what Mandalorian are.

The first season was pretty good, for some reason one episode of the planned 8 was not aired at all. So far the second season has been only a senseles worm encounter and then jar-jar and some poached eggs.

This week progressed the main story line again and "Dune: a Star Wars Story" still had that little hint at the end. Even season one had "Seven Samurai" and protect the village so you can't really fault them for not having every single episode be about the main plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    so you can't really fault them for not having every single episode be about the main plot.
    When any series is just 8 episodes per year, you certainly can fault them for writing filler crap episodes.

Memedalorian is ok. I don't mind the slow pace of the plot/'filler' episodes.

It fits with the Lone Ranger-theme, imho.

30 mins is pretty short, but the production values made up for it. Those Quarrens looked great, the Mon Cals a bit less so since they apparently felt compelled by the OT rubber puppets.

I like S2 better than S1 so far, although the fanservice is thick (Bob A. Feet cameo, Ahsoka, Satines great-granddaughter (?), Darksaber, "Stormies cant shoot straight", etc. pp.). Its starting to feel like a Clone Wars season 8, where before it was pretty much its own thing.

So far instead of badass lone ranger Mando we have had comedic relief after comedic relief and others dropping out of the sky to save the day

It's made by Disney, it was never going to be 'good'
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Agree wholeheartedly about Carnival Row. Went in not expecting much and was very pleasantly surprised that it didn't completely suck.
    It was pretty good, but i seem to remember that a bunch of the sex / gore stuff felt tacked on and gratuitous.

The world building was great though, and the performances at least not distractingly bad.
    Don't forget the clumsiest racism portrayal since detroit become hooman. We get it, can we please move on?
    Or is that to troll lovecraft?

edit: ahhh, there we go, yes, yeeeesssss
    Last edited by RazoR; November 19 2020 at 04:13:52 AM.

I'm starting to see a pattern in mehdalorian season 2, there is a slapstick filled filler for most of the episode, yodaling steal stuff to eat, little more slapstick and then in the end the saviour comes down from the heavens and everyone is happy

Watched Queens Gambit.

I liked it well enough, but it has to be very much its own thing in some fictional world. Kind of like John Nash vs. A Beautiful Mind, only even more hollywoodyfied.

All games are all or nothing. No remis, no best of 11. Hero must smash.
    All wins are final. Once an opponent is beaten, he stays that way. Only for <protagonist> though, Borgov is just a prop.
    It ends at the top, when the "what happens after" could be so much more interesting.

And most tellingly, the hereditary mental illness angle fell completely by the wayside. If its about anything, then maybe some soft-washed "overcoming addiction with the friends we made along the way" (But really, she may just replace her pills/booze/sex addiction with a fame addiction).

If the story really is loosely based on Bobby Fisher, then reality was so much more dramatic than this. I would still recommend it as a feel-good timewaster.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; November 21 2020 at 09:15:59 PM.

Yeah, the tournament structures were the thing that made me go "Oh, that is not how it works" but otherwise it was decent feel good story

Watched Postings Gambit.

I liked it well enough, but it has to be very much its own thing in some fictional world. Kind of like John Nash vs. A Beautiful Mind, only even more Salzburgified.

All posts are all or nothing. No reposts, no best of 11 pages. reps must smash.
    All threads are final. Once an opponent is negrepped, he stays that way. Only for <mod> though, Don Rumata is just a prop.
    It ends at the top, when the "what politics after" could be so much more interesting.

And most tellingly, the hereditary mental illness angle fell completely by the wayside. If its about anything, then maybe some soft-washed "overcoming addiction with the discord friends we made along the way" (But really, she may just replace her pills/booze/EvE addiction with a failheap addiction).

If the story really is loosely based on Marlona Sky, then reality was so much more dramatic than this. I would still recommend it as a feel-good timewaster.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I'm starting to see a pattern in mehdalorian season 2, there is a slapstick filled filler for most of the episode, yodaling steal stuff to eat, little more slapstick and then in the end the saviour comes down from the heavens and everyone is happy
    I mean you can stop watching it since you are so angry about it. Loved the last episode, fun shit.

Fargo definitely not living up to the previous 3 seasons. Its a pity because the base of a good season is there, but the execution is poor. The way the are wrapping up the storylines, of which there are to many. Is way to much ,just end sub plot here.
    Maybe they can round things off in a better way in the final.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Truth Seekers is pretty weird and ok. I'm not 100% sure its good yet though lol

Mando: Princess Warrior is fun to watch. People taking it too seriously need to go have an angry wank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

We are currently enjoying watching Long Way Up with Ewan McGregor, extremely good UHD picture as all Apple productions to date.
    How to tell the difference between Machine Learning and AI:
    If it is written in Python it is most likely Machine Learning.
    If it is written in PowerPoint it is most likely AI.

Carnival Row was p. dope to binge.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..