hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 449 of 463 FirstFirst ... 349399439446447448449450451452459 ... LastLast
Results 8,961 to 8,980 of 9250

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Didn't you learn from the newest movies that the whole galaxy far away is actually really tiny and in visual distance from every planet it contains?
    yeh ok...my bad
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Welcome back aboard the most risk-averse franchise in the known universe.
    big sad
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Welcome back aboard the most risk-averse franchise in the known universe.
    Feels bad. The Mandalorian actually took a lot of risks (whilst at the same time providing massive fan service) and it was very successful. Now it seems they can't really do it again for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    I had some time to clean up my TV series folder and i was kind of shocked although i am German i only found one German TV series, Deutschland 83. I know the series Dark is German too but i never got into it.
    Anyway as this forum is international, do you guys watched any German TV series which are good and with good i mean on an international level good? Because every time i see some German made crime/drama, i think why it's so bad. Maybe i'm to spoiled from watching U.S., British and Danish/Norwegian stuff but man this got me curious. And for the Germans reading this, do you think the same?

Edit:
    And with bad i mean, scripts/storyline, production settings, camera but the worst is the dialog. It always seems constrained/stiff there is no flow and you can see that on the actors/actress face, they don't act it's reciting the text. I don't say Germany has no great actors, we clearly have but that reciting text puts me off the most.
    I didn't like Dark. Too gloomy and the actors were stiff, put me to sleep tbh.

Babylon Berlin is one of my favorite shows though

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Why watch german TV for anglo-style series? Watch Ich bin ein Star - Holt mich hier raus! like any decent self-respecting alemán.

/s
    The cool kids obviously don't watch linear TV anymore but should instead resort to the German version of "Celebrity Hunted" on Netflix.

My post bothered me, i went through the German public TV to check if i missed something.
    Babylon Berlin is okish at least the first season

I found this i enjoyed:
    weissensee
    https://www.ardmediathek.de/sendung/...pc3NlbnNlZQ/1/

unbroken
    https://www.zdf.de/serien/unbroken

Schuld
    https://www.zdf.de/serien/schuld
    *Cough*

No mention of the perhaps best ever German TV series Das Boot? Waaay better than the movie, which is simply a stripped down version of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    My post bothered me, i went through the German public TV to check if i missed something.

I found this i enjoyed:
    weissensee

unbroken

Schuld
    *Cough*

No mention of the perhaps best ever German TV series Das Boot? Waaay better than the movie, which is simply a stripped down version of the series.
    It's brilliant. Must watch for everyone. Especially because it has much more time to flesh out characters and get viewer attached to them. Manly tears at the ending were shed. And I'm polish, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    WoT. Was that it? Is S2 and S3 already done and in post? If not...wow. And not in a good way.

Its so strange, in the opening of E7, that fight and intensity was like 100% up on anything seen before (in WoT) and I was like "holy shit, this is where its at!" and then E8 and we got like 6 horses leisurely trotting towards a wall to fight the end of times.
    I mean come the fuck on, LoTR - Return of the King was 18(!) years ago and they manged to produce one of the best cavalierly scenes ever made! How can you fail this hard?!?
    It would be interesting to hear the reaction from someone who has not read the books. Me and my nerdy rpg-friends are equally confused at why they would do what they did, but that could just be foreknowledge bias.
    After GoT set the tone and look, WoT feels too clean, i.e. everything is shiny. For me in 2021-22, the looks of it is too stereotypical fantasy. Yes, LotR was the same, but the characters were better there, making up quite a bit. It is perhaps quite telling that eight seasons in, right now I can't name a single character. And that archer guy currently is especially annoying to me. He's naivity is enraging.

I found this i enjoyed:
    weissensee

unbroken

Schuld
    *Cough*

Hmm, hmmmmmm. I never liked the orignal movie, it never really clicked, maybe that's why i didn't started the series. Although i still can recite the famous "Und dann ein ganz gemütlicher Samstags nachmittags fick"
    Will start watching the series.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

"Und dann ein ganz gemütlicher Samstags nachmittags fick"
    I know you guys dub everything. Is that your version of the lyrics to Afternoon Delight?

Berlin Alexanderplatz. Not sure how it’s aged.

As a teen, I liked "Büro, Büro". Basically a early 80s to early 90s version of The Office. I use their running gag "Rundschreiben: aus gegebenem Anlass ..." (~ "Company memo: due to the occassion ...") to this date and most of the time earn some weird glances with it.

But yeah, I can't think of many great German TV series. They mostly suck. If our PBS channels would be at least as inventive as the BBC. I'm sitting here since a few minutes and try to remember any good German TV series that I've watched in the past two decades. But I can't come up with even a single one. Even skimming through the list of series, which also includes foreign ones, didn't raise a "Ah, forgot about that, was a good one."

Disclaimer: I haven't watched German private TV for almost a decade now, so not sure if those have put out something good themselves in the mean time.

I know you guys dub everything. Is that your version of the lyrics to Afternoon Delight?
    There is nothing to dub in Das Boot for Germans, the series being from Germany in the first place... if you thought it was in english you only have seen the horrible english dubbed version. On top of the quite bad dubbing job the english version heavily censored.

Toast of Tinseltown starts tonight!

There is nothing to dub in Das Boot for Germans, the series being from Germany in the first place... if you thought it was in english you only have seen the horrible english dubbed version. On top of the quite bad dubbing job the english version heavily censored.
    "Und dann ein ganz gemütlicher Samstags nachmittags fick" roughly translated means "And then a nice and slow Saturday afternoon fuck"
    "ganz gemütlich" is hard to translate it means no rushing, easy going but also it has a notation of compassion. Literally it means snuggling. There is a big contrast in the German wording, "ganz gemütlich" is soft and smooth against the hard "fick". That's the reason why this works so well and was a meme (before the internet) at the time of the movie. You could ask a girl with a smile what she was going to do on a Saturday afternoon and she would know what you're going for.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Berlin Alexanderplatz. Not sure how it’s aged.
    That's really old around 1980, i can't remember the details but it's not a classic series in Germany. In it's core it's meant as socially critical and that was and is always a problem with German TV, it tends to get heavy. And Fassbinder the director was famous for that.

As a teen, I liked "Büro, Büro". Basically a early 80s to early 90s version of The Office. I use their running gag "Rundschreiben: aus gegebenem Anlass ..." (~ "Company memo: due to the occassion ...") to this date and most of the time earn some weird glances with it.

But yeah, I can't think of many great German TV series. They mostly suck. If our PBS channels would be at least as inventive as the BBC. I'm sitting here since a few minutes and try to remember any good German TV series that I've watched in the past two decades. But I can't come up with even a single one. Even skimming through the list of series, which also includes foreign ones, didn't raise a "Ah, forgot about that, was a good one."

Disclaimer: I haven't watched German private TV for almost a decade now, so not sure if those have put out something good themselves in the mean time.
    Yeah, good to see i'm not alone. I just scrolled over the 822 Series in your link and i hardly knew any of the names.
    Last edited by Jori McKie; January 4 2022 at 08:21:01 AM.

"Und dann ein ganz gemütlicher Samstags nachmittags fick" roughly translated means "And then a nice and slow Saturday afternoon fuck"
    "ganz gemütlich" is hard to translate it means no rushing, easy going but also it has a notation of compassion. Literally it means snuggling. There is a big contrast in the German wording, "ganz gemütlich" is soft and smooth against the hard "fick". That's the reason why this works so well and was a meme (before the internet) at the time of the movie. You could ask a girl with a smile what she was going to do on a Saturday afternoon and she would know what you're going for.
    Hence my attempted joke, but thanks to you both for proving the German stereotype, I guess.

Yeah, good to see i'm not alone. I just scrolled over the 822 Series in your link and i hardly knew any of the names.
    One day later, I remember one good mini series (from 2010 apparently, also listed above, but the name escaped me yesterday): Alpha 0.7. But this one scratches my itches of dystopian settings & (data) privacy, so YMMV ...

Mitten in Deutschland: NSU is a good miniseries if you're okay with the subject matter - though I remember the third episode feeling a bit out of tone with the first two.