hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 477 of 483 FirstFirst ... 377427467474475476477478479480 ... LastLast
Results 9,521 to 9,540 of 9652

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #9521
    Dee Jiensai's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2012
    Posts
    601
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jiensai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Feels like a Matrix-clone. And not saying that is a bad thing at all! Now if only I could get my new shiny 65" up the stairs so I can watch it proper that would be good. Pls send help.
    Nothing to do with matrix at all.

    Everyone needs to watch this though. it is very good.
    I stand by my initial comment with the addition of a bit of Inception. But you are absolutely right in that everyone needs to watch it!
    I have not seen inception yet (i know, I don't know how I managed that), will watch it eventually, and then tell you if you are right :P

  2. #9522
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    33,228
    Andor gets official razor's seal of approval btw. Might be a bit too grimdark as designated comedic relief is straight up cringe but hey, it's star wars that's not.

  3. #9523
    Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    10,053
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Andor gets official razor's seal of approval btw. Might be a bit too grimdark as designated comedic relief is straight up cringe but hey, it's star wars that's not.
    andor is fucking fantastic. it starts slow-ish but none of the time is filler, and then it just rockets away from s5 onwards.

  4. #9524
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Andor so good!

  5. #9525
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    4,554
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Andor so good!
    So much this and what Teds said! I've held off, had too much other things to watch/just being stupid enough not to get on sooner. The hype is, for once, very real!
    Not sure which ep I'm on and too scared to look because I dont want it to end!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  6. #9526

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Andor so good!
    So much this and what Teds said! I've held off, had too much other things to watch/just being stupid enough not to get on sooner. The hype is, for once, very real!
    Not sure which ep I'm on and too scared to look because I dont want it to end!
    +100

    Btw, did you see the after-credits scene in the last episode?
      Spoiler:
    The widgets they made in the prison are part of the Death Star's mega weapon.

  7. #9527
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,318
    My short TV Show summary:

    Avenue 5 - Season 2 was so good. They nail the humor! So dumb and so good!

    Wednesday (Addams Family) - Very worth seeing, the show is at it's best when the family is there.
    Story was very predictable.

    Willow - Stay away. I would rather watch Rings of Power.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  8. #9528

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    6,553
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Willow - Stay away. I would rather watch Rings of Power.
    To this day I find that the original Willow movie, on which this series apparently is based upon, is an underrated gem.

  9. #9529
    Dorvil Barranis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,257
    Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Andor so good!
    So much this and what Teds said! I've held off, had too much other things to watch/just being stupid enough not to get on sooner. The hype is, for once, very real!
    Not sure which ep I'm on and too scared to look because I dont want it to end!
    +100

    Btw, did you see the after-credits scene in the last episode?
      Spoiler:
    The widgets they made in the prison are part of the Death Star's mega weapon.
    Is that the only episode with a post credit scene? Do I need to go back? Did other Star Wars stuff start doing this?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang


  10. #9530

    Join Date
    May 25, 2011
    Posts
    582
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post

    Is that the only episode with a post credit scene? Do I need to go back? Did other Star Wars stuff start doing this?
    It's an MCU staple, but I think this is the only example in Andor. The episode recap I read brought it up, I don't sit patiently through the credits to check for additional content.

  11. #9531
    Dee Jiensai's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23, 2012
    Posts
    601
    Wednesday Addams is an absolute gem. The tone of the show reminds me of the very best of Tim Burton of old, and the performance of Jenna Ortega deserves all the oscars. All of them.

  12. #9532

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    794
    Slow Horses season 2 started, as good as s1 so far

  13. #9533
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,517
    As I have Prime I decided to give Rings of Power a go.

    If you ever needed an object lesson in how bad writers cannot be offset by a huge budget then ROP is it.

    Ignore all the Culture War crap. ROP was made by people who do not understand Tolkein, do not understand heroic myths, and whose research was probably to watch the Hobbit movies and the last two seasons of GoT and just go from there.

    Tolkein's work was an exploration of the Meta-myths of the Civilizations known to him in the 1920s and 30s. It was about Beowulf, the Holy Grail, Gilgamesh, the foundation myths of Hinduism and the Aryans. It was also about degeneration from a mythical age to the modern, fueled by Tolkein's own experiences in the trenches of WW1.

    Peter Jackson managed to capture most of that in the Lord of the Rings trillogy. That feeling of a lost world better than the current one. Of hopeless fights and heroics, a very Anglo-Saxon outlook of going down fighting. And it was the story of how the little guys, the everymen, were just as heroic as those with noble and ancient bloodlines.

    ROP had none of this. It's characters were badly written to the point that the elves had short hair because if you couldn't see their ears you wouldn't know they were elves. The Heroes were villians. Everyone was stupid. People survived being engulfed by a pyroclastic flow or spent long periods swimming in the ocean. Nothing had a sense of wonder. Nothing felt magical.

    Pure trash and a waste of time (Bezos can afford the money but it was still wasted).

  14. #9534

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,755
    Ending of the peripheral went quite far off-book and was pretty unsatisfying, since they are milking another season out of the same characters apparently.

  15. #9535
    August's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 10, 2019
    Posts
    789
    Wednesday is so awesome! Loved it and loved the actress.

    As an aside, I'm not liking the prevailing 8-episode format on streaming services. The old network 22-episode format meant shows explored multiple short stories in the background of a season-arc, and I love how the characters and world gets so fleshed out. It seems 8-episode shows just explore one single story, so they're like movies stretched out to 8 hours with janked story progression.

    That being said, everybody has ADHD now so good luck getting our attention for 22 eps.

  16. #9536

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    8,755
    The 22 episode seasons usually also had multiple complete filler episodes and didn't involve a month of CGI per episode.

  17. #9537
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,318
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Slow Horses season 2 started, as good as s1 so far
    Seen both episodes, this show is fantastic.
    Gotta give creds to Apple TV, they make good stuff
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

  18. #9538

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Slow Horses season 2 started, as good as s1 so far
    Seen both episodes, this show is fantastic.
    Gotta give creds to Apple TV, they make good stuff
    Apple TV amake a lot of dross, but occasionally get it right. Gary Oldman alone elevates this show from good to great.

  19. #9539

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    794
    Quote Originally Posted by August View Post
    Wednesday is so awesome! Loved it and loved the actress.

    As an aside, I'm not liking the prevailing 8-episode format on streaming services. The old network 22-episode format meant shows explored multiple short stories in the background of a season-arc, and I love how the characters and world gets so fleshed out. It seems 8-episode shows just explore one single story, so they're like movies stretched out to 8 hours with janked story progression.

    That being said, everybody has ADHD now so good luck getting our attention for 22 eps.
    It's more the BBC model. Which is only frustrating when every single episode is so good it leaves you want more.

  20. #9540
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    7,318
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •