hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 376 of 380 FirstFirst ... 276326366373374375376377378379 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,520 of 7594

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #7501

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    585



    This and better call Saul coming soon(ish)

  2. #7502
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,673

  3. #7503
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    3,338
    Avenue 5. New series on HBO. Space sit-com-ish. Dr. House is Captain of the ship. He is not very good at it.

    Its a strange mix of US classic sit-com humor and more dry British bits, I think it works quite well. Dialog is good, lol's were had.
    Will this be something you remember a year from now? No, most likely not but its easy entertainment that shines here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  4. #7504
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,673
    The 2nd half of the final season of BoJack Horseman is now available on Netflix.

  5. #7505

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,275
    Started (re)watching the first season season of West Wing. That series is over 20 years old but I'll be a damb, it's still great.

  6. #7506

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,357
    Probably outing myself as a notaste pleb (as if thats a surprise), but the animated Harley Quinn show is actually pretty funny. And definitely not for kids.

  7. #7507
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,673
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Probably outing myself as a notaste pleb (as if thats a surprise), but the animated Harley Quinn show is actually pretty funny. And definitely not for kids.
    I like the show too, which unfortunately for you does confirm that you are indeed a pleb.

  8. #7508
    Ruri's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Exclamation, USA
    Posts
    2,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Avenue 5. New series on HBO. Space sit-com-ish. Dr. House is Captain of the ship. He is not very good at it.

    Its a strange mix of US classic sit-com humor and more dry British bits, I think it works quite well. Dialog is good, lol's were had.
    Will this be something you remember a year from now? No, most likely not but its easy entertainment that shines here and there.
    It seems like it's begging for more energetic direction and camera movement, more in the Edgar Wright vein, and I wish the Judd character was a little more subtly written. But it is fun.
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

  9. #7509

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,148
    The outsider seems decent.

  10. #7510
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,607
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    The outsider seems decent.
    I get some True Detective vibes off it, with a supernatural twist.
    The volume on the suspenseful music annoys me, sub got my living room rattling to pieces.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

  11. #7511
    Armyofme's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Teddybears.
    Posts
    1,432
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    The outsider seems decent.
    The book was good, but i havent watched the series yet

    phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

  12. #7512

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    13,278
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Probably outing myself as a notaste pleb (as if thats a surprise), but the animated Harley Quinn show is actually pretty funny. And definitely not for kids.
    I like the show too, which unfortunately for you does confirm that you are indeed a pleb.
    If you want something even more shocking, new harley movie is apparently a grand time.

  13. #7513

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    4,357
    Homeland season 8? is back on. Not sure where its going yet, but the setup was pretty bonkers. Either she is being used as bait, or we have firmly arrived in lalaland.

    I liked last season due to the contemporary "hacking elections" angle, so i'll stick with this one as well for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

    If you want something even more shocking, new harley movie is apparently a grand time.
    Eh, i watched it, felt rather meh. Probably means i am just not the right audience. Although Huntress was pretty funny.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 10 2020 at 10:57:27 PM.

  14. #7514
    iLOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9, 2011
    Posts
    991
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Avenue 5. New series on HBO. Space sit-com-ish. Dr. House is Captain of the ship. He is not very good at it.

    Its a strange mix of US classic sit-com humor and more dry British bits, I think it works quite well. Dialog is good, lol's were had.
    Will this be something you remember a year from now? No, most likely not but its easy entertainment that shines here and there.
    Better enjoy this season as it's the only one we're getting.

  15. #7515
    DerWish's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Budapest
    Posts
    1,658
    Have you watched Ragnarok? Any reviews?


  16. #7516
    GeromeDoutrande's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Fakefrenchistan
    Posts
    2,673
    Altered Carbon Season 2 trailer:


  17. #7517

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    5,014
    Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Altered Carbon Season 2 trailer:
      Spoiler:


    I liked season 1. And the fact that there's these "sleeves" makes it possible for every season to have a different actor playing Kovac. That avoids those awkward scripts to replace the main character's actor, when s/he wants out of the role in RL, but the series continues.

  18. #7518
    Phrixus Zephyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Queenstown, NZ
    Posts
    3,573
    How did the first season finish? I lost interest when the writing took a nose dive, which this thread informed me was when they deviated from the book(s?)

    Snagging Antony Mackie piques my interest.

    Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

  19. #7519

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    7,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    How did the first season finish? I lost interest when the writing took a nose dive, which this thread informed me was when they deviated from the book(s?)
    The ending was basically big FU for people only watching the series, as it showed kovac putting several things together with never before seen scenes containing the said things to put together. The good old "here is a surprise twist in the end, bet you didn't see this coming! oh, we kinda forgot to actually show the things hinting at this to you in the first place.."

  20. #7520
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    31,866
    The entire second half was a big solid egg of fuck alright.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •