hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 376 of 380 FirstFirst ... 276326366373374375376377378379 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,520 of 7594

Thread: The TV Thread

This and better call Saul coming soon(ish)

Avenue 5. New series on HBO. Space sit-com-ish. Dr. House is Captain of the ship. He is not very good at it.

Its a strange mix of US classic sit-com humor and more dry British bits, I think it works quite well. Dialog is good, lol's were had.
    Will this be something you remember a year from now? No, most likely not but its easy entertainment that shines here and there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

The 2nd half of the final season of BoJack Horseman is now available on Netflix.

Started (re)watching the first season season of West Wing. That series is over 20 years old but I'll be a damb, it's still great.

Probably outing myself as a notaste pleb (as if thats a surprise), but the animated Harley Quinn show is actually pretty funny. And definitely not for kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Probably outing myself as a notaste pleb (as if thats a surprise), but the animated Harley Quinn show is actually pretty funny. And definitely not for kids.
    I like the show too, which unfortunately for you does confirm that you are indeed a pleb.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Avenue 5. New series on HBO. Space sit-com-ish. Dr. House is Captain of the ship. He is not very good at it.

Its a strange mix of US classic sit-com humor and more dry British bits, I think it works quite well. Dialog is good, lol's were had.
    Will this be something you remember a year from now? No, most likely not but its easy entertainment that shines here and there.
    It seems like it's begging for more energetic direction and camera movement, more in the Edgar Wright vein, and I wish the Judd character was a little more subtly written. But it is fun.
    This is worse than I thought, there's no butter in my coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

The outsider seems decent.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    I get some True Detective vibes off it, with a supernatural twist.
    The volume on the suspenseful music annoys me, sub got my living room rattling to pieces.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    The book was good, but i havent watched the series yet

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I like the show too, which unfortunately for you does confirm that you are indeed a pleb.
    If you want something even more shocking, new harley movie is apparently a grand time.

Homeland season 8? is back on. Not sure where its going yet, but the setup was pretty bonkers. Either she is being used as bait, or we have firmly arrived in lalaland.

I liked last season due to the contemporary "hacking elections" angle, so i'll stick with this one as well for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

If you want something even more shocking, new harley movie is apparently a grand time.
    Eh, i watched it, felt rather meh. Probably means i am just not the right audience. Although Huntress was pretty funny.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; February 10 2020 at 10:57:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

Better enjoy this season as it's the only one we're getting.

Have you watched Ragnarok? Any reviews?

Altered Carbon Season 2 trailer:

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Altered Carbon Season 2 trailer:
      Spoiler:

I liked season 1. And the fact that there's these "sleeves" makes it possible for every season to have a different actor playing Kovac. That avoids those awkward scripts to replace the main character's actor, when s/he wants out of the role in RL, but the series continues.

How did the first season finish? I lost interest when the writing took a nose dive, which this thread informed me was when they deviated from the book(s?)

Snagging Antony Mackie piques my interest.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    How did the first season finish? I lost interest when the writing took a nose dive, which this thread informed me was when they deviated from the book(s?)
    The ending was basically big FU for people only watching the series, as it showed kovac putting several things together with never before seen scenes containing the said things to put together. The good old "here is a surprise twist in the end, bet you didn't see this coming! oh, we kinda forgot to actually show the things hinting at this to you in the first place.."

The entire second half was a big solid egg of fuck alright.