hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 427 of 443 FirstFirst ... 327377417424425426427428429430437 ... LastLast
Results 8,521 to 8,540 of 8842

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post
    Ugh i had forgotten about Tales from the loop, what a shitshow. So much wasted potential.

Hrm, episode 1 of Loki felt like a discount Legion, somehow. I like Tom and Owen, and the 1950's Aperture Lab aesthetic, but there was a worrying amount of exposition in this pilot. I guess I'll see if it improves, but I want to be more excited for it than I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.

Flatbush Misdemeanors is quite hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Hrm, episode 1 of Loki felt like a discount Legion, somehow. I like Tom and Owen, and the 1950's Aperture Lab aesthetic, but there was a worrying amount of exposition in this pilot. I guess I'll see if it improves, but I want to be more excited for it than I am.
    Agreed. All the "Avengers Greatest Hits" was boring. The only remotely interesting part was the conclusion to the conversation with Owen Wilson. Action fell flat, jokes didnt land (except "whats a fish?"), aesthetics didnt blow me away either.

Might get more interesting once the plot actually starts happening, but this episode felt like Marvel Formula by committee. Above all, for a guy whos supposed to be smart, Loki behaved like a troglodyte all throughout. All fish out of water, grrr must mash, give me my shiny, etc. pp.

And i am 100% sure that they dont have the balls to pull off what Legion did.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; June 10 2021 at 11:43:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I have started watching Counterpart. Two JK Simmons for the price of one.

Its pretty good so far, although a very slow burn. The only thing im worried about is that it might not have gotten a conclusion, since it apparently got cancelled.
    Real good shit, i'm only 3 episodes in but it sure isn't slow.

Trailer for second season of See appeared on my feed. Didn't even know there was a season 1. Is this a show worth watching ? the production values look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Trailer for second season of See appeared on my feed. Didn't even know there was a season 1. Is this a show worth watching ? the production values look good.
    Utter thrash

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    I have started watching Counterpart. Two JK Simmons for the price of one.

Its pretty good so far, although a very slow burn. The only thing im worried about is that it might not have gotten a conclusion, since it apparently got cancelled.
    Real good shit, i'm only 3 episodes in but it sure isn't slow.
    It picks up, but spends a while building new mysteries before it gets to the meat of it.

I can also confirm that the ending is thoroughly satisfying (to me), and more of a "last minute twist" than a cliffhanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Agreed. All the "Avengers Greatest Hits" was boring. The only remotely interesting part was the conclusion to the conversation with Owen Wilson. Action fell flat, jokes didnt land (except "whats a fish?"), aesthetics didnt blow me away either.

Might get more interesting once the plot actually starts happening, but this episode felt like Marvel Formula by committee. Above all, for a guy whos supposed to be smart, Loki behaved like a troglodyte all throughout. All fish out of water, grrr must mash, give me my shiny, etc. pp.

And i am 100% sure that they dont have the balls to pull off what Legion did.
    Accurate.

Episode one was totally uninspiring. I'm only interested in ep 2 to find out if it gets any better.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

filming for last season of The Expanse has wrapped , so only another 10-12 months till we get to see it.

Bosch SO7 is out, watch it
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    Sadly the last season
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    Sadly the last season
    The show made me to read the books again.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Lupin S2 is out, want to watch but currently I'm watching Legion S2 and have put it off for over a year so want to just focus on that. Hope Lupin is good though.

Mr inbetween season 3 currently and its still going stronk

Gesendet von meinem M2012K11AG mit Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Mr inbetween season 3 currently and its still going stronk
    Confirming

Shadow & Bone on Netflix is actually really good. 4 eps in and yeah...Well made, good actors, good story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Shadow & Bone on Netflix is actually really good. 4 eps in and yeah...Well made, good actors, good story.
    Just too much useless love archs, and the ending for the season wasn't that good. Flawed but watchable.

the Nevers was promising but fell really flat in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Just too much useless love archs, and the ending for the season wasn't that good. Flawed but watchable.

the Nevers was promising but fell really flat in the end.

I have to disagree on Nevers, think its quite good overall.

Shadow & Bone has nice production values, script is not great for adults but if i where a kid i would love it all.
    I assume it just means im not the target audience anymore :P

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Shadow & Bone has nice production values, script is not great for adults but if i where a kid i would love it all.
    I assume it just means im not the target audience anymore :P
    Your mind has turned old and grumpy.
    But I can see it, I think it so far balances right on the edge and does it very well and I think the actors delivers it in the right way.
    The fun bits and comments work, as they are but very short moments in characters very real struggles and sudden chances of pretty horrible deaths (there has been a couple of note tbh).

I'll probably work through it this weekend and see if it holds up for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.