Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    His Dark Materials is back!
    woooooooooooooooooooo

noice

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    His Dark Materials is back!
    Sweeeet!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Dont know why, but Fargo S4 didnt really pull me in. Does it get fun later on?

S1-3 were great for the absurdity of it all, maybe thats what was missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Dont know why, but Fargo S4 didnt really pull me in. Does it get fun later on?

S1-3 were great for the absurdity of it all, maybe thats what was missing.
    I watched 2 episodes and bounced off it.

For me it lacked the humor and charm of the previous seasons. It felt more like a so-so gangster series.

I like but do not love Fargo S4 yet, but I really think S2 was by far my favorite so far, if not one of my favorite series of episodes of all television i've ever watched. S4 feels like if the last two episodes connect the dots, it could be good, but it's not really done that yet, and it's still excellent television, just not the high peaks of the rest.

On the other hand, holy shit Queen's Gambit, what an excellent and well rounded show. Just finished episode 5, it has exceeded my expectations. I hope for more limited series like this. I've always had a thing for girls that look like Taylor-Joy, but her character is also so well balanced and fun to watch that even if it was a wet paper bag I'd probably still enjoy the arc. It doesn't say much about TV that I was expecting so many dumb tropes and was stunned to not see them crop up at all so far. Limited series like this, amongst others like Watchmen or Chernobyl or short sets like Dark have been my favorite things on TV, and even Fargo being an anthology seem to work really well with the new level of quality you can get out of TV. I haven't seen a movie in a bit that's done as good a job with storytelling as these shows have in the past 10 years. The world may be turning to shit, but there are some real gems made by human beings still.

Confirming Queen's Gambit was really good.

I started playing chess again and I'm pretty sure 10 year old me would completely destroy me. Adult life definitely makes you retarded.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

queens gambit good
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Confirming Queen's Gambit was really good.

I started playing chess again and I'm pretty sure 10 year old me would completely destroy me. Adult life definitely makes you retarded.
    I actually played chess in school on a low level amateur league, then i came across my Latin teacher who played blind against me and beat me to a pulp... what a show off.
    I played on but the upcoming internet was a downer, everybody seemed to use chess programs or i'm just too dumb. Anyway still have my chess board, clock and occasionally i play offline against some old friends, calling it a chess party but it's more an excuse to gather and drink.

In that sense the Queen's gambit was an extra nice surprise.
    Last edited by Jori McKie; November 12 2020 at 02:37:15 PM.

Mehdalorian season 2 has been really really weak compared to the first one so far.

The Kraytdragon in ep1 gave me flashbacks to when I used to play SWG, so it was a 10/10 episode for me on sentimental value alone

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    The Kraytdragon in ep1 gave me flashbacks to when I used to play SWG, so it was a 10/10 episode for me on sentimental value alone
    same.

bit bigger and higher res than even my rose tinted glasses would have me believe though

I was disappointed the Krayt Dragon was a giant worm

Apparently there is panic over at Disney, as ratings and views of the now aptly named Mehdalorian is in free fall compared to Season 1.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Ep3 was better.

We got a decent guest star, some details about the nu-canon Mandalorian backstory and the Imperial Remnant plot is moving along again.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Apparently there is panic over at Disney, as ratings and views of the now aptly named Mehdalorian is in free fall compared to Season 1.
    If Disney panics over one single show getting lower ratings in a followup season, probably through no fault of its own, then Shitney+ must be in worse condition than i thought.

Would a "flagship show" floundering be a disaster for Netflix? I wouldnt think so, Stranger Things has been getting progressively more meh for example, but they push so many different products that it doesnt really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

If Disney panics over one single show getting lower ratings in a followup season, probably through no fault of its own, then Shitney+ must be in worse condition than i thought.

Would a "flagship show" floundering be a disaster for Netflix? I wouldnt think so, Stranger Things has been getting progressively more meh for example, but they push so many different products that it doesnt really matter.
    Disney is loosing money on every division atm. Cruise ships are dead for the foreseeable future. The parks are closed. Movie theatres are closed. They ruined the star wars franchise to the point that even average stuff like Mandalorian can't pull viewers. Mulan bombed even in China. The MU has been stripped mined down to the mantle. They paid way to much for the 20th Century Fox movie catalogue. And they owe 50+ billion dollars.
    Last edited by Maximillian; November 14 2020 at 04:57:50 AM.

Yes I'm sure Disney will not make it through the year lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Yes I'm sure Disney will not make it through the year lol.
    Disney is the definition of too big to fail. Once a multinational owes 50 billion they will be lent more and more money simply to maintain the illusion that the 50 billion isn't bad debt. Sunk Cost fallacy at its finest.

Iger will still get his 40 million a year so everything is fine. Sucks if you are one of the 20,000+ layoffs though.