hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 313 of 313 FirstFirst ... 213263303310311312313
Results 6,241 to 6,250 of 6250

Thread: The TV Thread

  1. #6241
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    21,437
    I'm afraid it's not just the opening theme... :/
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

  2. #6242
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Archer: Dangerzone Island, fuckyeah
    I'm always on board for more Archer, but am I alone in feeling like the opening theme song this season is a bit flat?

    Also, Westworld Season 2. Production values, acting, music, overall story are all still v. strong. BUT,

      Spoiler:
    First off, the assault on the conferderale's fort. No security or warfighting professional who was worth more than a fucking dime would have just head-on marched a dozen or so people with SMG's on foot (or in ATVs) to siege an unknown number of berserk robots with proven lethal rifles behind a multi-layered barricade. It reminded me of my biggest suspension-of-disbelief moment in season 1, when QA - presumably a well paid and well equipped professional security force tasked with preventing a Killer Robot Uprising - was shown to be inept on a scale not seen since the stormtroopers on the Death Star in Episode IV. There's a reason we as a species invented artillery, and drones, and missiles, and APCs, and machine guns, and any number of other tools of war that would have rendered that little adobe Alamo into a goddamned smoking hole in the ground. Shit, you want me to believe that Davos couldn't give their guys a couple goddamn grenade launchers? Cripes.

    Second, every twist so far this season has resulted in a "oh, of course" instead of a "holy shit no way!" from my analyst-brain. I don't know if they're being more obvious, or if I'm just now expecting everything to be a big tweest so when it actually happens the impact isn't v. great.
    Agreed on WW Season 2.
    I think it is pretty weak.

  3. #6243

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Pizza delivery van
    Posts
    5,978
    The fourth episode was way better than the three first episodes, but yeah, somehow doesn't pull me in as well as the first season.

  4. #6244
    VARRAKK's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 27, 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    5,003
    I've just seen first two so far, and in no hurry to catch up.
    Binge watched Bosch instead this weekend, so good!

  5. #6245

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,710
    While The Walking Dead really has gone down the drain over the previous seasons and IMHO only Jeffrey Dean Morgan's acting (and Lennie James' to an extend, but I don't like how they handled Morgan's character development(? if you want to call it that)) kept it from being sacked, I still enjoy Fear of the Walking Dead. I like how the characters develop there, I like how they handle Morgan's cross-series transition. I like the new character John, because...
      Spoiler:

    ...he's relatable. He's a "good guy". He has no "evil twist" (yet - and I hope it stays that way). His ticks - that /words/speaking to humans thing and his dislike to use guns) are believable and as of now aren't extrems like we've seen with e.g. Morgan, who went from totally not-gonna-kill-anyone-no-matter-what to full-out-Rambo-on-a-rampage and back again.


    I also like that in FOTWD they kept that...
      Spoiler:

    ...main characters being killed in almost the most profan ways/situations possible, without big tension-building upfront and therefore "I saw that coming" feeling. This way it's much more surprising and therefore entertaining and makes you reimaging what you previously predicted how things will turn out. Add to that the vagueness of Madison's destiny up until now. I hope they keep it that way.

  6. #6246
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    469
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I've just seen first two so far, and in no hurry to catch up.
    Binge watched Bosch instead this weekend, so good!
    I gotta say some parts of WW are fucking amazing. Episode 4 was full of great moments with Ed Harris.

  7. #6247
    Lowa [NSN]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14, 2011
    Posts
    2,835
    Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Archer: Dangerzone Island, fuckyeah
    I'm always on board for more Archer, but am I alone in feeling like the opening theme song this season is a bit flat?

    Also, Westworld Season 2. Production values, acting, music, overall story are all still v. strong. BUT,

      Spoiler:
    First off, the assault on the conferderale's fort. No security or warfighting professional who was worth more than a fucking dime would have just head-on marched a dozen or so people with SMG's on foot (or in ATVs) to siege an unknown number of berserk robots with proven lethal rifles behind a multi-layered barricade. It reminded me of my biggest suspension-of-disbelief moment in season 1, when QA - presumably a well paid and well equipped professional security force tasked with preventing a Killer Robot Uprising - was shown to be inept on a scale not seen since the stormtroopers on the Death Star in Episode IV. There's a reason we as a species invented artillery, and drones, and missiles, and APCs, and machine guns, and any number of other tools of war that would have rendered that little adobe Alamo into a goddamned smoking hole in the ground. Shit, you want me to believe that Davos couldn't give their guys a couple goddamn grenade launchers? Cripes.

    Second, every twist so far this season has resulted in a "oh, of course" instead of a "holy shit no way!" from my analyst-brain. I don't know if they're being more obvious, or if I'm just now expecting everything to be a big tweest so when it actually happens the impact isn't v. great.
    Agreed on WW Season 2.
    I think it is pretty weak.
    Agreed on the Spoiled part, worst private army ever. That said, I think its far from weak, quite the opposite imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

  8. #6248
    evil edna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    5,387
    Im still enjoying Westworld season 2 a lot, its probably not quite as good as season 1 so far but that was setting an insanely high bar. Ed Harris is killing it though

  9. #6249
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    While The Walking Dead really has gone down the drain over the previous seasons and IMHO only Jeffrey Dean Morgan's acting (and Lennie James' to an extend, but I don't like how they handled Morgan's character development(? if you want to call it that)) kept it from being sacked, I still enjoy Fear of the Walking Dead. I like how the characters develop there, I like how they handle Morgan's cross-series transition. I like the new character John, because...
      Spoiler:

    ...he's relatable. He's a "good guy". He has no "evil twist" (yet - and I hope it stays that way). His ticks - that /words/speaking to humans thing and his dislike to use guns) are believable and as of now aren't extrems like we've seen with e.g. Morgan, who went from totally not-gonna-kill-anyone-no-matter-what to full-out-Rambo-on-a-rampage and back again.


    I also like that in FOTWD they kept that...
      Spoiler:

    ...main characters being killed in almost the most profan ways/situations possible, without big tension-building upfront and therefore "I saw that coming" feeling. This way it's much more surprising and therefore entertaining and makes you reimaging what you previously predicted how things will turn out. Add to that the vagueness of Madison's destiny up until now. I hope they keep it that way.
    They followed the comic material too closely.

    The cycle of run->find shelter->fight assholes->zombies come->run was only interesting once.

    Some progression in the world would've been nice. Politics between post-apocalyptic city states would've been neat, exploring changes in society, law, and military as well. But that was put on the backburner for the comic material which is honestly pretty forgettable.

  10. #6250
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,860
    Yeah i and many others said many times before the lack of progression, evolution, is pretty dumb. That is only reinforced by seeing the real life Mad Max style of creativity in the arab world after the Spring.

    Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    The foundation has no Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.
    1. Dr. Bright is not allowed to found a new Mobile Task Force dedicated to the capture and containment of forum trolls.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •