hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 415 of 419 FirstFirst ... 315365405412413414415416417418 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,300 of 8370

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    One of my favourite SG1 episodes is when he gets stuck in some pocket-dimension of peaceful farmers, and the larger part of the episode is him getting to grips with being trapped / falling in love with a widow. Thats how you do a good bottle episode, simple concept, clean execution. Plus, it was a good mix of serialized content and these standalone moments. Often, things that you thought would be a one-off ended up showing up again later on. Like the guy from outer space who hilariously got brainwashed into believing he was some common shmuck with UFO fantasies. Not high concept, but fun.
    It was just a regular planet where the gate had been buried from a meteor strike but yeah, good episode which meshed in well with character and world building. They also reused that episode/experience when O'Neill infiltrates and brings down a NID operation working off world.

Big SG1 fan here.

History of Swear words on Netflix. Nicolas Cage hosting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Mitchell & Webb sitcom Back is err, back, later this month...

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...-booze-twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    That was an extremely well written and laboriously researched review. Wow.

new season of American Gods

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Coutu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    That was an extremely well written and laboriously researched review. Wow.
    Definitely on par with your posting, I have sadly reviewed enough of those to know!

But yes, I kinda missed editing that post for some reason.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

A show aired, it also streamed.

Am I doing it right?

A new series of Grand Designs is on to make Brits wonder what sort of old money these people come from to finance massive barn renovations with family loans or how the fuck a retired [insert now minimum wage paying job] can remortgage a 5 bedroom house in a market town to build an eco-mansion in the middle of a John Constable landscape.

The architecture and second hand rage at council planning departments makes it good telly though.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Looks fun.

I started Lupin but it wasnt quite as fun as i thought. Sure, there is the heist component, but its wrapped in a lot of drama and social commentary.

Wandavision came out, first two episodes pretty charming although, in contrast, pretty devoid of any meaning. They hit the Pleasantville/Stepford Wifes creepy comedy well, but the Marvel baggage weights it down (imo).

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Wandavision came out, first two episodes pretty charming although, in contrast, pretty devoid of any meaning. They hit the Pleasantville/Stepford Wifes creepy comedy well, but the Marvel baggage weights it down (imo).
    I haven't seen Wandavision but I saw a review that said that the third episode changes things up markedly and was the point where he went from meh to I want to watch this.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    A new series of Grand Designs is on to make Brits wonder what sort of old money these people come from to finance massive barn renovations with family loans or how the fuck a retired [insert now minimum wage paying job] can remortgage a 5 bedroom house in a market town to build an eco-mansion in the middle of a John Constable landscape.

The architecture and second hand rage at council planning departments makes it good telly though.
    Watching rich people waste money on useless structures has been largely torture tv, would have to be making something truly remarkable to watch that brand of tv

These home renovation shows watch like science fiction or fantasy tbh.

Good watch! Only 4 episodes

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    These home renovation shows watch like science fiction or fantasy tbh.
    Dave is a part time delivery driver working twenty hours a week, his partner Wendy does casual work as a chicken eutheniser at a local abattoir... They have a budget of £400k for their dream home...

I haven't seen WandaVision at all yet, but just because of the art direction, it's on my must watch list. If not legally, this will be the first time I will torrent something in last 3-4 years. Well done Disney and congratulations on making shows, that are already dubbed in languages, where your streaming platform is not legally available.
    Last edited by rufuske; January 16 2021 at 12:29:40 AM.

Season 3 of Disenchantment out on Netflix. 3 eps in, just as good as before!

I can't even remember if I've seen season 2 or not (probably) so I guess I'll need to re-watch.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Looks fun.
    Looks like a remake of a veeeryyy old one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ad...%C3%A8ne_Lupin

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Looks fun.
    Looks like a remake of a veeeryyy old one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ad...%C3%A8ne_Lupin
    It watched it.

It's fine, nothing really groundbreaking.