hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 362 of 367 FirstFirst ... 262312352359360361362363364365 ... LastLast
Results 7,221 to 7,240 of 7332

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

Thanks to Trump, everything is fucking political now.
    Imagine complaining about this show when there's an entire catalog of marvel movies and shows to watch

Literally.
    Last edited by Isyel; November 6 2019 at 12:24:00 AM.

The year is 2177

much of the planet is a barren, radioactive wasteland

the survivors take shelter in the so called megacities

rampant with hunger, disease and crime.

As the elite look down upon the rat maze from their stronghold of luxury

a handful of brave men, women and attack helicopters are still fighting against color-based discrimination they believe to exist.

Welcome to the Night City.

cue Hyper - Spoiler
    Last edited by RazoR; November 6 2019 at 12:16:23 AM.

Or you could watch a good TV series and stop fucking whinging like the soap doused sponges you lot are.

Quote Originally Posted by Venec View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Watchmen is getting very good now, show is a slow cooker.
    Loving this show, seen two original Watchmen so far.
    oh? worth a watch then?

I saw a few reviews and was put off by them appearently trying to make a watchmen series without any watchmen in it, with terrible illogical writing and set in modern times instead of the 80s. Also there was something about SJW agendas and stuff, but I never know when to take those complains seriously.
    If anyone rants about sjws and their agendas you can ignore it by default because they dumb.
    Well, the topic in the old watchmen was nuclear war. And its imminent threat.
    In the show its racism. So yeah, a SJW agenda.

I thought it was about a lot of things, like predatory capitalism, racism and other stuff. Never read the comics, but I'm following discussions on it.

And a lot of more serious culture works were, are and will be deeply political. Now more and more people are just attuned to seeing this because we're living in the time in between eras, culture and politics are shifting. Status quo is falling apart, new one hasn't been born yet and so on.
    (Disclaimer: havn't seen anything, but looking forward for it to become available here in Europe somehow)

Ars' review describes this as "trading the Cold War for the Culture War", which fits your description perfectly.

Coming up with a 3rd generation of Watchmen seems a good idea to both circumvent Moore's rants (will happen anyway) and avoiding mciroscopic nuances between comic and show being overanalyzed and shitstormed by die-hard comic fans (will also happen anyway).

I honestly think it’s a little boring, but ho hum.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    oh? worth a watch then?

I saw a few reviews and was put off by them appearently trying to make a watchmen series without any watchmen in it, with terrible illogical writing and set in modern times instead of the 80s. Also there was something about SJW agendas and stuff, but I never know when to take those complains seriously.
    If anyone rants about sjws and their agendas you can ignore it by default because they dumb.

I thought it was about a lot of things, like predatory capitalism, racism and other stuff. Never read the comics, but I'm following discussions on it.

And a lot of more serious culture works were, are and will be deeply political. Now more and more people are just attuned to seeing this because we're living in the time in between eras, culture and politics are shifting. Status quo is falling apart, new one hasn't been born yet and so on.
    (Disclaimer: havn't seen anything, but looking forward for it to become available here in Europe somehow)

Ars' review describes this as "trading the Cold War for the Culture War", which fits your description perfectly.

Coming up with a 3rd generation of Watchmen seems a good idea to both circumvent Moore's rants (will happen anyway) and avoiding mciroscopic nuances between comic and show being overanalyzed and shitstormed by die-hard comic fans (will also happen anyway).
    After what they did to League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and From Hell he has all the right to rant as much as he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    oh? worth a watch then?

After what they did to League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and From Hell he has all the right to rant as much as he wants.
    I don't deny him the right to rant. It's his creation after all.

However, I am not a huge comic fan - I prefer books, but Watchmen is one of the few comics I own and love. And at the same time Watchmen is one of my favorite movies. And from the looks of it, I will enjoy the series, too. Looking at all those rants comic vs. movie (and now series), it seems that's something which is strictly verboten!.

I liked the Watchmen movie. The ads for the show doesn't seem to have anything whatsoever to do with the movie or the characters in the movie. What is the link then? Or is this just name and "universe" reuse because loloriginalitynope?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    You (Isyel) are at the ranking top of all the other users in here that consistently just dishes out insults without any other content. You had it coming. Take it like a man and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Just in case this isn't clear by now (and it really shouldn't be necessary to point out, you're all grownups) saying that people should be killed because of their political or religious convictions IS NOT FUCKING OK. Tempban handed out in the movie thread. Apply a minimum of self control ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    I liked the Watchmen movie. The ads for the show doesn't seem to have anything whatsoever to do with the movie or the characters in the movie. What is the link then? Or is this just name and "universe" reuse because loloriginalitynope?
    New timeline, I guess over the first season we will see a new Watchmen generation being born.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    New timeline, I guess over the first season we will see a new Watchmen generation being born.
    That's also my understanding from what I've read. As mentoined, it's the 3rd generation of Watchmen (comic and movie were about the 2nd generation, but also deal with the 1st generation), who are basically cops with costumes, due to a legislation act to protect cops from harrasment. Although 2nd generation Watchmen characters seem to appear in the series, too.

I just want to say that Jeremy Irons is the best thing that has ever happened to comic book adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    I just want to say that Karl Urban is the best thing that has ever happened to comic book adaptation.

Daybreak (Netflix) is fucking funny, just watch it.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

The kids’ show?

Finally got around to binge Dark Matter that was mentioned a couple hundred posts ago and loved the first season, enjoyed the second and tolerated the third. Wish they'd cut down various plots by 2/3's and fleshed them out properly instead.

Also I couldn't place the actress that played Five, that was weirdly familiar, until I did an IMDB check and realized she was in maybe 1-2 minutes in total in a Stargate SG:1 episode. Mindworm thankfully eradicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    The kids’ show?
    Thats that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Finally got around to binge Dark Matter that was mentioned a couple hundred posts ago and loved the first season, enjoyed the second and tolerated the third. Wish they'd cut down various plots by 2/3's and fleshed them out properly instead.

Also I couldn't place the actress that played Five, that was weirdly familiar, until I did an IMDB check and realized she was in maybe 1-2 minutes in total in a Stargate SG:1 episode. Mindworm thankfully eradicated.
    Dark Matter fell off a cliff tbh. From premier show to Wormhole Extreme. I did enjoy the Groundhog Day episode in season 3 tho.

Im 3 episodes deep into Watchmen, i really like it. The huge blue dildo had me in stitches. Also interesting spin on the whole masked vigilante theme, that works with the comics setting without being slavishly beholden to it.
    Just hoping Lindeloff doesnt fuck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    The kids’ show?
    Thats that one.
    It's largely shite, ocassionally funny when it takes the piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    There's a 3rd season? It popped up on Amazon Prime a couple of weeks ago and just like you, due to it being mentioned here, I watched it. But there's only 2 seasons on Amazon :consfused:.