hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 433 of 443 FirstFirst ... 333383423430431432433434435436 ... LastLast
Results 8,641 to 8,660 of 8846

Thread: The TV Thread

Google suggests "puff" (not the German noun) as one of the terms for "antonym of hype", so that is how I feel about this

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Google suggests "puff" (not the German noun) [...]
    Which of the two quite very different nouns had you in mind?

the very different one obviously

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Needs more TARDIS.

Just because I like to hate on this the one thing in this trailer that made me go "aaw fuck this gonna be shit" is that they seemingly tried to make the Iron throne bigger and badass to match some criticism for it being waaaay to small in GoT and...its still looks pitiful, even worse than earlier tbh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Just because I like to hate on this the one thing in this trailer that made me go "aaw fuck this gonna be shit" is that they seemingly tried to make the Iron throne bigger and badass to match some criticism for it being waaaay to small in GoT and...its still looks pitiful, even worse than earlier tbh.
    tbh, GOT with the "season that shall not be named" killed all interest in the entire thing.

Heres hoping Dragon Reborn wont be total shit (it prob will), but at least it will be a new disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    tbh, GOT with the "season that shall not be named" killed all interest in the entire thing.
    Truly, I think (well, I know and so does the world tbh) that is the bottom line. They fucked it up so bad they killed every ounce of interest in anything remotely connected, hell I even believe they set back the entire fantasy genre.
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

on the other side we may get to see Harrenhall burn. Imagine spending all your money on the world's best castle for a dragon to show up right after completion and burn it to the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    Truly, I think (well, I know and so does the world tbh) that is the bottom line. They fucked it up so bad they killed every ounce of interest in anything remotely connected, hell I even believe they set back the entire fantasy genre.
    Doubtful they fucked the genre up, people still loved the show up until those morons took over the story

There are a lot of normies who didn't hate the last season as well.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

I find that quite fascinating: we had six seasons of what often is considered to be one of the pinnacles of TV series. And one underwhelming season. And that does undo all of the greatness we got before?

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    I find that quite fascinating: we had six seasons of what often is considered to be one of the pinnacles of TV series. And one underwhelming season. And that does undo all of the greatness we got before?
    The last two seasons were both bad, but only the last one was abysmal. The teleporting started before the final fiasko. And a botched ending to a story can and will ruin the whole experience, as that is what people remember and what brings them conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    The last two seasons were both bad, but only the last one was abysmal. The teleporting started before the final fiasko. And a botched ending to a story can and will ruin the whole experience, as that is what people remember and what brings them conclusion.
    At least with the wheel of time series they actually do get teleporting in the later books. (Please don't suck)

shooting a dragon out of the sky with a massive crossbow on a boat and being able to even aim the thing. topkek.
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

And that does undo all of the greatness we got before?
    Not only what came before it seems, half way into that trailer i realized i no longer have any interest in the GOT universe as a whole and couldnt be bothered even finish the rest of the trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    shooting a dragon out of the sky with a massive crossbow on a boat and being able to even aim the thing. topkek.
    Fascinating ... we're in a totally made up fanatsy world with dragons, some kind of ice lichs and zombies and that's just vOv.

But then they apperently got the fucking ballistics of a crossbow shot wrong. HOW DARE THEY, BURN 'EM AT THE STAKES!

If we would apply the same rigor to judging e.g. ST:TNG, it probably would come away as one of the worst shows ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    At least with the wheel of time series they actually do get teleporting in the later books. (Please don't suck)
    I was surprised that it showed up on Amazon here in Germany yesterday. I haven't kept track of its release schedule, but if you would have asked me when it'll be there, my gut feeling would have been "somewhen in mid/late 2022". I haven't watched it yet, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NoirAvlaa View Post
    Fascinating ... we're in a totally made up fanatsy world with dragons, some kind of ice lichs and zombies and that's just vOv.

But then they apperently got the fucking ballistics of a crossbow shot wrong. HOW DARE THEY, BURN 'EM AT THE STAKES!

If we would apply the same rigor to judging e.g. ST:TNG, it probably would come away as one of the worst shows ever made.
    Not really, it's just fucking stupid is all, a dragon that can fly really high and is being used for scouting can't see and entire fleet, and then dies from 1 shot from a floating moving ballista. There's plenty of ways they could've killed this dragon, this was just dumb.

I was surprised that it showed up on Amazon here in Germany yesterday. I haven't kept track of its release schedule, but if you would have asked me when it'll be there, my gut feeling would have been "somewhen in mid/late 2022". I haven't watched it yet, though.
    Wait...the full episode(s)? Or just the teaser? I have not googled it now but I was sure it had a 2022 date on it?

Watching 'The Morning show' with Jenifer Aniston and Reese Witherspoon. yes yes my gf got me on it.

On S1 ep3 and i am liking it, fukin power women at play and a good take on me2 (Steve Carel as the culprit).

I guess its shot in 8k or something, the upclose wrinkles and blamishes on faces are very real and its a odd thing to see in a tv show.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..