hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 431 of 443 FirstFirst ... 331381421428429430431432433434441 ... LastLast
Results 8,601 to 8,620 of 8846

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    It was out august 24. Anybody seen it yet?
    Seen the first two episodes, without knowing the source material. Its okay, nice production values. Not sure what to make of the plot, it seems to like throwing up more questions than answers.

Spoiler:
    What was that stuff with waking up during ftl transit? What is the monolith doing on the planet, when its only 35 years later (and the expedition seems fucked as of cliffhanger e2)? Why are people discussing ethics of an on-board pregnancy when genetic immortality is a thing?

Why do they have a swimming pool on a starship, is she taking a dip in people's drinking water? Come to think of it, why the hell do they have a laundry division in a civilization capable of interstellar flight? edit: and capable of ANTIGRAVITY, holy fuck.

I fear the Lost syndrome, where the writers think intrigue is more interesting than resolution, so nothing is ever allowed to progress.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 24 2021 at 05:35:17 PM.

It seems to be following the source material pretty closely, so no fear of the lost syndrome so far. Seems really promising to me, no sign of the flashy action packed feeling from the trailer, just slow worldbuilding and discussions. Rumor is that the series was at least pitched as a 8 season 80 episode epic to Apple, we shall see how many episodes we get, the book trilogy at least has pretty huge amount of content to use.

And the book series is mostly about
      Spoiler:
    The ways of the predictions fail and how the Galactic Encyclopedia Foundation works to preserve the knowledge. Like most Asimov's books the Foundation series also works with setting up rules and then seeing how they might fail (the robot series are the clearest example of this).
    Last edited by depili; September 24 2021 at 09:51:43 PM.

So, Foundation. 20 minutes into first episode and I'm really not liking what's going on with the setting. First, why the Kryptonians as "genetic dynasty", there is 0 base material for that in the books. And as far as I remember the books (I've read "Forward" only once, others numerous times) Seldon managed to get "functional working relations" with various emperors as he did his 50+ year prep to establish encyclopedists on Terminus. No capricious god emperrors randomly executing their artists for crime of reading Seldon's publications.

At least we get to see "Starship and the sun" in non fan media.

I'm just sad that they killed off their best actor so quickly, although the emperor dude gives him a run for his money in a different way, with his heavy chewing of the scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I'm just sad that they killed off their best actor so quickly, although the emperor dude gives him a run for his money in a different way, with his heavy chewing of the scenery.
    In the original stories Seldon is there just in prologue and then as a long dead hologram giving lectures at every Crisis. Of course they could have chosen to start from the Prelude and work from there, but then they would need multiple actors for Seldon. And they would have to cast Dors.

Edit. Watched both. Not as bad as I feared. But really adding too many plot lines out of thin air.

And yeey for gender swapped R Daneel Olivav.
    Last edited by dzajic; September 25 2021 at 12:56:37 AM.

I seen both (even subscribed for it), i thought it was pretty good.
    Im interested in seeing what comes next, i havent read the books so im not in conflict due to that

Spoiler:
    Im pretty sure the outer worlds was set up thought.. Obviously they would knoe about empires response and seems wholly unprepared for it.
    i also got the feeling the Obelisk predates the establishment of the Foundation on Terminus (but it might have been known to be there)

Some bits from a Netflix "fan event"

Cowboy Bebop opening credits:

Sandman trailer:

Bridgerton season 2 first look:

If they fuck up CB i will be very annoyed.

That being said, I don't hate the trailer.

In my book we already have the perfect version (and amount) of Cowboy Bebop, so this new series is just a sort of bonus. Does look better than I thought though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    If they fuck up CB i will be very annoyed.

That being said, I don't hate the trailer.
    Weebs are already collectively loosing it. It will be worth it just for that.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    It really looks really really nice... December cant come fast enough.

In my book we already have the perfect version (and amount) of Cowboy Bebop, so this new series is just a sort of bonus. Does look better than I thought though.
    This, minus the "looks good". Judging from the trailer, its a straight up live-action remake, so i dont really see the point. Vicious, Julia, the weird clown guy with the gun umbrella etc pp. Also, all the wigs look really bad.

The only saving grace is that i rewatched the Nu-trek movies the past few days and really liked the actor who's doing Spike now.

e: Also, the way Faye was hypersexualized in the anime might not fly in a live-action adaptation, in this day and age.

Witcher trailer is 80% recut of old scenes, not really what i would call indicative of the next season either way. But hell, S1 was good so i'll watch it.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; September 26 2021 at 12:37:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    This, minus the "looks good". Judging from the trailer, its a straight up live-action remake, so i dont really see the point. Vicious, Julia, the weird clown guy with the gun umbrella etc pp. Also, all the wigs look really bad.

The only saving grace is that i rewatched the Nu-trek movies the past few days and really liked the actor who's doing Spike now.

e: Also, the way Faye was hypersexualized in the anime might not fly in a live-action adaptation, in this day and age.

Witcher trailer is 80% recut of old scenes, not really what i would call indicative of the next season either way. But hell, S1 was good so i'll watch it.
    According to show runner, they will redo some episodes, but it is mostly new stuff.

I saw Einstein in the trailer, but no Ed. She supposedly is in at some point, maybe not season 1.

https://www.ign.com/articles/cowboy-...me-anime-story
    Last edited by Dorvil Barranis; September 26 2021 at 04:15:26 PM.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

‘Babylon 5’ Reboot in Development at The CW From Original Series Creator J. Michael Straczynski
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bab...ki-1235075236/

Please don’t be shit (probably will be though).

The quote “…the ensemble cast also including Claudia Christian, Jerry Doyle, Mira Furlan, and Richard Briggs. At this time, none of the original series stars are attached to the project.”

Of the 4 listed there, 3 of them (the last 3) are dead so it’d be quite a feat to get them attached to it.
    The actors who played Sinclair and G’kar are also dead.
    If money was a chicken, would the chicken be evil?

Walter Koenig would probably be willing to cameo for a minute, although I'm not sure how his health is these days.

Didn't even spell Richard Biggs' last name right.

I mean it's probably going to be crap. But I mean Showtime let Lynch do his thing (mostly) for Twin Peaks: The Return, maybe they'll leave Straczynski alone.

‘Babylon 5’ Reboot in Development at The CW From Original Series Creator J. Michael Straczynski
    https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/bab...ki-1235075236/
    Lol, it'll be awful.

Please don't be awful :/

Gesendet von meinem M2012K11AG mit Tapatalk