hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 315 of 315 FirstFirst ... 215265305312313314315
Results 6,281 to 6,287 of 6287

Thread: The TV Thread

Recently The Rain ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6656238/ ) popped up on Netflix, so I thought I'd give it a try, and all I can say is:
    Why are all post apocalyptic shows about such stupid people? It's like "Let's do the stupidest thing possible" and moments later it's "Oh no, it has backfired, what are going to do now?"

realistic representation of danes ?
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zibu View Post
    Recently The Rain ( https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6656238/ ) popped up on Netflix, so I thought I'd give it a try, and all I can say is:
    Why are all post apocalyptic shows about such stupid people? It's like "Let's do the stupidest thing possible" and moments later it's "Oh no, it has backfired, what are going to do now?"
    for post apocalyptic shows, hard to beat the 1975's The Survivors

Things were better when shows had to rely on plot and acting and not cgi.
    Sapphire and Steel still one of the scariest tv shows just with a flash light and a great sound track.

i need to watch that one tbh, it's supposed to be really good.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post

Sapphire and Steel still one of the scariest tv shows just with a flash light and a great sound track.
    There's no CGI (to speak of) in The Rain, AFAIR.

Considering that it's a Danish TV(?) series (=low budget compared to other shows) it relies more on characters and story than on flash, boom, bang, which is basically non-existant in the show.

I didn't like the last part and especially the end of it, obviously aimed at a posible 2nd season. But overall I liked it. I've seen far worse "stupidest possible thing" in more high profile shows (I'm looking at you, TWD...). I even think that for the most part they actually tried to do the right thing, perhaps sometimes badly executed. And quite a few "oh my god, how can you...?!?" moments were given a reasonable explanation, e.g. (without too much spoilers) that peaceful little community and why especially one of the female group members responded so well to them.

tl;dr
    I'd give it a 3 to 3.5 out of 5.

The Outpost... very bad

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post

Sapphire and Steel scared me in ways that Doctor Who never did.