Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 6324

Thread: The TV Thread

I'm afraid it's not just the opening theme... :/
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Archer: Dangerzone Island, fuckyeah
    I'm always on board for more Archer, but am I alone in feeling like the opening theme song this season is a bit flat?

Also, Westworld Season 2. Production values, acting, music, overall story are all still v. strong. BUT,

Spoiler:
    First off, the assault on the conferderale's fort. No security or warfighting professional who was worth more than a fucking dime would have just head-on marched a dozen or so people with SMG's on foot (or in ATVs) to siege an unknown number of berserk robots with proven lethal rifles behind a multi-layered barricade. It reminded me of my biggest suspension-of-disbelief moment in season 1, when QA - presumably a well paid and well equipped professional security force tasked with preventing a Killer Robot Uprising - was shown to be inept on a scale not seen since the stormtroopers on the Death Star in Episode IV. There's a reason we as a species invented artillery, and drones, and missiles, and APCs, and machine guns, and any number of other tools of war that would have rendered that little adobe Alamo into a goddamned smoking hole in the ground. Shit, you want me to believe that Davos couldn't give their guys a couple goddamn grenade launchers? Cripes.

Second, every twist so far this season has resulted in a "oh, of course" instead of a "holy shit no way!" from my analyst-brain. I don't know if they're being more obvious, or if I'm just now expecting everything to be a big tweest so when it actually happens the impact isn't v. great.
    Agreed on WW Season 2.
    I think it is pretty weak.

The fourth episode was way better than the three first episodes, but yeah, somehow doesn't pull me in as well as the first season.

I've just seen first two so far, and in no hurry to catch up.
    Binge watched Bosch instead this weekend, so good!

While The Walking Dead really has gone down the drain over the previous seasons and IMHO only Jeffrey Dean Morgan's acting (and Lennie James' to an extend, but I don't like how they handled Morgan's character development(? if you want to call it that)) kept it from being sacked, I still enjoy Fear of the Walking Dead. I like how the characters develop there, I like how they handle Morgan's cross-series transition. I like the new character John, because...
      Spoiler:

...he's relatable. He's a "good guy". He has no "evil twist" (yet - and I hope it stays that way). His ticks - that /words/speaking to humans thing and his dislike to use guns) are believable and as of now aren't extrems like we've seen with e.g. Morgan, who went from totally not-gonna-kill-anyone-no-matter-what to full-out-Rambo-on-a-rampage and back again.

I also like that in FOTWD they kept that...
      Spoiler:

...main characters being killed in almost the most profan ways/situations possible, without big tension-building upfront and therefore "I saw that coming" feeling. This way it's much more surprising and therefore entertaining and makes you reimaging what you previously predicted how things will turn out. Add to that the vagueness of Madison's destiny up until now. I hope they keep it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I've just seen first two so far, and in no hurry to catch up.
    Binge watched Bosch instead this weekend, so good!
    I gotta say some parts of WW are fucking amazing. Episode 4 was full of great moments with Ed Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruri View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Archer: Dangerzone Island, fuckyeah
    I'm always on board for more Archer, but am I alone in feeling like the opening theme song this season is a bit flat?

Also, Westworld Season 2. Production values, acting, music, overall story are all still v. strong. BUT,

Spoiler:
    First off, the assault on the conferderale's fort. No security or warfighting professional who was worth more than a fucking dime would have just head-on marched a dozen or so people with SMG's on foot (or in ATVs) to siege an unknown number of berserk robots with proven lethal rifles behind a multi-layered barricade. It reminded me of my biggest suspension-of-disbelief moment in season 1, when QA - presumably a well paid and well equipped professional security force tasked with preventing a Killer Robot Uprising - was shown to be inept on a scale not seen since the stormtroopers on the Death Star in Episode IV. There's a reason we as a species invented artillery, and drones, and missiles, and APCs, and machine guns, and any number of other tools of war that would have rendered that little adobe Alamo into a goddamned smoking hole in the ground. Shit, you want me to believe that Davos couldn't give their guys a couple goddamn grenade launchers? Cripes.

Second, every twist so far this season has resulted in a "oh, of course" instead of a "holy shit no way!" from my analyst-brain. I don't know if they're being more obvious, or if I'm just now expecting everything to be a big tweest so when it actually happens the impact isn't v. great.
    Agreed on WW Season 2.
    I think it is pretty weak.
    Agreed on the Spoiled part, worst private army ever. That said, I think its far from weak, quite the opposite imho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Im still enjoying Westworld season 2 a lot, its probably not quite as good as season 1 so far but that was setting an insanely high bar. Ed Harris is killing it though

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    While The Walking Dead really has gone down the drain over the previous seasons and IMHO only Jeffrey Dean Morgan's acting (and Lennie James' to an extend, but I don't like how they handled Morgan's character development(? if you want to call it that)) kept it from being sacked, I still enjoy Fear of the Walking Dead. I like how the characters develop there, I like how they handle Morgan's cross-series transition. I like the new character John, because...
      Spoiler:

...he's relatable. He's a "good guy". He has no "evil twist" (yet - and I hope it stays that way). His ticks - that /words/speaking to humans thing and his dislike to use guns) are believable and as of now aren't extrems like we've seen with e.g. Morgan, who went from totally not-gonna-kill-anyone-no-matter-what to full-out-Rambo-on-a-rampage and back again.

I also like that in FOTWD they kept that...
      Spoiler:

...main characters being killed in almost the most profan ways/situations possible, without big tension-building upfront and therefore "I saw that coming" feeling. This way it's much more surprising and therefore entertaining and makes you reimaging what you previously predicted how things will turn out. Add to that the vagueness of Madison's destiny up until now. I hope they keep it that way.
    They followed the comic material too closely.

The cycle of run->find shelter->fight assholes->zombies come->run was only interesting once.

Some progression in the world would've been nice. Politics between post-apocalyptic city states would've been neat, exploring changes in society, law, and military as well. But that was put on the backburner for the comic material which is honestly pretty forgettable.

Yeah i and many others said many times before the lack of progression, evolution, is pretty dumb. That is only reinforced by seeing the real life Mad Max style of creativity in the arab world after the Spring.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn LENNY2 met Tapatalk
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

If you've ever wondered whether or not Hugh Grant can play any role that isn't Hugh Grant, then watch A Very English Scandal.

Spoiler alert: Yes he can, very well.

Patrick Melrose is p. gud
    Classic english aristocrazy decadence and disfunctionality scenes
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Yeah... Billions seems less engaging than the previous season. Same with Westworld. Idea machine running low on juice?

:sadface:

At least The Expanse is ticking along nicely currently - and will continue to hopefully. Praise be to Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Yeah... Billions seems less engaging than the previous season. Same with Westworld. Idea machine running low on juice?

:sadface:

At least The Expanse is ticking along nicely currently - and will continue to hopefully. Praise be to Jeff.

Ive actually caught up on Westworld today, i still enjoy it. The difference is maybe that its not primarily a pseudo-philosophical (timejumping) mindfuck anymore, it feels much more like a straight, linear scifi story.

Spoiler:

Of course, with e6, the question is again how much Ford controls from within the mainframe, and how much is actually hosts awakening. For example, i really cant tell who in Dolores posse has agency. Just her? Her and the two chicks? Why did the one in the white dress drop Bernard off at Elsies cave? Is she actually free, or is she just an amalgam of Dolores and Wyatt, with the security protocols off? Her mindraping Teddy was pretty cold, she must see other hosts as tools/things if she can do that.

Maeve storyline seems more interesting, but then again isnt the wifi supposed to be off? How is she doing her mojo if not from within the Cradle, which, see above, may be all Fords'...

One thing that really rubbed me wrong earlier was that "personality matrices" seem to be deterministic, since dead Delos guy always used the same dialogue. Meaning that they are either just very sophisticated automatons still, or the show wiped out the concept of free will entirely.

Not as novel as S1, but its keeping me engaged. Production values are top notch, and ive got a soft spot for Elsie saving the day.
    Last edited by Lilalaunebör; May 29 2018 at 11:37:32 PM.

End of The Americans was quite somber.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    Yeah... Billions seems less engaging than the previous season. .
    I love Billions...so well done.
    Schopenhauer:

All truth passes through three stages.
    First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as being self-evident..

I hear people shitting on Legion S2, but i still love it. Especially the sound design.

Next episode is showdown time! Did it get picked up for season 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I hear people shitting on Legion S2, but i still love it. Especially the sound design.

Next episode is showdown time! Did it get picked up for season 3?
    Yep

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...-at-fx-1116481

I found a gem: In the dark https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5729304/
    It's a year old but i missed it until now.

Westworld 2nd season is even better than 1st
    The Expanse last episodes are dull and drifting into obscurity
    The Handmaiden is depressing to watch more a parallel than fiction
    Bosch is better than True Detectives because of the source material https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Connelly
    Fear the walking dead is surprisingly good and better than the orignal.

Billions 1st and 2nd season were good, 3rd season is utter crap. Did they change the writer staff or what?
    I loved The Americans but the final episode was kind of a let down.
    Last edited by Jori McKie; June 10 2018 at 05:25:47 PM.

End of The Americans was quite somber.
    Very well done though.