hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 301 of 313 FirstFirst ... 201251291298299300301302303304311 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,020 of 6250

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    There was plenty of good world building but the story was lacking and in the end magical rabbits were pulled from hats in quite unsatisfactory ending.
    what did you want to happen, they left it open for a second series while tying up the story
    If you'd told me before the last two episodes that the season was really about

Spoiler:
    his long-dead sister running a conspiracy faking the religion of hookers by hacking into a supposedly impregnible system run by C-TAC (who the fuck are they anyway) so they could be really killed without realising it oh and she's also been at least four side characters along the way without his superior intuition ever realising it

I'd have laughed you out of the room. I enjoyed the series but the pacing was off, the storytelling a bit shit and a lot of the dialogue just awful. All the elements were there but up until the finale it just felt like a side plot playing second fiddle to the
      Spoiler:
    main "murder" plot and the flashbacks

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    There was plenty of good world building but the story was lacking and in the end magical rabbits were pulled from hats in quite unsatisfactory ending.
    what did you want to happen, they left it open for a second series while tying up the story

Spoiler:
    his long-dead sister running a conspiracy faking the religion of hookers by hacking into a supposedly impregnible system run by C-TAC (who the fuck are they anyway) so they could be really killed without realising it oh and she's also been at least four side characters along the way without his superior intuition ever realising it

I'd have laughed you out of the room. I enjoyed the series but the pacing was off, the storytelling a bit shit and a lot of the dialogue just awful. All the elements were there but up until the finale it just felt like a side plot playing second fiddle to the
      Spoiler:
    so yeah thats what happened, i enquired about what he wanted to happen
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Elriche was right, Babylon Berlin is solid and season 2 ramped it up properly.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    pretty much this, it would be nice for there to be a real story and not a rabbit from the hat. The good old let's pull something completely unexplained and unforseen out of thin air as a twist and thus invalidate everything else as a big fuck you to anyone following the story. It is really easy to write stuff like that and it is quite far from enjoyable. You need to hint at the stuff and sell the idea little by little along the way.
    Last edited by depili; February 8 2018 at 08:20:16 AM.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    pretty much this, it would be nice for there to be a real story and not a rabbit from the hat. The good old let's pull something completely unexplained and unforseen out of thin air as a twist and thus invalidate everything else as a big fuck you to anyone following the story. It is really easy to write stuff like that and it is quite far from enjoyable. You need to hint at the stuff and sell the idea little by little along the way.
    Yeah it never has quite that 'ooooh, now it makes sense' moment, it's flashy scenes from the book with some more flashy scenes for flashy scene's sake and then they kind of remembered they had a plot to solve by the end which they had to wrap up into an asinine family drama.

Again, I enjoyed it, even liked it, and hate to be the guy, but the book was a lot more enjoyable as it kind of clicked the puzzle together really nicely. Even the telescope scene alludes to it with a tiny hint at the very start of the book and i appreciate the nod to it, but it was just pulled out of seemingly nowhere.

So they've completely ignored the ending from the book? Half way through it so I haven't seen the ending but I was looking forward to it all wrapping up quite neatly and then moving on to something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    So they've completely ignored the ending from the book? Half way through it so I haven't seen the ending but I was looking forward to it all wrapping up quite neatly and then moving on to something else.
    Well... they took the major bits, but wrapped them in something much dumber.

Blegh.

AC is shockingly close to the book, the hotel was exactly how I pictured it in my head. XD
    Eh? I was initially pissed the hotel was not Hendrix, but Poe worked out so much better for TV so i can live with it. I'm up to ep8 and am overall pleasantly surprised I don't hate it, flash back bullshit irritates me a bit and would prefer a bit more of a noir feel. Also Ortega's ass....

Quote Originally Posted by Tibor Ferenc View Post
    AC is shockingly close to the book, the hotel was exactly how I pictured it in my head. XD
    Eh? I was initially pissed the hotel was not Hendrix, but Poe worked out so much better for TV so i can live with it. I'm up to ep8 and am overall pleasantly surprised I don't hate it, flash back bullshit irritates me a bit and would prefer a bit more of a noir feel. Also Ortega's ass....
    Afaik they couldn't get the rights to use Hendrix for it, his image and all. But yeah Poe was a delight.

I can see the shortcomings that are mentioned here, but what else is out there?
    I can only think of "The Expanse"
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Well it doesn't make it unenjoyable or shit. Just a bit of a missed opportunity for something really amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Well it doesn't make it unenjoyable or shit. Just a bit of a missed opportunity for something really amazing.

I wasn't really expecting anything from it and left well satisfied. Oh sure the last two episodes felt a bit hamfisted but otherwise I really enjoyed the world they built up.

Also, I don't mind a bit of nudity here and there I just don't need it everywhere. Wish they could restrain themselves a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

I wasn't really expecting anything from it and left well satisfied. Oh sure the last two episodes felt a bit hamfisted but otherwise I really enjoyed the world they built up.

Also, I don't mind a bit of nudity here and there I just don't need it everywhere. Wish they could restrain themselves a bit more.
    people are naked when unclothed
    in the dark grim future etc body is just a piece of meat
    ???
    boobies

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    BIG JIMMIES SWINGING DICK

hang dong
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Best dick swinging eu west
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

It ain't got nothing on Watchmen

It ain't got nothing on Watchmen

Afaik they couldn't get the rights to use Hendrix for it, his image and all. But yeah Poe was a delight.
    Apparently the Hendrix estate have a thing about not being associated with violence .
    Also seems that a lot of the decisions on book variance , blame can be attributed to having a female show runner.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    Apparently the Hendrix estate have a thing about not being associated with violence .
    Also seems that a lot of the decisions on book variance , blame can be attributed to having a female show runner.

I wouldn't blame it on her being a woman, I'd blame it on her being not very good at her job.

Hell, it's not like the book lacks strong badass women or anything. It's full of them. The author is by all accounts a "raging sjw" and all so that won't be the reason either.