hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 280 of 290 FirstFirst ... 180230270277278279280281282283 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,600 of 5799

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Twin Peaks is reaching Peak Twin
    ?

In other news, Dark Matter appears to have been cancelled. Kind of a shame, because they seem to have had a pretty clear overarching plot, but tbh, it really felt like a poor man's Firefly/Expanse.

So much of that world building made no sense

The scene someone linked earlier (the time loop episode where Three learned French) was great though.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    In other news, Dark Matter appears to have been cancelled. Kind of a shame, because they seem to have had a pretty clear overarching plot, but tbh, it really felt like a poor man's Firefly/Expanse.
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Honestly a lot of it was dumb/bad, but I still enjoyed watching it for some reason

Been catching up on preacher S2 and holy shit it does just get better and better.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    Sad Panda.jpeg
    I enjoyed watching it.

I wanted something bad'ish to watch that does not requiere 100% of my attention. I found "The Last Ship". It's stupid, I love it. It's like a very long "28 days later" movie
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

Quote Originally Posted by root View Post
    Sad Panda.jpeg
    I enjoyed watching it.

I wanted something bad'ish to watch that does not requiere 100% of my attention. I found "The Last Ship". It's stupid, I love it. It's like a very long "28 days later" movie

When i see it i cant help but suspect that the balding Baldwin is bankrolling it as his personal theme park ride.

Also sad about Dark Matter, but such is life. It didnt seem to go anywhere lately.

Man i had 2 incredible sci-fi shows i followed dark matter and the expanse.
    Those fookers they fragged kenny!
    Well recently got time and extra cash and bought season 1 and 2 of the expanse.
    Into s 2 and in super hyped, i hope they dont cancel it cause the season 2 is 10 x even more intresting storywise.

Quote Originally Posted by DerWish View Post
    Narcos S03 is ace.
    All the shiny gun props are somewhat jarring tbh.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Janeway84 View Post
    Into s 2 and in super hyped, i hope they dont cancel it cause the season 2 is 10 x even more intresting storywise.
    The Expanse has been renewed for a 3rd season, premiering sometime in 2018 I believe. So no, they're not taking all our toys away just yet!

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    All the shiny gun props are somewhat jarring tbh.
    Tbh they should have just waited on it tbh.

The Expanse has been renewed for a 3rd season, premiering sometime in 2018 I believe. So no, they're not taking all our toys away just yet!
    tbh expanse is pretty hard to drown at this point - it's basically GoT of sci-fi

tbh expanse is pretty hard to drown at this point - it's basically GoT of sci-fi
    Expanse is just a good show. The only reason why it looks like the GoT of scifi is the awful quality of most scifi shows

If HBO ever did something like Old Man's War, god that'd be amazing

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    If HBO ever did something like Gray Death Legion trilogy, god that'd be amazing
    fyp

~~hold on to that feeling~~

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Expanse is just a good show. The only reason why it looks like the GoT of scifi is the awful quality of most scifi shows

If HBO ever did something like Old Man's War, god that'd be amazing
    altered carbon coming next year from netflix with massive budget, so that might be it

other than that, dont think i heard of anything major coming up

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar

I believe i do.

firearm autism status: defcon 0

Spoiler:
    hey let's bring our SUPER HIGH VALUE SOURCE back to the city where anyone could kill him on sight without even changing up his appearance

Spoiler:
    well, this was super anti-climactic, mad props
    Last edited by RazoR; September 9 2017 at 02:30:08 AM.

Watched first Ep. of The Orville.

Be interested to hear what others think.

firearm autism status: defcon 0

Spoiler:
    hey let's bring our SUPER HIGH VALUE SOURCE back to the city where anyone could kill him on sight without even changing up his appearance

Spoiler:
    well, this was super anti-climactic, mad props
    Muh firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Came here to comment on it. I loved it. Anyone who likes the serious star trek and yet is willing to have a sense of humor about it should like it too. Show definitely doesn't take itself seriously and I laughed a lot. I don't think it made fun of star trek so much as it began to take that universe and just had fun within it. It seems like a good cross between the feel of Guardians of the Galaxy and the setting of Star Trek. I'm glad to have a Sunday show again since GOT ended, and it's funny sci-fi to boot. Here's hoping it survives.

Plus, the effects and production values were good while leaving just a little bit of good'ol sci-fi tv kitsch. I'm not saying this is the second coming of sci-fi jesus or anything, but I'm looking forward to new episodes. It was well done. Basically,

Last edited by Raine Woot; September 11 2017 at 05:13:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raine Woot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Came here to comment on it. I loved it. Anyone who likes the serious star trek and yet is willing to have a sense of humor about it should like it too. Show definitely doesn't take itself seriously and I laughed a lot. I don't think it made fun of star trek so much as it began to take that universe and just had fun within it. It seems like a good cross between the feel of Guardians of the Galaxy and the setting of Star Trek. I'm glad to have a Sunday show again since GOT ended, and it's funny sci-fi to boot. Here's hoping it survives.

Plus, the effects and production values were good while leaving just a little bit of good'ol sci-fi tv kitsch. I'm not saying this is the second coming of sci-fi jesus or anything, but I'm looking forward to new episodes. It was well done.
    My thoughts exactly.

It's Fox, so it'll probably get cancelled. But there's 13 episodes in the can, so I plan on enjoying them while they last.
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous