hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 450 of 463 FirstFirst ... 350400440447448449450451452453460 ... LastLast
Results 8,981 to 9,000 of 9245

Thread: The TV Thread

Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter from 2013 is pretty good.
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1883092/

Enjoyed White Lotus a lot. The last two episodes leaned too heavily into Parasite and the ending was pretty dumb. No clue how they can make a second season of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    You're actually right, this was pretty good. So at what count are we 5 good German series in the last 7ish years?
    Babylon Berlin
    Deutschland 83
    Dark
    Das Boot
    Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Quote Originally Posted by Jori McKie View Post
    You're actually right, this was pretty good. So at what count are we 5 good German series in the last 7ish years?
    Babylon Berlin
    Deutschland 83
    Dark
    Das Boot
    Don't mistake Das Boot (1985) for Das Boot (2018). I referred to the former earlier. It's the same cast as in the movie, which is not surprising as the movie was made from cuts of the series.

I haven't seen the latter, but reading through the reception part of the Wiki entry, I have the slight feeling that it's a) quite different than the original and b) not as good.

[Added]
    BTW, I haven't watched Netflix "Barbaren/Barbarians" yet. Worth it?
    Last edited by Hel OWeen; January 5 2022 at 09:37:14 AM.

yeah, the new das boot ain't up to the masterpiece that was the original and shame about reusing the name. Most of the times I recommend das boot to anyone I even forget the new one exists, which might be a point of confusion to the other side.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    New one is decent enough in it's own way if you completely forget any kind of link to the original masterpiece indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Babylon Berlin
    Deutschland 83
    Dark
    Das Boot
    Don't mistake Das Boot (1985) for Das Boot (2018). I referred to the former earlier. It's the same cast as in the movie, which is not surprising as the movie was made from cuts of the series.

I haven't seen the latter, but reading through the reception part of the Wiki entry, I have the slight feeling that it's a) quite different than the original and b) not as good.

[Added]
    Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    yeah, the new das boot ain't up to the masterpiece that was the original and shame about reusing the name. Most of the times I recommend das boot to anyone I even forget the new one exists, which might be a point of confusion to the other side.
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    New one is decent enough in it's own way if you completely forget any kind of link to the original masterpiece indeed.
    I was aware of the 3 parts sequel of the movie but i actually thought you guys mean the new series. Thanks for clarifying that. Side note, Herbert Grönemeyer one of the actors and singer was born and lived in Bochum, my hometown too. MidŽ80s i was in a queue at the grocery talking with my girlfriend when she got stunned and made me turn my head. Grönemeyer was in that queue behind us, i had to calm myself for a second to not react like a fanboy.

About Netflix "Barbaren/Barbarians" yet. Worth it?
    I think i watched 1 episode and as far as i can remember it was bad, very bad.
    Does a population have informed consent when that population is not taught the inner workings of its monetary system, and then is drawn, all unknowing, into economic adventures?

Babylon Berlin
    Deutschland 83
    Dark
    Das Boot

[Added]
    Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    I was aware of the 3 parts sequel of the movie but i actually thought you guys mean the new series. Thanks for clarifying that. Side note, Herbert Grönemeyer one of the actors and singer was born and lived in Bochum, my hometown too. MidŽ80s i was in a queue at the grocery talking with my girlfriend when she got stunned and made me turn my head. Grönemeyer was in that queue behind us, i had to calm myself for a second to not react like a fanboy.

The das boot series we are talking about is the IIRC 6 part series from which the movie was cut together.

Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    The das boot series we are talking about is the IIRC 6 part series from which the movie was cut together.
    There are several different versions according to Wikipedia:

1981 unreleased version (209 minutes)
    1981 original theatrical cut (149 minutes)
    1984 BBC miniseries (300 minutes)
    1997 "Director's Cut" (208 minutes)
    2004 "The Original Uncut Version" (293 minutes) – miniseries minus episode-opening flashback scenes

The last two have the best quality. 2004 version was released on DVD and the 1997 version was later released on DVD and Blu-Ray, so you can get 1080p quality versions online. I've never subjected myself to the 300/293 minute miniseries but quite enjoyed the 208 minute Director's Cut. Hours of boredom pierced by moments of sheer terror indeed!

Showing my age here: I saw it "live" when it premiered on German PBS TV in 1985.

Also showing my age that up until now I had forgotten that I crawled through the set's u-boat interior prop*) back in 1987 ...

*) Located at the Bavaria Studios in Munich. It's the interior of a Typ VII C u-boat:

Showing my age here: I saw it "live" when it premiered on German PBS TV in 1985.

Also showing my age that up until now I had forgotten that I crawled through the set's u-boat interior prop*) back in 1987 ...

*) Located at the Bavaria Studios in Munich. It's the interior of a Typ VII C u-boat:
    I loved that. Also, you could get yourself filmed riding Fuchur/Falkor from the Neverending Story, and if you wore blue, you were transparent - so there was a film of my head and hands floating alongside a white luckdragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post

I loved that. Also, you could get yourself filmed riding Fuchur/Falkor from the Neverending Story, and if you wore blue, you were transparent - so there was a film of my head and hands floating alongside a white luckdragon.
    Two friends and I tried that alarm dive drill, when the whole crew runs from stern to bow in order to accumulate the mass there. Like running and swinging through the bulkhead frames ... Man, I swear that must have caused some bruises during the shooting of these scenes. We three were teenagers and basically alone and had a hard time to not fall flat on our faces (or asses) or bump into something. If I imaging a dozen or so grown-up men doing the same with also a movie crew stacked somewhere in the aisles...

Good: Boba Fett episode 2 got better

Bad: only applies to the Tusken Raider backstory bits

Quote Originally Posted by Boltorano View Post

But it was a shit ton new lore about the Tuskens.
    I found this part to be very interesting.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

But it was a shit ton new lore about the Tuskens.
    I found this part to be very interesting.
    Nah, it's just more PC forced diversity. Clearly Taliban apologetics at play. -Tucker Carlsson probably

very worth

After episode 1 I was worried that Temuera Morrison did not have the chops for a main character and that Ming-Na Wen would have to carry it.
    I did not enjoy episode 1 and I think I switched off episode 2 about 5 minutes in.
    I may have to give this another chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofia Roseburn
    Nope.

user was banned for this lock

Bobba is as good as Mando was at this stage. Which pretty much says it all.
    E2 and Tuskans was alright though, nose-lizard seems like a fun creature.
    Last edited by Lowa [NSN]; January 10 2022 at 03:52:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Binged the first 4 episodes of the new season of The Witcher.

1. Why is everything so bleak? Is it a Slav thing? Everyone is suffering, no one is happy, fairy tales are happy JUST KIDDING THE PARENTS DIED VIOLENTLY.
    2. These are the most pathetic elves I've ever seen. Did they just give up on civilization or what? Can they not reproduce?
    3. Fucking hell, Ciri. Turn your head to see the swinging posts and you won't get hit so much.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...
    Johns Hopkins CSSE COVID-19 Dashboard (updated link)