hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 471 of 477 FirstFirst ... 371421461468469470471472473474 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,420 of 9527

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    I quite liked Rings of Power, I'm no Tolkien nerd so not feeling betrayed or offended.

Not happy about Elrond's haircut.

Curious about who that Wizardman is.
    ftfy, concur with corrected content

No more better call saul, means there are basically zero things to watch now.

I am quite enjoying The Patient , Misery'esk drama with Steve Carell doing one of his excellent drama rolls.
    And season 2 of reservation dogs is out.

House the dragon, not bothering till the season is complete.

Rings of power currently sitting as 34% on rotten tomatoes and negative reviews have been stopped. I feel that 34% may be generous.

Looking forward to 1899 in the last quarter of this year. But there really doesn't seem to be much on or coming up in the near future.

Only seen E1 and Im quite happy with it. But too early to call it good or bad. It is quite stunning visually tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

I like Rings of Power so far. Never read Silmarillion and don't care about LoTR.

LOTR nerds being mad about black hobbits in a way they never got mad about the actual hobbit films being a fucking clown fest of pretty dwarves will never stop being funny.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Phrixus Zephyr View Post
    LOTR nerds being mad about black hobbits in a way they never got mad about the actual hobbit films being a fucking clown fest of pretty dwarves will never stop being funny.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    That part I dont get (well I do, unfortunately) but I kind of get that its not based on the real source enough. Then its the question how upset one should be about that. *shrugs*
    But in general, I think its unfortunate they fucked that up. Apparently Prime offered to buy the IP but something went wrong and in the end it was sold to [name I forgot] for 1/3 of what Amazon offered.
    And as they dont own the IP and its guarded like the Mouse guards its chinese income they have had to tread very lightly to avoid the ban hammer (sort of).

But, lifes too short to get overly upset. I want a good fantasy series and so far it seems I got one (E2 was ok as well), but actors are...mixed bag?
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

My problem with the The Harfoots is not the color, they are presented as dirty wandering hobos, isolated, when in Hobbit/LOR the Hobbits have sophisticated society and have ties with other races.

Quote Originally Posted by Candy Crush View Post
    My problem with the The Harfoots is not the color, they are presented as dirty wandering hobos, isolated, when in Hobbit/LOR the Hobbits have sophisticated society and have ties with other races.
    The Rings of Power is set about 5000 years before LOTR. You'd expect some societal change in that time.

What was life like where you live 5000 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by duckduck View Post
    The Rings of Power is set about 5000 years before LOTR. You'd expect some societal change in that time.

Pretty much the same tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Djan Seriy Anaplian View Post
    Also that didn't sound like abloo bloo to me, PM me and we can agree on a meeting spot and settle this with queensberry rules, that's a serious offer btw. I've been a member of this community since 2005 and i've never met a more toxic individual.

Using same logic, in LOTR the elves and the dwarfs must drive cars and shoot cannons.

Using same logic, in LOTR the elves and the dwarfs must drive cars and shoot cannons.
    A nomadic people isn't nomadic because they chose to be so, only because they haven't the land that can support them.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post

A nomadic people isn't nomadic because they chose to be so, only because they haven't the land that can support them.
    Except the Mongols.
      Spoiler:

Rings of power is terrible.
    It has no respect for the source material and is agenda driven.
    People wouldn't care so much if it was just a generic fantasy show of their own making. Which given what they it is , is basically what they have done. They are just using LoTR as a way to click baiting people into watching.

There is a report that 25 million viewers for the 1st 2 episodes includes every click possible including short seconds views, and it far from a real total of actual viewers.

Dont give them any ideas! No matter how awesome it sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post

Dont give them any ideas! No matter how awesome it sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    and is agenda driven.
    It is what now?

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    and is agenda driven.
    It is what now?
    Some people take great offence about the racial diversity, instead of just admitting that it is quite bad no matter what aliens it would have as actors.

Rings of power is terrible.
    It has no respect for the source material and is agenda driven.
    I don't know the source material, but what the hell was "agenda driven" in the first two episodes?

Skin color?

If so, Neil Gaiman disagrees.

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    and is agenda driven.
    It is what now?
    Meh, it's just another buzz word like "Woke" or "PC" to inform the world that you're upset with something. Well anything really.

It just has no charm, apart from the dwarf and his wife. That was nice.