hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 417 of 419 FirstFirst ... 317367407414415416417418419 LastLast
Results 8,321 to 8,340 of 8371

Thread: The TV Thread

I don't really see a problem with the meandering story, that is pretty much what the book is too. It's all about these little places where old gods settled into the fabric of America, eventually leading up to the endgame conclusion.

Spoiler:
    I like how they made Hinzelmann this little bossy lady. That is playing out nicely!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas Quaan View Post
    I don't really see a problem with the meandering story, that is pretty much what the book is too. It's all about these little places where old gods settled into the fabric of America, eventually leading up to the endgame conclusion.

Spoiler:
    I like how they made Hinzelmann this little bossy lady. That is playing out nicely!
    Yeah the book really is just exploring little ideas and does end pretty well. I haven't watched any of the show yet. I do remember most of Gaimans work fondly so maybe I'll get around to it now that expanse is over and I finished Lupin.

Loved lupin, hope it stays in the same vein.

I've been watching Dix Pour Cent / Call My Agent lately. It kind of feels like a French Mad Men but without the self-loathing, mixed in with the guest stars playing themselves thing from Extras.

Also, Steven Toast is making a comeback - https://www.beyondthejoke.co.uk/cont...oast-berry-bbc
    Last edited by Rodj Blake; February 10 2021 at 01:02:16 PM.

What, no mention of Mandalorian drama?

I just had to leave one of largest and oldest domestic SF fan groups on FB and I'm about to get unfriended by a bunch of people for my lack of sympathy for poor victims of left wing censorship. Btw how can mega corporations like Disney be left wing in the first place?

Them unfriending me will not stop them from talking for hours how SJWs ruined Star Wars after pandemic is over and we start again constantly running into each other in pubs...

Sent from my M2007J3SG using Tapatalk

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dzajic View Post

I just had to leave one of largest and oldest domestic SF fan groups on FB and I'm about to get unfriended by a bunch of people for my lack of sympathy for poor victims of left wing censorship. Btw how can mega corporations like Disney be left wing in the first place?

Them unfriending me will not stop them from talking for hours how SJWs ruined Star Wars after pandemic is over and we start again constantly running into each other in pubs...

wot

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post

wot
    The bulky chick got fired for posting anti-vax, anti-mask bullshit on Twitter and comparing herself to holocaust victims. It has absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars, or TV, and noone in their right mind cares if some brain damaged roid monster gets axed for acting retarded in public.

Sleep with The Mouse, get bit.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post

wot
    The bulky chick got fired for posting anti-vax, anti-mask bullshit on Twitter and comparing herself to holocaust victims. It has absolutely nothing to do with Star Wars, or TV, and noone in their right mind cares if some brain damaged roid monster gets axed for acting retarded in public.

no i got that, the wot is for the 2nd line onwards

They make cheap, surface level cultural concessions to the left in order to distract from any (potentially expensive) discussions about economic inequality.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/gina-...193849358.html

The actor and former MMA star told Deadline on Friday that she was teaming up with The Daily Wire, a right-wing website, to develop, produce, and star in an upcoming film. Though specifics are scarce, the film will be released exclusively to that site’s members.
    I lolled. In before its trashy pseudo propoganda for the american nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

The actor and former MMA star told Deadline on Friday that she was teaming up with The Daily Wire, a right-wing website, to develop, produce, and star in an upcoming film. Though specifics are scarce, the film will be released exclusively to that site’s members.
    At least it will be exclusive, hope the filth doesn't leak outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Foiritain View Post

Birth of a nation 2: Q fast, Q furious
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Didn't start American Gods, did start umbrella academy.

Fucking loving it so far, once you get a few in it starts to pick up pace nicely. The kid who plays #5 is great, as is everyone else.

wot

People are crazy and fully believing in alternative facts. So on the FB page for biggest Serbian Science Fiction fan group, they started whining how "SJWs destroyed Star Wars, again". I took a piss at them for being faschs defending other faschs and I got page long rants in comments, from some friends and acquaintances who are also in that SF FB group... and it only escalated from there. Met some of the folks in person yesterday and first topic was "Did you hear Disney's stock plummeted 3% after firing Gina? They have lost billions because of this one move, management is in panic". Which is such and outrageous fabrication out of nothing that I have failed too google even the original alt-right youtuber who said it, let alone a formal debunking of the claim.

wot

People are crazy and fully believing in alternative facts. So on the FB page for biggest Serbian Science Fiction fan group, they started whining how "SJWs destroyed Star Wars, again". I took a piss at them for being faschs defending other faschs and I got page long rants in comments, from some friends and acquaintances who are also in that SF FB group... and it only escalated from there. Met some of the folks in person yesterday and first topic was "Did you hear Disney's stock plummeted 3% after firing Gina? They have lost billions because of this one move, management is in panic". Which is such and outrageous fabrication out of nothing that I have failed too google even the original alt-right youtuber who said it, let alone a formal debunking of the claim.
    Balkan neckbeard rage!

wot

That must be "the other" Disney stock then. My shares went up 20 EUR in the past 2 weeks.

And it takes *zero* effort to check that, just type "disney stock price" into Google and the first result is the chart of Disney's stock. I mean, that's the overwhelming amount of 18 characters one needs to type.

https://www.google.com/search?q=disney+stock+price

Been watching Always Sunny again:

disney stonk can only go up

such acquisitions
    much product
    wow

mando s02 is even more disney than s01
    if booba fett's notepad is somewhat independent from HQ it might be good but i am sure disney's gonna force the usual pg13 fairytale
    Last edited by RazoR; February 19 2021 at 03:47:07 AM.

Watched "The Liberator" on Netflix. Band of Brothers but in artsy animation style.

And since I think BoB is the best thing ever made I naturally liked this too, on the surface at least. Since it is BoB, just in another setting it doesnt engage in the same way but has its moments.
    Its well made, good sound, good characters, hard and grim and if you are into this stuff in general its worth the time as its a story worth being told.

Trailer: https://youtu.be/vZaIZgkCcXQ
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

such acquisitions
    much product
    wow

if booba fett's notepad is somewhat independent from HQ it might be good but i am sure disney's gonna force the usual pg13 fairytale
    It's good until right at the end imo

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

such acquisitions
    much product
    wow

It's good until right at the end imo
    mate my eyes have been rolling as if they were being washed in the machine the entire time

but yes, it gets even sillier at the end