hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 290 of 293 FirstFirst ... 190240280287288289290291292293 LastLast
Results 5,781 to 5,800 of 5846

Thread: The TV Thread

Finished the punisher.

Slightly disappointed tbh.

It's not a bad show by any means, but it is nowhere near as good as Daredevil. I feel like they blew most of their load writing wise when they introduced him there, and had to come up with a super convoluted plot to justify the standalone series. There are a couple of standout episodes ( the one in the hotel was awesome ) but there were also several boring as shit ones.

I also thought the actress that played the homeland security agent was shockingly bad and I hated most of the time she was on the screen. Jon Bernthal was a fucking amazing punisher though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowa [NSN] View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    punisher is out
    ooooh

One of my favourite superheros.

Hope its as good as the daredevil series
    Punisher is too good man.
    5 eps in. Like it. It does have some silly and bits that does not fit and characters who are over compensating their roles for max stereotype-ish behavior but its manageable.
    Great support characters are what keeps much of that at bay as well, they seem more relaxed generally.

In some cases super violent, and while I get Punisher and all that having zero reflection over mass murdering people that are just following orders just like he did feels a bit strange if I'm honest. Maybe I just expected another take on that for a modern version.
      Spoiler:
    also apparently not fulfilling Gunner's last wish seems to have slipped by without even a comment. Maybe they pick it up, maybe not. Been a few other things like that.

But generally, the thing kicks ass and I'm happy it was created.
      Spoiler:
    pretty sure its covered in the next episode or two

I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though some episodes were a bit slow. Bernthal killed it though, Dude was made for this role.

Now the thing I am curious about
      Spoiler:
    All of the netflix marvel shows have ended on some sort of cliff hanger or development that would lead into the next season, there was nothing of the sort at the end of this series, hes just at group trying to heal. Makes me wonder what, if anything they have planned for the next series. Cuz there sure as fuck needs to be another season

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    punisher is out
    ooooh

One of my favourite superheros.

Hope its as good as the daredevil series
    Punisher is too good man.
    5 eps in. Like it. It does have some silly and bits that does not fit and characters who are over compensating their roles for max stereotype-ish behavior but its manageable.
    Great support characters are what keeps much of that at bay as well, they seem more relaxed generally.

In some cases super violent, and while I get Punisher and all that having zero reflection over mass murdering people that are just following orders just like he did feels a bit strange if I'm honest. Maybe I just expected another take on that for a modern version.
      Spoiler:
    also apparently not fulfilling Gunner's last wish seems to have slipped by without even a comment. Maybe they pick it up, maybe not. Been a few other things like that.

But generally, the thing kicks ass and I'm happy it was created.
      Spoiler:
    pretty sure its covered in the next episode or two

I thoroughly enjoyed it, even though some episodes were a bit slow. Bernthal killed it though, Dude was made for this role.

Now the thing I am curious about
      Spoiler:
    All of the netflix marvel shows have ended on some sort of cliff hanger or development that would lead into the next season, there was nothing of the sort at the end of this series, hes just at group trying to heal. Makes me wonder what, if anything they have planned for the next series. Cuz there sure as fuck needs to be another season
      Spoiler:
    this was all a new origin story for jigsaw, i new it as soon as Billy Russo appeared
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Punisher is watchable but pretty weak overall. I guess I don't like Bernthal very much. Not sure what the show is missing other than to guess I'd like it more if I thought he had some charisma. There's just nobody to carry that show above mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

punisher was ok, could have been better at 6-8 episodes instead of the 13 imo.

anyone watching the new marvels runnerways?

I fucking loved Punisher, best marvel show by far.
    Clearly not what I had expected from it, had anticipated way more violence and vigilante action.
    Instead it focuses on soldiers trauma from returning from combat, not seen handled this well in any movie or show before.
    It is an important topic for the time we currently live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Punisher is watchable but pretty weak overall. I guess I don't like Bernthal very much. Not sure what the show is missing other than to guess I'd like it more if I thought he had some charisma. There's just nobody to carry that show above mediocre.
    literally the only person that thinks this, you are my amazing snowflake <3

Agreeing that Punisher was ok, but nothing special. Still worse than Daredevil and Jessica thingimabob.

Maybe it's because I kinda dislike the actor and his perma-gravel voice. Sideplot and supporting characters were great for the most part.
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Agreeing that Punisher was ok, but nothing special. Still worse than Daredevil and Jessica thingimabob.

Maybe it's because I kinda dislike the actor and his perma-gravel voice. Sideplot and supporting characters were great for the most part.
    dead to me now

Was it the best show? No, Jessica still holds that spot without question.

Was it still great? Yes, the first 5 eps was ok, but for me it really took off after that (and to no surprise covered most of my concerns of "plot holes").
    Sure it has some low points but those were few(er) after e5. I liked that it was personal and the ptsd angle, supporting chars for that (and most other roles) was amazingly good.

The violence. Now, I wanted violence. And there was violence in the beginning but I never in my life thought they would go full Punisher towards the end.
    I be honest, it was almost too much at points. Full on, in your face drawn out torture and horrifying mutilation "street violence style" is something very different than GoT style head crushing (even though they did a good variant on that...).

Still, I am happy they did it, it was what I wanted and they didnt tone it down but damn...I get why some people have raised issues around it.
    Overall, great adaptation and while I'm sure there will be a second series not sure its needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Punisher was something decent to have playing in the background while doing something else, not a great one like Jessica, but atleast better than anything with the hand in it.

I like how Punisher touched on soldiers with PTSD. They got a little lost with that narrative though.

The Netflix/Marvel episode.7-11 side villain is getting a little worn out.

edit still liked.it though I think dd and Jessica Jones are still.winning however

Edit2; ah God drunk
    Last edited by Phrixus Zephyr; November 23 2017 at 01:02:07 PM.

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    anyone watching the new marvels runnerways?
    What, The Gifted? I am, but it's not very good... which is a shame, because there is some nice stuff in there, just papered over with boring acting and bad directing.

No. The runaways
    (no idea if it's good / terrible)
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

Specially Pegged Donor Overspark's Avatar
    No. The runaways
    Ah, no. Apparently Marvel is putting out so many shows right now it's hard to keep them apart, haven't watched that one yet.

Peaky blinders is fantastic as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    No. The runaways
    Ah, no. Apparently Marvel is putting out so many shows right now it's hard to keep them apart, haven't watched that one yet.
    I dont even know what that one is? I do however know what the Inhumans are that is running on HBO and my advise is the following; Stay clear of it. Its good chance you will get the ebola if you dont, its that bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    I would create a dragon made out of vaginas. Then I would create a dragon made out of dicks. Then I would have them fight to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by Overspark View Post
    No. The runaways
    I dont even know what that one is? I do however know what the Inhumans are that is running on HBO and my advise is the following; Stay clear of it. Its good chance you will get the ebola if you dont, its that bad.
    runways is based on an amazing comic about a group of super human kids who discover their parents are villians

I didnt actually stick with Punisher, it seemed very predictable. All Marvel shows are, but this one went over the edge.
    Also didnt want to believe that "Young Sheldong" is a thing... world, please just end now.

In a bit of a lull TV wise atm, there were so many amazing shows earlier this year but now i look at new releases and am mostly meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I didnt actually stick with Punisher, it seemed very predictable. All Marvel shows are, but this one went over the edge.
    Also didnt want to believe that "Young Sheldong" is a thing... world, please just end now.

In a bit of a lull TV wise atm, there were so many amazing shows earlier this year but now i look at new releases and am mostly meh.
    I would like to see the punisher done in the style of peaky blinders. There are even a couple of similarities psychotic war vet anti hero with a love of family.