hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 358 of 360 FirstFirst ... 258308348355356357358359360 LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,160 of 7188

Thread: The TV Thread

I actually liked caprica, if it had been given more time could have developed into an excellent series. It was better than the last season of the reboot.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

I don't think it will be a reboot or remake, but as the end said. This has happened before and will happen again.
    Sorta a continuation.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post
    I actually liked caprica, if it had been given more time could have developed into an excellent series. It was better than the last season of the reboot.

Well they didn't do THIS though in your stupid dirty little Caprica show, DID THEY?

(never seen Caprica and have no actual opinion but I will use any opportunity to repost this video)

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmoore View Post

Well they didn't do THIS though in your stupid dirty little Caprica show, DID THEY?

(never seen Caprica and have no actual opinion but I will use any opportunity to repost this video)
    Epic scene, probably among the coolest ever in a tv show. But it haven't aged well.
    The Epic Store is amazing, I've been able to save so much money by not buying their games.

That jump alone was worth suffering through the ridiculous pseudo-philosophic bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    That jump alone was worth suffering through the ridiculous pseudo-philosophic bullshit.
    No it wasn't

You're all forgetting the DOZENS OF HOURS of shit soap opera character drama you sat through to get to the end of season 3

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    No it wasn't

You're all forgetting the DOZENS OF HOURS of shit soap opera character drama you sat through to get to the end of season 3
    lalalalala i cant hear you

Spoiler:
    I enjoyed soap opera drama If only the plot was more coherent and had less deus ex machinas.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    the bit where pegasus goes boom hnnnnnnnnnng

I didnt hate the drama. Space Action > cylon drama > human drama >>> pseudo-religious deus ex.

The writers strike killed the landing, and it was a bit meandering even before that, but its thanks to BSG that we have stuff like The Expanse now imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    I didnt hate the drama. Space Action > cylon drama > human drama >>> pseudo-religious deus ex.

The writers strike killed the landing, and it was a bit meandering even before that, but its thanks to BSG that we have stuff like The Expanse now imo.
    Blame the shit working conditions and pay (don't remember which one was it back then, could be both), instead of people striking tbh.

But yeah, I feel like BSG paved way to more solid SF shows.

It was excellent and the last season was pure sadness, the drama all faded away and the pseudo shit took over entirely, but god damn if the show didn't have some amazing visuals and at the time some of the best space battle scenes that I still remember. I loved it and rewatched it all a few years ago, loved it even more for all the ways it fell behind, but you are right, without it we'd have less like the expanse. I think it also showed that niche fantasy/sci fi could take a larger audience than just nerds and loners.

I just started watching the new Lost in space series on Netflix.

Not looking too good so far as it starts off showing one of my most hated arcetypes. the "Strong independent mother" who is characterized by being a stubborn selfrightous asshole, incapable of working with others or understanding the most fundamental things about leding and priorities. just demanding authority without ever deserving it or ever making a good call on anything.
    "Dad said to fix the pump so the motors don't burn" "yea well I think the air smells funny so I say fuck the engines and go waste time on filters instead."

The same character type that made "Fear the walking dead" even more unwatchable than it already was.

Not that the other characters are making up for it with their reckless stupidity and illogical decissions al over the place.
    "We need to do this slow or the ice will crush us, destroying the ship and killing us all." "But mah emotions!" *goes 100% thrust*
    Starting to suspect the writers are all men since the male characters are the only ones who behave with any kind of sense and all the women are loonies.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    the bit where pegasus goes boom hnnnnnnnnnng
    Oh god yes. And this bit too..

Which sort of borrowed a bit from old B5

This was another good bit

and now im in a B5 youtube spiral. no more work today.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; September 20 2019 at 03:13:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post

Not looking too good so far as it starts off showing one of my most hated arcetypes. the "Strong independent mother" who is characterized by being a stubborn selfrightous asshole, incapable of working with others or understanding the most fundamental things about leding and priorities. just demanding authority without ever deserving it or ever making a good call on anything.
    "Dad said to fix the pump so the motors don't burn" "yea well I think the air smells funny so I say fuck the engines and go waste time on filters instead."

The same character type that made "Fear the walking dead" even more unwatchable than it already was.

Not that the other characters are making up for it with their reckless stupidity and illogical decissions al over the place.
    "We need to do this slow or the ice will crush us, destroying the ship and killing us all." "But mah emotions!" *goes 100% thrust*
    Starting to suspect the writers are all men since the male characters are the only ones who behave with any kind of sense and all the women are loonies.
    yeah I stopped at ep5 or so. The writing was very not good

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post

yeah I stopped at ep5 or so. The writing was very not good
    Seems to be a common issue with lots of modern scifi films and series.. its a shame.

I made myself watch it all. Not very smart of me. Ech, I do it too often, I start a show, it sucks, I still want to have it crossed out from list...

lol i'm the opposite. I finish maybe about 5% of TV series that I start. Unless it's absolute god tier or really niche i tend to move on and look for something else... haven't finished GoT, Parks & Rec, Sopranos... the list goes on. kind of annoys me, as the pretty good shows tend to draw me back, then i have to sit through shit i've already seen to catch up, by which point i'm bored and stop again

i definitely prefer the British school of 6-8 episodes, 3 seasons max.

I usually stop caring around the season 5 or 6 mark

As far as I'm concerned that's where GoT ended.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!
    Gentle reminder everyone should have binged toast of London at least twice by now.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.
    anything soviet is of evil

Been watching Top Boy to fill my crime drama needs. 3 episodes in, snotbad.