hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 439 of 452 FirstFirst ... 339389429436437438439440441442449 ... LastLast
Results 8,761 to 8,780 of 9029

Thread: The TV Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quick reminder: The Witcher S2 starts on the 18th (Netflix).
    IMDB shows 18th december, for the whole season (good).

Foundation had slow 2nd and 3rd episodes. But has really picked up.
    Since I haven't read the books, I'm really curious about where it is heading.

Dopesick, 7 episodes in and it just keeps getting better. Story is gripping, characters and actors are superb.

Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, seen all 9 episodes so far. Constantly ridiculous. Story, characters, actors. All of it weaksauce.
    Never bothered with the books, but if this show is true to the book, how the fuck they sell that much?
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quick reminder: The Witcher S2 starts on the 18th (Netflix).
    IMDB shows 18th december, for the whole season (good).
    :embarrassedface:

Welp, you're right of course.

I seem to have mixed up the Witcher's day of release (18th) with The Wheel of Time's month (November), which premiers on the 19th (this Friday) btw.

Quote Originally Posted by VARRAKK View Post
    Foundation had slow 2nd and 3rd episodes. But has really picked up.
    Since I haven't read the books, I'm really curious about where it is heading.

Dopesick, 7 episodes in and it just keeps getting better. Story is gripping, characters and actors are superb.

Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol, seen all 9 episodes so far. Constantly ridiculous. Story, characters, actors. All of it weaksauce.
    Never bothered with the books, but if this show is true to the book, how the fuck they sell that much?
    Foundation's start was interesting enough to make me pick up the short stories. Having read like 70% of them, the series feels more like a homage than an adaptation.
    Not a bad one, though, makes me actually more invested in where they are heading.

Watched all of the available Arcane episodes, for something that i had negative amounts of expectations for it is... superb. Mainly the production quality, but the writing isnt distractingly bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Watched all of the available Arcane episodes, for something that i had negative amounts of expectations for it is... superb. Mainly the production quality, but the writing isnt distractingly bad either.
    Agreed. I had the same negative expectations going in (I mean, given the history of bad video game adaptions I've seen in my time...). But dammit, 6 episodes in and the quality can't be denied. Hopefully, it stays the course for the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Nazgul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Agreed. I had the same negative expectations going in (I mean, given the history of bad video game adaptions I've seen in my time...). But dammit, 6 episodes in and the quality can't be denied. Hopefully, it stays the course for the rest of the season.
    Also watching Arcane, also have no knowledge of league of legends, also enjoying it.

It's just very well executed thus far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarminic View Post
    Just for the record, "sending a needy text" is never the right answer.

I've also heard good things about Arcane, and the show looks really quite good. Trailer:

Quote Originally Posted by GeromeDoutrande View Post
    I've also heard good things about Arcane, and the show looks really quite good.
    Arcane is definitely worth a watch. I know nothing about LoL, but the show just seems to have taken the game lore as cool backstory and worldbuilding. It wears it lightly as implied depth, rather than trying to painfully explain everything. The characters are (mostly) complex and believable. And the animation is unique and beautiful.

They even have a cool new way of bridging the approaches of dropping all episodes at once, or just one episode per week. The released 3 episodes the first week - making a consistent mini-story. The next three episodes, released the next week, saw a considerable evolution of the story. They are going to release the final 3 on November 20th - in the UK at least. I'll be binging them that night.

Watched new Dexter ep 1 and 2, it was ok. Bit slow, but that seems to be the age we live in these days. The slow burn era.

you realise that's because they're making stuff for your/our age group, and we all got old and slow right? TV has slowed with us because we're the last TV generation, no point trying to appeal to young un's with fast paced and flashy, they're all on different platforms and DGAF about TV shows.

tl:dr - you're old, everything is your fault grandpa.

Yeah, it's all your fault, Equium Duo! DAMN YOU! GODDAMN DAMN YOU! GODDAMN GODDAMNING DAMN YOU DAMMIT!

I'm so sorry guys mybad

Confirming dopesick is great

I didn't realise dopesick was out yet, I thought it was going to be next year.
    Look, the wages you withheld from the workmen who mowed your fields are crying out against you. The cries of the harvesters have reached the ears of the Lord of Hosts. You have lived on earth in luxury and self-indulgence. You have fattened yourselves for slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    you realise that's because they're making stuff for your/our age group, and we all got old and slow right? TV has slowed with us because we're the last TV generation, no point trying to appeal to young un's with fast paced and flashy, they're all on different platforms and DGAF about TV shows.

tl:dr - you're old, everything is your fault grandpa.
    My ex was 8 years younger than me. Among my friends, I watch comparatively very little tv and even I found it jarring how little tv she watched. Just constantly on discord with her friends, watching twitch/gaming streams, watching other types of streams, and following crafts and personalities/influencers.

It’s weird.

Heck, even me, approaching 40, watch way more twitch than TV, as there isn't that much new and interesting storytelling being told and for general "not really paying attention but want some background noise and something to peek at once in a while" a streamer with relaxing voice and a slowish paced game is good one, you know that there won't be any loud interruptions or annoyances for the next 6ish hours of content.

Hit Monkey is a thing i have binged. Technically runs under the Marvel banner, but doesnt really have anything to do with it. I guess its a persiflage, if you want to get technical?

It's fun enough, they stick to the concept and almost pull it off (the ending falls apart a bit).

If you need more convincing, it's like Kill Bill pt. 1 but the protagonist is a monkey with a ghost sidekick.

The Great season 2 is out today, first three episodes of Wheel of Time as well

Quote Originally Posted by depili View Post
    Heck, even me, approaching 40, watch way more twitch than TV, as there isn't that much new and interesting storytelling being told and for general "not really paying attention but want some background noise and something to peek at once in a while" a streamer with relaxing voice and a slowish paced game is good one, you know that there won't be any loud interruptions or annoyances for the next 6ish hours of content.
    Same here (50+). Though I have to admit that the big shift away from "regular" TV to VoD/streams was forced upon me by Germany's decision to phase out DVB-T in exchange for DVB-T2. The latter my very old tube TV set + decoder couldn't handle. So I was forced to by a new SmartTV set. Considering that they wanted me to buy a subscription in or to be able to continue to watch commercial, ad-financed free TV, I looked around for alternatives and that's when I tried out Netflix for the first time, which was just a tiny bit more expensive than the "free" TV subscription. Needless to say the switch was a no-brainer. And as that TV had the YT app on it, I started digging around YT seriously for the first time in my life. Much to my surprise I found out that watching others play a video game iss quite enjoyable, something I laughed at before. My impression of YT before was that it's video games or short clips of people doing stupid stuff, because that's what I saw linked everywhere. Much to my surpise then it turned out to have much more and better to offer.

And just like you, I often use it as a "background noise" while gaming. Lots of podcasts to listen to on YT, e.g. the ProFootballFocus offers. Or science talks ... something you don't need to look at. The only actual TV I still watch are PBS channels: documentaries, discussions, high(er) quality talk shows (e.g. Presseclub/Internationaler Frühschoppen, phoenix Runde).

Last episode of foundation is not great. They should have spent some of that money on people who can act and some better writing.

1st 3 episodes of WoT. I know they have a lot of world building to do and that was sort of OK. Over all I would say the pacing wasn't bad.
    It crossed the line into teen drama a bit to often, hopefully that will improve as the series goes on the the main characters get split up. It did get a bit better in 3rd episode.
    Things that I found annoying
    -I wish hollywood would get over "archers" carrying arrows in back quivers, just didn't happen.
    -The over saturated color palette in the festive village. It got a lot better the morning after.
    -I think they are really over doing the music, it was intrusive
    -The visual effects for magic were good , but the exaggerated casting movements just looked silly
    - the trolloc faces looked good. But the fur suits the non cgi actors were wearing didn't look that good, at least it was a night scene.
    -Rand has gone from having reddish hair to being a full on ginga

I thought the Perrin and Matrim casting was good.(seems mat gets recast in season 2)

I would give it a 3.5/5 so far with potential to get better